5.0 out of 5 stars She Bangs!
Given all its features, this baby is some serious bang for the buck! Key things I searched for prior to purchasing were 1) affordability - I'm pretty rough on watches so I wanted quality without a huge dent in my wallet; 2) solar-powered/rechargeable - my last two watches went the way of the dodo due to dead batteries and the ridiculous cost to change them; 3)...
Published on January 10, 2012 by Rick

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK
Got the watch on time (thats allways good) everything looks and feels ok. My only complain could be the fact that the case is made out of plastic (dont like plastic cause it rots). Besides that, all is fine. Cant comment on quality yet. Ill try to post in the future something about this. Woul recomend? YES

26/12/2012 As spected the plastic case BROKE. So as you...
Published on September 28, 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed reactions, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's AQS800WD-1EV Slim Solar Multi-Function Analog-Digital Watch (Watch)
The watch looks good and the alarms work--very helpful re medication timing. But it isn't easy to set the various functions, and it takes a while to learn how to get to the function you want. The watchband is made for someone with a very large wrist and as others have noted, when the analog hands are in the region of 6:30 you can't read what's in the small digital screen. One of the best things about this watch is that it's solar--no need for batteries!

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and stylish, March 12, 2012
I bought this to replace a worn down old watch that I had. The previous watch was also analog and digital, so I sought out one just like it. Here's a breakdown of Pros and Cons:

PROS:
-Light. Sometimes you won't even feel it.
-5 Alarms.
-Times for many cities.
-Solar battery, so you don't have to replace it (ideally).
-Nice, stylish design.
-Analog and digital part sync with each other.
-(Orange) Back light for LCD display.
-Hands glow in the dark.
-Waterproof

CONS:
-No second hand.
-No other battery, purely solar. I thought it had a regular chemical battery with the solar battery as a backup. Unfortunately, solar is the sole power source, so if it goes without light for too long, it will shut off.
-It's NOT intuitive to operate (set the initial time, change settings). It came with a thick manual, that you must never lose.

BOTTOM LINE: I recommend it. Unless you live in a cave, the solar issue shouldn't be a problem, and how often do people count seconds with the hand (the LCD displays seconds with both numbers and a bars)?

4.0 out of 5 stars Bang for bucks - but with obvious flaws, January 23, 2013
Hi,

Got it after reading all the reviews here. I'll not repeat on what's stated here. Just my experience:
1. The strap size with which the watch gets shipped with - you got to be having a wrist like He-Man! Would have helped if they shipped with a size that fits an average person. That way everyone doesn't have to adjust the strap before using it. Adjusting it is not that easy. The pins in the links come out fine - it's the final step of detaching the link from the rest is tedious. Few of my links have bent permanently - and I still don't know the correct way to do it.

2. The digital display where it shows either mon.date sec or hh:mm sec or day sec should have been mon.date day or hh:mm sec, like most ana/digtal watches. The way that it is, you end up changing the display twice - once to get the day (mon/tue/wed etc.) and once to get the date. Why would anyone continuously need seconds when one wants to see either the day or the date?

3. When you enter the world time mode, you can only 'travel' east. So if you by mistake overstep the required timezone, you have to go all the way across the remaining (30) timezones, till you come back to what you wanted. Pretty tedious. A quicker way would be to use another button to navigate it the other way round.

4. They have used a uni-directional servo motor it seems. While switching the timezones or when toggling the DST, I would have expected the watch move the hands in the shortest way - to conserve batteries. So if you travel west (i.e. need to lose time), the watch ends up pushing the hands in clockwise direction till it reaches the desired timezone. So if you had even moved the time zone by half hour, you'd have the watch moving the hands like mad! I think a simpler way would be to reverse the polarity so that the servo motor gets reversed.

Updated: 29th April '13: Switched of DST on 07th April. The watch to my surprise, moved the hands anti-clock wise direction to lose time! So that means a bi-directional motor *is* being used. Wonder why they didn't activate this, when losing time while switching time zones.

5. Would have preferred a white dial. But didn't see one out for sale.

6. The digital display for 5 sec mark is a total waste.

Apart from that I find my watch has not lost or gained more than a sec in the past 6 months! That pretty much sums it up. It does it's job - show time - perfectly.

I am more than happy with that!

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin and light but not so great, February 23, 2012
Frank C. (The Garden State, USA) - See all my reviews
The watch I received was defective and was returned. The minute hand would not correctly synchronize with the digital display clock and was always 2 minutes off. And it's impossible to adjust it manually because it's self-adjusting.

The metal strap on this watch is cheap and terribly stiff and the hairs on my wrist would constantly get caught in between the links making it very painful to wear.

I do not recommend this watch primarily for the cheap metal strap. I own 3 other digital Casio watches with metal straps and never had a problem. I'm a bit disappointed with Casio on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, good looking, and light weight watch, January 20, 2012
I really like this watch. It is very elegant looking and very light weight indeed. It does not look very big for my medium sized wrists and I love the fact that it has a solar cell in it and that it will not require a battery change. The only minor negative point about this watch is that the backlight does not illuminate the whole dial like it does in the TIMEX watches

2.0 out of 5 stars I purchased thiswatch hoping for it to last a long time with ..., September 18, 2014
I purchased this watch hoping for it to last a long time with solar power and a metal band. Sadly, the case turns out to be a piece of junk made of cheap plastic that lasted a total of 4 months before it broke - and it did not have hard use. As for the good, it keeps time very well and I love the time zone and daylight saving time features;. It has many other features, such as a stop watch that I do not care about, but are there if you want them. Because of the cheap plastic case, I cannot recommend this watch. Even worse is the case is specifically excluded from the warranty - Casio must have known they were selling junk. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is I was able to repair the case with super glue and it has lasted 2 days so far. But we shall see if the super glued part goes before another part of the case. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT!
UPDATE on 10/3/14: I contacted Casio customer service to give them a change to replace or repair this defective watch. They refused saying because I used super glue as a temporary fix, they would not cover repair of the watch case. With this very poor customer service, I will boycott Casio products in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUY!!!, November 4, 2013
Angela Lyvers (LORETTO, KY, US) - See all my reviews
This watch is a great buy at a great price. The only con that I can possibly give it is a poor illumination. I am still giving it a five star though because the company readily advertises the illumination method is sub-par. This watch is lightweight and has many more features than the average Joe will ever need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio one of the best and reliable watches, July 31, 2013
light weight, and nice looking, good features, went online to get better instructions to program. Casio has always been excellent watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, great price, January 28, 2013
Casio watches are all very dependable and reliable. This is as nice as any of the much more expensive solar watches. The instruction book was teensy and daunting to read/follow to work the multiple functions of the watch, but that's no different from any other imported multi-function watch. This watch is a very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this watch!, January 28, 2013
I bought this watch as a 'step up' from the usual sport watches with plastic bands and full digital faces. I've been told by several people that it looks like a much more expensive watch. All the needed digital functions are there and easy to use. The solar charging hasn't been a problem here in Oregon even with all the clouds. I just leave it in a window sill facing the sun for a few hours when it's sunny and it seems to hold the charge well. I would recommend it to anyone looking to get an 'inexpensive' watch that looks like it costs more than it does.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›