4.0 out of 5 stars Great Functionality
I've had this watch about three months.

Pros:

1. 5 alarms (1 snooze -- repeats every 5 minutes)
2. Hourly chime -- great for getting out of meetings on time
3. Countdown timer -- perfect for putting my son in time-out
4. Light -- illuminates the hands from the side making it easy to see the time
5. Digital and analog time sync up,...
Published on June 13, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable quality
Purchased watch August 2012. Case literally fell apart June 2013. Case not covered by warranty so they know. Not abused, just poorly engineered. Plastic can't handle strain of band. Don't be fooled by metal outercase - inside is plastic. Second Casio watch to fail this way. I'll never buy or recommend Casio again.
Published 13 months ago by Matthew Mattoon

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Functionality, June 13, 2010
This review is from: Casio Men's AQ190WD-1A Multi-Task Gear Sports Watch (Watch)
I've had this watch about three months.

Pros:

1. 5 alarms (1 snooze -- repeats every 5 minutes)
2. Hourly chime -- great for getting out of meetings on time
3. Countdown timer -- perfect for putting my son in time-out
4. Light -- illuminates the hands from the side making it easy to see the time
5. Digital and analog time sync up, just set the digital (very cool, too bad you don't have to change the time very often)
6. Daylight savings time -- toggles between daylight savings time and standard time
7. The band is long enough to fit a large wrist
8. Very lightweight compared to similarly sized watches

Cons

1. Crystal is plastic not mineral -- scratches easily (and I am not hard on watches)
2. Light is not effective on digital portion making the day/date nearly impossible to see

Overall, for the price this is a fantastic watch. I would be happy to pay more to purchase this watch with a non-plastic crystal. That is the only reason I gave it a four-star rating. If I could purchase it at twice the price with a real crystal, I would gladly do so and give it a five-star rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars All the functions, December 16, 2009
PhotoFlash "PF" (Broomall, PA, US) - See all my reviews
I am a diabetic and use a watch with multiple alarms to keep me on schedule. My Citizen Nighthawk had broken for the fourth time in the ten years I've owned it. Rather than spend the $125.00 to have it repaired again, I decided to look for something to replace it. Of the dozens of watches I researched, this one came up with all of the features I was looking for at a very reasonable price. So far, it's working fine. Check back with me in a couple of years, to see if I'm still as happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable quality, July 4, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Hubby loves it, January 10, 2013
Henrietta (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my husband as a Christmas gift, he loves it! I was looking for an attractive watch that had both analog and digital,this has all of that and more. Also, i needed to find a watch that didn't have large dials or parts sticking out on the sides of the watch face. My husband is a construction worker and parts sticking out could be hazardous! The band fit him just right, not too tight or loose and he even was able to set it himself, usually he asks me to. The illumination on the backlight is great and low key enough that it wouldn't distract people in a dark room. So glad I found this for him!

5.0 out of 5 stars casio sport watch, February 26, 2013
love this watch it has day date time is easy to set and change large luminous hands
it is quite thin and cumfortable to wear the price is good 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, February 8, 2013
This watch meets my needs perfectly. Main reason is for use is the multi- day alarms. But the watch is also not too heavy, the buttons are very user friendly, and it looks great. I haven't worn a watch for a decade but happily wear this one constantly. The band may be a little big for some as I am a large person and still had to adjust it to the smallest setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent, January 21, 2013
It is exactly like I was looking for. Not heavy, nice and with good functions. I really recommend it for everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall Hubby is Pleased, December 1, 2012
I decided to buy this watch for my hubby when his last watch broke(not casio). I received the watch the day after I ordered it. I wanted to set the time and date before I gave it to him, but the book was very small and hard to read at first. Plus the watch was also hard to set. I had to read the directions several times and look it up online as well too. After about 30 minutes I finally got it. So for set up I give it a 2 star.

Other than set up being a pain, I give a 4 star because my hubby is very pleased with the watch and I am very pleased with the price. If the set up had been such a headache, I would have definitely done 5 stars. For pice, I recommend this watch for anyone looking for a great watch at a great price.

1.0 out of 5 stars i got tricked too, December 22, 2010
same case as the venesolan dude i purchased the metalic one and got the one with the wristband made of rubber

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless alarm, July 31, 2013
I bought this for my husband for the multiple alarm feature and it was a great disappointment. First, the band was too big and we had to have three links removed so we cannot return it. Then once it fit, the alarms got set and he waited for the first one to go off. At first he thought the alarm was not working. Then he realized that it had gone off but he did not hear it. He could only hear it if he held the watch by his ear. Thinking the problem was because of the high frequency of the alarm (he cannot hear really high sounds), he had me try it. The alarm is so quiet that I could not hear it either unless it was right beside my ear. There is no way that this could ever be used anywhere that there is any competing sound. The company was contacted to see if the volume could be increased. To give them credit, Casio did get right back but they said that there is no way to adjust the volume. I would not recommend purchasing this watch if you hope to use the alarm feature.

Casio Men's AQ190WD-1A Multi-Task Gear Sports Watch