5.0 out of 5 stars She Bangs!
Given all its features, this baby is some serious bang for the buck! Key things I searched for prior to purchasing were 1) affordability - I'm pretty rough on watches so I wanted quality without a huge dent in my wallet; 2) solar-powered/rechargeable - my last two watches went the way of the dodo due to dead batteries and the ridiculous cost to change them; 3)...
Published on January 10, 2012 by Rick

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK
Got the watch on time (thats allways good) everything looks and feels ok. My only complain could be the fact that the case is made out of plastic (dont like plastic cause it rots). Besides that, all is fine. Cant comment on quality yet. Ill try to post in the future something about this. Woul recomend? YES

26/12/2012 As spected the plastic case BROKE. So as you...
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 414 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for Brother, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's AQS800WD-1EV Slim Solar Multi-Function Analog-Digital Watch (Watch)
Yeah, I wanted to give my brother a watch but not just ANY watch. I wanted it to be the baddest ass watch ever! Of course, though, I did have a budget. I didn't want to break my bank account either. I sorted on Amazon by rating. Then I sorted on price. I found this watch to match all the criteria I was looking for: equal to or above 4.5 star rating and below $100. I also really wanted a solar powered atomic watch made by a known manufacturer. This watch also just happens to be gorgeous. I am a female and I think this is stylish. From a fashion standpoint, I feel on behalf of my fellow women that the ladies will like it!

Right out of the box, it started spinning and calibrating to the atomic time. I love how easy this watch is. My brother was really impressed, too. He actually got a watch for my Dad for Christmas as well. But all eyes were on THIS WATCH. :D In short, I would definitely recommend this! Casio I have found has been a really reliable brand. The quality of their watches usually are good and long lasting. I am satisfied with this purchase. Compared to other watches of similar type, this is the most attractive and best priced for the features and rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice watch for the money, December 5, 2012
Gary Kinsman (Simi Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Pros

- Nice looking bezel, dial, hands and band
- Very detailed dial
- Solar battery charging
- Very accurate (about one second per week fast)
- Useful modes (battery level indicator, world time, five alarms, two countdown timers, stopwatch)
- Can show month/date or day of week
- Analog time is very easy to read due to contrast between light hands and dark dial
- Luminous hands and hour markers (some other similar Casio watches omit the luminous markers)
- LED light for digital display works well
- Interesting 5-second counter to right of digital display (seconds 1-5 count in black, seconds 6-10 count in white)
- Functions are relatively easy to use
- Stainless steel band with secure latch
- Thinner than most similar watches
- Inexpensive

Cons

- Case is resin, not stainless steel
- Crystal appears to be acrylic (Amazon says it's mineral glass)
- No second hand (but seconds show in digital display in timekeeping modes)
- Can't show day and date simultaneously
- Can't show seconds in world time mode
- Countdown timer limited to 100 minutes
- Stopwatch limited to 60 minutes
- In world time mode, timezone can only be changed going east, but not west
- Minute hand obscures information when it sweeps past digital display at the bottom of the hour
- Bezel does not rotate (decorative only)
- Band is quite stiff and squeaks a bit in the sections that attach to the case

Notes

- My watch arrived charged to the "Mid" battery level, and was brought up to "Hi" after several hours sitting in a sunny window sill. It remains to be seen how easily the solar charge can be maintained at the "Hi" level.
- Minute hand doesn't align with all markers (some are better aligned when seconds are at zero, others when seconds are at 20; for reading time "at a glance" via the hands, this is of no consequence; to read time more precisely, the digital display can be used)
- Download the PDF manual to get a larger font than with the tiny included manual

Overall

- A very nice, good looking, full featured watch for the money. Highly recommended.

Update #1

- I found the supplied metal band quite uncomfortable to wear, because it pulls arm hairs. I replaced the band with an SK New York 18mm black with white stitching croco leather band (available on eBay for about $13.50). The watch is a lot more comfortable to wear now, so I find myself wearing it much more often.

