4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek Analog Watch with Nice Features
The watch is described as a dive watch, but it is not. The outside bezel has compass measurements and cannot be used for a dive watch because it turns both ways. The watch is not an "ana-digi" either. I don't know why they describe them like that. There is nothing digital about the watch.

The interior black face is textured with a circular design. This adds...
Published on October 22, 2009 by willydigger

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, cheap build quality
Published on June 25, 2008 by Andrew R. Uschold

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek Analog Watch with Nice Features, October 22, 2009
This review is from: Casio Men's AMW330D-1AV Dive Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)

The interior black face is textured with a circular design. This adds some depth to a well designed watch. The outside bezel as stated before is for compass usage. Beneath the glass is a tachymeter that can be used to determine speed. The large second had is used for the chronograph feature, which I prefer. The large second hand also has a red tip with adds a little splash of color and makes it easier to see. The small seconds dial is used for time keeping. The hour marks on the watch are very shiny adding to the high-class look of the face. The main hands contrast well with the black face and the luminous paint works well.

The band is the only flaw (flaw may be too strong a word). The band is not that bad, but it does seem a little on the cheap side. The point where the watch case and the watch band meet could have been designed better. The band seems light (tinny) compared to a heavier steel band of more expensive watches. I would recommend the metal band over the resin though. The locking clasp of the band feels secure when in place. Overall I'm very pleased with this watch. The price on Amazon is cheaper than retail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, July 6, 2008
For such a price I think Casio did well,it really looks like an expensive watch.I have no idea if the glass scratches easily or not,as mentioned in the previous review...If you like big watches like me,this model will be the right choice.I uploaded 3 pictures that are quite different from the advertised one,you will notice how nice it's looking on the hand.
The only thing I know is that I'm enjoying wearing it,and I'm planning to buy a second one for a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now a great value, October 28, 2009
Tandy (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch for a timed test because I wanted a rotating bezel (the test does not allow digital timers). This watch is serviceable and attractive enough, however the quality and features would make me rethink this purchase given the chance.

NEGATIVES

I found that the analog timer on this watch is very useful, except when the hands are covering the tiny timer dials. For this reason, I couldn't always rely on the timer. The bezel is absolutely garbage. It gets stuck for no reason, and when it's not stuck it's too loose to keep your place reliably. If you're looking for a quick way to time a close approximation, the bezel may be for you.

The quality of construction is feels questionable. For the reasons metioned above (lame bezel), as well as just the overall feel. The band is disproportionately weighted to the watch face, and everything just feels cheap. I realize this isn't meant to be a rolex, but for $100 I feel that you could get a better watch.

POSITIVES

The watch has kept time very accurately to the best of my knowledge. It's also easy to use. The problems I've had occur infrequently, so overall this is a highly functional watch. I really like that it's extremely waterproof. It also looks decently cool, depending on your tastes. I have gotten compliments on this watch, however it is not at all flashy. I've dropped the watch a few times and it remains undented and still working smoothly.

The watch is simple to adjust if you've ever used an analog watch, it's standard.

VERDICT

Decent looking, sturdy construction, cheap-feeling band materials, unique features. Large, easy-to read face. Rotating bezel and analog timer. If you need the features that this watch offers and can't find it at a better price, then this watch is serviceable. Its lifetime warranty suggests that this watch will keep working for a long time.

EDIT: At the time this review was written, 3 years ago, the watch was $100. Amazon has since lowered the price, and I believe the new price more closely reflects the watch's value. I'd personally like to see it around $60-65, but it's got a lot of unique features, like a 2-way bezel and analog timer, that may be hard to find somewhere else for less. FYI the watch is still holding up well, just had to do one battery change so far.

EDIT2: Well, Amazon lowered the price yet again, so I've raised my review to 4 stars. I now think it's actually a pretty amazing value, and yes, it's still holding up (but still don't like the weight).

