4.0 out of 5 stars worth it
Published on May 29, 2008 by bud1

2.0 out of 5 stars don't get it wet
Published on July 17, 2010 by J. Sherman

4.0 out of 5 stars worth it, May 29, 2008
This review is from: Casio Men's AQ150W-1EV "Ana-Digi Chronograph" Sport Watch with Black Resin Band (Watch)
got this watch on sale at sears for around 25$ i needed an alarm but hate the all digital watches and couldn't afford an all analog watch with alarm and chrono so i got this. casio makes way more analog/digital combo watches that any other maker. this watch is fantastic, large buttons, simple digital functions, you got the time on top then month,day and day of week on bottom. then alarm, stopwatch and a second timezone if you need that on bottom instead of the date..illuminator blue light lights up analog and digital display.. if i could change one thing i would give this watch a glass crystal because after a while you get scratches because its a plastic face. But all you need is to buff it with 'white paste style toothpaste' and it looks brand new again. Some people might have trouble reading the digital display, its not very big.

4.0 out of 5 stars tough, reliable watch, May 3, 2008
JBW2 "surlyguy" (Smyrna, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
This watch has performed flawlessly for a few years, all the while being subjected to rugged use in the pool, in the ocean, while running, etc. Watchband broke after about 1.5 years. Mine was truly waterproof for the pool and ocean (no diving). So comfortable I even forgot it was on when getting in shower. Digital readout not easy to read while running, which is inconvenient when you want to use stopwatch function.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap watch, September 9, 2009
As long as your expectations are not too high, you are likely to be happy with this watch. With my old failing eyesight, I wanted something that was easy to read in good and bad light. This fits the bill nicely. Keeps very good time and is pretty easy to set. But there is nothing fancy about it, which is what you should expect for $25. Cheap looking hands with no glow in the dark paint on a plain painted dial. No fancy patterns, relief or anything else. Black dail with gold hash marks.Day, date/timer is tiny, but readable with glasses. Backlight works well on main face and day date window. I wear in shower with no issues. Supposed to be safe for swimming and snorkeling. Band is comfortable. More flexible than past plastic bands. Hope that doesnt mean it falls apart sooner but it might. I looked for a long time for an inexpensive watch that had date that was easy to read and am very happy with this one.

Update Sept 2011: This watch is still going strong two years later. The band fell apart a few months ago but was easily replaced for a few bucks. Plastic "crystal" scratches easily but what do you expect for this price. The case has faded from black to dark gray but not a big issue. Overall, it has held up relatively well and the fact that it is still working makes it a buy in my book

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect watch for the casual yet active lifestyle, April 14, 2010
Casio has been pretty good with their reputation for their G-shock timepieces.
I wanted something different.
I'll be going to Navy bootcamp next month and they said that I couldn't wear a watch with the shiny bands. So i was desperately looking for a watch with a black wristband. But the inexpensive ones i've seen so far were full digital watches. Then I came across this watch. It was perfect. I wanted an inexpensive Analog watch with a digital display, Chronograph function, and hopefully a date function as an extra. This watch has it all. I just bought this watch 3 days ago and have been impressed by it. Simple, yet stylish, durable and tough for water activities, and even outdoor activities.
It has a simple Analog display on top then I put the digital time on the bottom because I wanted it in the 24 hour format so I could train myself reading military time. (e.g. 1pm - 1300, 2pm - 1400). This watch even has a chronograph that could help me time my run!
In general, this watch is very good for its price, which is just a fraction of a high-end wristwatch that almost has the same features elsewhere!
The band is really comfortable and soft and not irritating to my wrist at all. The watch itself is so light, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing it. The displays are all easy to read. the digital display though may be a little small but its just what you could expect for the price. I've recently swam with it, ran with it, and no problems so far. I'm surprised that the seawater didn't do any rust damage on the screws.
I would say this would be a good watch for any person with an active lifestyle, and it's even great for everyday wear.

2.0 out of 5 stars don't get it wet, July 17, 2010
J. Sherman (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
I've had this watch for two weeks. Good looking watch, and only $20.95, but after wearing it while cleaning our patio with a hose, the inside fogged up. Condensation is ringing the crystal. I've had inexpensive running watches last for years, but once moisture gets inside, it's dead. During the two weeks it came in contact with high humidity perspiration, suncreen, water. I expect more from this type of watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great watch at an unbeatable price, November 12, 2009
This little watch has all the features of a watch costing two to three times what it costs.
It is easy to set the various features -- a stop watch, a timer, calendar, alarm and digital time. It was exactly what I wanted in a sport watch. The picture of the watch does not do it justice as I find the actual watch better looking. The only drawback is that the digital window is a little small which makes it hard to read the numbers. However, the backlight does a lot to improve legibility. In all, you can't go wrong with this watch considering the reasonable price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Waterproof, August 21, 2010
I bought this watch three months ago specifically for hiking and backpacking, with its high water-reistant rating and rubber wrist band. It has been on two week-long trips, and developed visible moisture under the crystal each time. Exposure was nothing more than sweat or a minor splash from a stream. I would send it back, but its not worth paying shipping to get a partial refund. Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite watch, January 5, 2011
The best recommendation I can make about this watch is that I have purchased three of them. I had one for five years and the battery just failed this week. I did not replace the battery because the watchband broke a couple of years ago and I was using this watch as a backup for its replacement, which was the same type of Casio watch. The second one was working fine, but I left it behind at the gym in a locker, and it disappeared. When I went looking for a replacement, I did spend some time browsing watches, but could not find one that fit my requirements: an analog face (I prefer this for my watches) with an alarm and a stopwatch. It does have a small digital display for the stopwatch, alarm, date, and a second time setting, which is fine. The watch itself has a ruggedly handsome appearance. Some might find the black display to be challenging to read, but it's fine for me. The watch is comfortable and lightweight. Some watches I tried at the store were heavy, which reinforced for me the comfortable feeling of this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5-Star!, December 5, 2011
This watch was mine seconhand, probably about a year old with a different wristband, This watch has been performing beautifully. The only complaint would be that the alarm is a little bit weak. Read: Not a siren. I love this watch. It's smaller than some other behemoths I've had, light enough that I don't even notice it when I'm running. I'm a lifeguard and swim in pools and lakes all summer. This watch is a 10 star instrument, just like every Casio item I've ever had.

(p.s. I reccomend the Voguestrap TX51012BK Allstrap for a replacement band, the stock is a little weak.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch., December 28, 2009
One of the only reasons i bought this watch was because of the ana-digi feature. little did i know i bought one of the best watches i will ever own. Water proof, so i never take it off. One of the problems which is probably not a biggy is that you have to change the ana clock and the digi clock seperately, but thats cool if you want to know the time in two places. Overall, best watch, and its at a really good price.