Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's AQ160WD-1BV Stainless Steel Ana-Digi Electro-Luminescent Sport Watch
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on September 23, 2007
Great watch with many great features. I love the size of the digital layout and the metal band is durable. To resize the band, push out the pins from the side that looks like screws.

Pros: Accurate, good looking, multiple alarms, timer, and stop-watch.

Cons: Metal band latch sometimes deforms, making it hard to latch. You have to bend it a certain way to make it work. The analog hands sometimes get out of sync with the digital time. You can fix that easily, but annoying sometimes. Lastly, at night you can't use the watch features. There is a light, but it occupies a button used for setting alarms and such. So if you are setting your alarm, you can't see the display. Timex has a night feature that, once enabled, turns the light on with every button press. My former watch had it and it was a very handy feature.

Great for the price.
on November 20, 2007
I was looking for a watch with both analog and digital outputs. I found this one that fit the bill. It wasn't very expensive so if it bit the dust at work I wouldn't mind too much. The only problem I found was the dial window. It's plastic. Soft plastic. Unfortunaly only a week after buying the watch I already had several scratches on the face that made it more difficult to see the face. If the dial window was more resilient I would be very happy with the watch and give it 4 or 5 stars but as it stands it gets a 2... barely.
77 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2008
I lost my casio edifice watch and decided to get this watch since it had all of the features that I needed (time zones, alarm, display date/day, etc.). The watch arrived the other day and so I thought that I would contribute my initial thoughts since I found the other reviews here to be useful.

This is a very solid and good looking watch. The display is easy to read with large numbers/letters and a bright back light, much better than the casio that I lost (and half the price!). Setting it up was very easy and it is comfortable. I prefer a metal band to the resin bands on the other version of this watch. The band is solid and easy to adjust (wikihow has a brief article on adjusting the band called "Adjust-a-Casio-S-935L-Watch-Band").

The watch is thicker than most of the previous watches that I have had. At first I was concerned about this, but now that I've worn it for a while, I don't really notice.

I haven't had it long enough to notice scratches on the watch face.

I like the watch and would buy it again.
on December 29, 2007
Strap is either too loose or too tight, because the links are a little too big. Its hard to adjust at home and needs to be taken to a watch repair shop.
Material used for construction of the body is cheap painted plastic that gets scratched very easily. The dial window is claimed to be "Mineral" but it certainly doesnt feel like that to the touch, and again scratches very easily.
Seems to be showing accurate time so far, but then casio electronics are generally reliable.
I would go for a more expensive casio model in the future which have better construction.
on August 9, 2011
I love the functionality and the price!

Good:
- Low cost
- Analog + Digital
- 5 alarms
- Good looking
- fully metallic bracelet

Con:
- After only 2 weeks, Front lens keeps on accumulating scratches at an alarming rate! (I remove 2 stars for that one!!).
- I find the menuing none-intuitive & frustrating (but not enough to loose a star over this one).

Note:
I believe my wrist to be of normal man size and I only had to remove one link.
So people that have large wrist beware!

UPDATE:
I was able to remove most scratches with a simoniz sander-polisher 7" and a headlight restoration creme.
Note, it also removed a bit of the paint around the lens, but the plastic behind is of a similar color.
It does not make the product better, but at least you can easily restore the watch once in a while.
I will post a picture with the Watch, Polisher and Creme.

UPDATE 2:
PRODUCT FAILURE after 10 months of use. The watch was purchased July 2010 and failed May 2011.
The plastic watch body broke where the pin holds the bracelet. Since it's the watch body that failed, this watch is not repairable.
30$ is too expensive considering the short life of the product and the lens scratch problem.
I'm removing yet an other star and would rate this product with only 2 stars.
review image review image
on May 7, 2011
I did not know that the face was covered with plastic instead of glass and the silver paint around the face is already fading in jus 2 weeks of use.
on March 28, 2008
I bought this watch looking forward to the fact that it had both analog and digital options along with a metal band. I received it and not a week later, it died. I thought that it must have been the battery and took it to get the battery replaced. The technicians replaced the battery and nothing happened. The watch had literally died. I looked to send it back because it was still in the 30-day return timeframe, but since I had worn it and because I had thrown the packaging away after it worked for a week (about the day before it died) it did not meet the qualifications of being returned "unworn and in the original packaging." I do not recommend purchasing this item due to its unreliability when it comes to actually working.
on February 11, 2008
Right away I knew it was cheap. It looks hefty but holding it instantly reveals that the bulk is cosmetic. While the watch looks to be made of metal, only the strap is. Everything else -lens et. al.- is plastic... a fact that was quickly revealed by the fact that the chrome paint quickly began to disappear off the area around the face from nothing more than rubbing against a cuff. On sale, this is priced at about three times its value -- I can't even imagine how disappointed one would be paying almost $200 for it.
on September 16, 2011
The connection between the band and the bezel broke after barely a month. Casio's return policy isn't clear-- but boils down to you have to return it for them to evaluate whether they'll cover it. I refuse to pay money only to be told I have to repair an item that is almost brand new. It's too bad-- I really like the display but the quality is poor (too much plastic, I guess). I've since purchased a Timex that doesn't have as nice a display but is a metal case and seems more robust.
on February 20, 2010
My watch just died today after 4 years of use, so I decided a review was in order! This watch has everything you could possibly want - analog + digital, time zones, timer, stop watch, multiple alarms, lights. Feature wise it is perfect. However I do think some of the specifications are wrong. The band is far too light to be steel, and it's not magnetic, so I'm inclined to believe that it is aluminum. Also I'm not sure how true the watch face is a mineral material, as mine got many scratches over the year. If the watch had better build quality, I would get another.