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch for the money., January 11, 2012
T C (AL United States) - See all my reviews
Actually a pretty nice watch, especially for the money. Brushed stainless finish on most of the watch. Polished finished on the sides sets it off nicely. It has a rotating bezel so you can move it to align with the sweep hand for timed events. The working chronograph is similar to a Tag Heuer in the way it works. The large sweep second hand is actually used for the stop watch function with the top and center chronographs providing the 60 minute and 12 hour counters.(Actually 11 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds, but if you are counting that much time do you really need a stopwatch?) The bottom chronograph is the actual second hand and is the only one you should see moving unless the stopwatch is activated. This does mean that if you inadvertantly leave the stopwatch funtion on and the large sweep hand is moving around the watch face like a normal second hand battery life will be greatly diminished. The top button on the right side of the watch starts and stops the stop watch funtion, while the lower button resets the stop watch to zero. The crown , or stem sets the time and date. The bezel is marked with 60 second calibrations, numbers every 10 seconds, 10...20...30...etc. It is also marked in degrees of a circle, 30...60...150...330...etc, as well as compass headings. S, E, W, N. And if that's not enough, it has a Tachymeter so you can calculate your speed. (Just don't try this while driving) The crown doesn't seem to be a screw down type, and the face is marked "Water Resist 100M" so I have my doubts about it's ability as a dependable dive watch. The watch diameter is about 46mm at the crown, (or stem) the crystal is about 31mm. So it is large, but not excessive. It does have heft and fortunatly a nice band and clasp to hold it on. I can't find information on the battery either on the watch or in the included instructions. Guess you wait until it dies, crack it open and get one like it. Overall a nice, good looking watch with many features if you like to play with analog devices. If you insist on using this for an actual dive watch then there is a good chance you'll be removed from the gene pool. But, if you just want a good looking, worry free watch to wear to the beach and have the ability to time the waiters, check the speed of the boats, and tell how many degrees the sun is over the horizon, then this is the watch for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a Casio, May 12, 2009
Watch is put together rather well, being that I use it for a work watch it hold up does the job.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, cheap build quality, June 25, 2008
Andrew R. Uschold (Buffalo, New York USA) - See all my reviews
I saw this watch at Target and found it online for $20 less. When I received the watch everything was great, it came well packaged and was in perfect condition. One thing I noticed is that the bezel moves in both directions which with a true dive watch it only moves in one but I realized it was only a dive style watch and not meant for diving so I forgave that. The real problem came the second time I wore it and I must have bumped it against something and the glass got a decent scratch in it. I didn't even realize that I had run into anything so I couldn't have hit it very hard and in my opinion it scratched far too easily. I realize that it's not the most expensive watch but it's certainly not the cheapest either and I would expect a build quality that would resist at least daily wear and tear. I've had the watch for a month and have only worn it a few times but every time I look at the face I see the scratch and it bothers me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch., February 12, 2013
Was originally looking for a Seiko or Citizen solar or kinetic.
But this watch had all the features I need for up to two hundred
dlrs. less. Looks and feels just as well made as the big brands.
Vendor delivered very fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars recomendado, May 7, 2012
buen reloj, de muy buena apariencia, los relojes pequeños funcionan perfectamente, recomendado si quieres un reloj que sin ser muy caro represente algo de calidad

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch - Different Wristband, June 17, 2009
This is a great watch. I have owned it for 6 months and there are no scratches on it yet - and I'm pretty rough on it. It is worthy to note that this is a large watch, which some people may not like, although I didn't think I liked large watches before I got this one, so it may change your mind. I bought this watch with the black rubber wristband which I would like to swap out for the SS wristband because I think it dresses it up more. My Boss wears a Rolex Daytona if you are familiar and my watch caught his attention - I think you could buy 400 of these for the price of his.

5.0 out of 5 stars muy bueno, April 6, 2012
muy bueno el producto los felicito muchas gracias estoy muy satisfecho . . . . . . . . . . . . .