Update #2

- To give the watch a sportier look, I replaced the band again, this time with a Clockwork Synergy 2-piece 18mm nylon black/khaki band, which is available on Amazon and eBay. The khaki stripes on the band go very well with the brownish yellow color on the bezel and dial of the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 40 bucks I ever spent!!!!!, October 21, 2012
I have been wearing this watch every day for about 6 months. The band fits well after I got it adjusted. It fits better,(for me),with the buckle,(part with realease buttons), turned the other way. As of right now it has gained about 1 minute according to my atomic clock. That is more than perfectly acceptable in my book. It is light,I forget I have it on. I like the digital calender,(you dont have to mess with it). The hands glow for most of the night after being exposed during the day. They glow brightly if I hold it next to a light buld for ,say, 15 seconds. I rarely use the backlight. It is easy for me to read day or night. The crystal was accumulating light scratches,(and 1 big one). I took a chance and polished it lightly with some ceramic/glass cook top cleaner. It took all the scratches right out. The fact that the crystal is soft is a plus if that is all it takes to remove scratches.
For $40.00 I will definatly but another. For the money I wold give it 10 stars if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied with the watch., July 13, 2012
I love this watch. It has all the functionality of digital watch, combined with an analog watch.
I would recommend this to anybody who want a hybrid watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wrist watch., July 27, 2014
I'm kinda a watch nut, but this is the very first time that I've purchased a watch and every single function and part (the band) worked perfectly and in the case of the band, I didn't even have to adjust it. Every function works as advertised and it keeps perfect time. Thanks Casio, good job. This one is solar, maybe one day I'll order a different color, as this one should last for years and years.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Casio watches, but...., May 14, 2014
This is the 5th Casio watch I have owned. So far I am very pleased with this model. The majority of the watches I have owned have worn out, and had one watch that broke where the band attaches. I have had ones that worn out batteries and like this idea of solar power. These watch bands are very comfortable and is one of the reasons I keep coming back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, May 6, 2014
I like it...the digital read out is a little small, but don't really use it all that much. Great price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great 'slim solar' functional watch, April 2, 2014
I have owned and now own several Casio watches, known for its long life and functionality; but this one is the best of them all for several reasons:
1 Its solar power, quite quick charging unlike the digital Solar CASIO I have with visible solar panel of older design
2 Multifunctions-such as stop watch and alarm that I need to use and the very useful 'world time' of all important cities---i do travel to the far east. 3 simple illuminator with LED for digital window 4 Large dial with luminous hands, but not too large like many other watches we get or the 'G shock series of Casio...neither too small nor too big, but sporty look!
5 light weight, though I would have preferred a metallic,stainless steel case . 6 The Casio metal band is very good with clasp and easy to remove links with a simple pin and some help from one of the videos from You-tube.The band looks stylish and would cost easily $10.
7 The hands lume is pretty good. 8 I like the charge indicator into 'lo", "mid' and 'hi'---easy to monitor.

8 The day is displayed in different languages.9 Sporty look of the dial.
There are a few negative factors to be mentioned: The digital window is pretty small,though I find that the area for this feature is limited by the solar cell area at the center;
The manual is too cluttered and difficult to follow except for tech-savvy folks...I found this easy because I have used Casio digital watches earlier.
If it had a metallic case, it would have been better.
I find that Casio may have other models with a larger dial [46 mm] with larger digi window.
But overall, this is an excellent 'SLIM SOLAR WATCH" with Ana-digi features FOR UNDER $40.Go ahead and buy one or gift to someone you love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it, February 26, 2014
For the price and features you can't go wrong. This watch looks much better in person or on your arm than the picture. I like the analog digital features, I have a few other Casio's that are all digital I am not real happy with a full time digital watch not sure why I guess 50 some odd years with analog will spoil you to a certain type. I will still use the digital watches for weekend causal or what ever just not every day. This one will fit the bill.
I did have to re-sync the hands fresh out of the box, it was not a problem following the instructions and now the hands align perfectly with the marks. I like the fact it's solar hopefully won't ever need a battery, I use the countdown timer and stop watch functions all the time on my digital watches that's one thing I like about them.
The digital display is pretty small on this watch, I wear glasses and have no problem seeing the digits but I can see why some would be bothered by how small it is especially if your on the fence about wearing your glasses, I just wear my glasses all the time so it's not an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happily surprised by solar technology, February 21, 2014
Tom (Meadow Vista, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
Great looking and very functional watch. Lives up to description of watch in product description. Love the watch! What's not to like about this, especially since digital/analog watches are hard to find (chronograph watches seem all the rage these days).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 414 | Next ›