Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

on June 2, 2008
First off i want to say that this is one of the best watches I've purchased . The watch is very comfortable and lightweight but feels like it can take any punishment you give it. It looks bigger in the pictures shown on here and is definitely not so big as shown. I was worried about it being too big and chunky but is the exact opposite. Most of the time i forget its there! The band is very flexible and just molds around your wrist perfectly. All the features work as well as you would expect and fit your daily needs. The alarm is a little quit for me as i am a heavy sleeper, but i use my blackberry instead and that is always with me as well as my G-shock!
on October 3, 2009
I just received mine yesterday, and decided to write a review.
I like the blue bezel, as it adds a splash of color without "sticking out". The reverse display is nice, and it gives the face a "stealthy" look, and in my opinion looks cooler than the traditional lcd. The lume is decent, but doesn't last for more than 3 hours, but not a deal breaker to me. It's not an atomic or solar watch, and that's fine too. Those features are nice, but unnecessary to me. Why? Well, for starters, unless you use the backlight everyday, the batteries last forever! Much longer than the 3 years advertised. I have owned many G shocks, and I have a ani-digi model, I purchased 7 years ago, when they first came out, and it's still going strong, on the original battery.

As far as atomic timekeeping goes, well, these japanese movements are VERY accurate, and only lose and gain seconds a month. If you are a tech geek, and have to have the time exact to the hundredth of a second, I can see where the atomic feature would be handy. The multi-band is good for someone that travels around the world, I don't. I guess what i'm saying is if you need that type of functionality on a watch, its available. I just don't see spending extra $$$ on features I will NEVER use. So, if you're at all like me, this watch will be perfect for you.

Another thing I like about this particular G, is it is not as thick as most of the new G shocks out there. It doesn't incorporate the technology I discussed, and thus, it's a smaller watch because of it. I would say the diameter of the watch is medium to large, if you compare it to other G shocks. If you do have a small wrist, it won't look like you are wearing a wall clock on your wrist, but it does look good on a larger wrist like mine.

The watch is light and comfortable, but tough as nails. I have owned G's twice the price, but for some reason, this one's my favorite. It looks 10X nicer in person than in the pictures online. If you like this style of G shock, I whole heartedly recommend a purchase. I feel it's the best bang for the buck out of ALL the G's, and I have seen them all.
on July 27, 2008
I bought this watch as a back-up to my Casio Solar Pathfinder PAW1300. I wanted something I could wear to work that would look nice and also be able to handle getting banged around and the tough stuff. I knew the only answer was to get a G-Shock because they are known for being tough under fire and taking a beating and still going. I am happy with this because I like the blue color as well as many of the features. I have to use GMT time at work so I like to be able to have both of the times up at the same time. I would recommended this watch to anyone. I wish it could be solar powered and atomic like my Pathfinder but I guess you can't have it all and keep it a reasonably low priced watch that you aren't afraid to beat up a little at work. Once again - a great watch!
on December 8, 2012
This is my second G Shock. So far, I'm very impressed with both. The only complaint about my other one (G7900) is the alarm is too quiet, a problem with this one as well. Maybe it's my hearing, though. The only other complaint I have about this watch is the black background: it is very difficult to read the digital screens in all but bright light. Perhaps a light background with dark numbers would be better? The back-light works with the analog hands fine but not the digital numbers. Oh, well. Like my other, I sometimes forget I'm even wearing this watch it's so comfortable. I'm not into "color" in my watches, but this one intrigued and it works. The black-on-blue is a good, subtle combination. I wish I didn't like these watches so much...I really can't afford another. They work.
on May 1, 2016
Nice looking well built but you need reading glasses to read the date. Very unhappy. But hey it's what the photo and other reviews said I was just so happy because it was made in the United States. Hope it breaks so I can get on more easy to read.
on January 10, 2013
I was replacing a Pulsar PQ2001 because the alarm wasn't quite loud enough. This watch is just a bit louder, but just right. Actually I think it is partially because the sound is a bit sharper, but it works.

It is easy to use, easy to set (for a watch in this category), and looks pretty good too. I like the blue for a slightly classier touch. The 3 round, digital windows are easy enough to read, but could be a tad larger. Actually the whole watch isn't as big as some have reported. It actually looks a tad small on my wrist. If you have a medium or small wrist, this might still work.

It has one less alarm than the Pulsar, but it's good enough. I do like the timer warning beeps.

Overall, I like this watch a lot and am very happy with it.
on December 30, 2011
I bought this watch for my brother-in-law's birthday. He had told my sister about getting a G-shock for the weekends working in and around the house. So, I decided to give him what I consider one of the best looking G-shocks under $100.

Once I received the watch, I opened it to make sure it was in working condition since the box was a little banged up. The watch was fine so I synced it with the NIST time. Synchronizing both the analog and digital should be a breeze as long as you follow the instruction booklet.

I was surprised to see that it wasn't so big in size. Pictures online make it look bigger than what it is. It should still look nice on most wrists though.

The detail on the sundial is good and together with the reverse displays make it look pricier than if it had regular displays. The dials have a skeleton style and are big enough to show time with a quick glance. The skeleton style dials should make them lighter and therefore give better battery life; hypothetically speaking of course.

Overall, my in-law liked it a lot. I'm sure he wouldn't have gotten something as nice for the same price in the mall. Now, I need to find an excuse to get one for myself. :)
on June 11, 2008
i'm writing this under the mrs. acct but what the heck. i just got this today in the mail from amazon via usps. every was as pictured EXCEPT that i was disappointed that the blue part is also rubber... it looked metallic to me. The metallic blue would have been a nice accent to this watch.

the analog is cool but wish it had a seconds hand.

it is attractive and to me, looks very techno - but cool enuff not to be geeky but sporty.

the digi part of the time reading is a bit small. the small circular window can display the day of the week, time, or date.

i'm not even sure what the bottom window does... for me it is just black with some grid lines.

i have a small wrist and the strap is definitely on the big side... i'm on the third opening from the inside counting out!

The watch isn't thick as some of the other G-Shocks i've seen... they can get up to around an inch in thickness.. this one is like 1/2 inch thick.

for $60 - not a huge investment is an good watch.

UPDATE : 11/1/2015 -- i still have this watch and wear it on vacation or whenever i need a G Shock -- it is still running on the same battery it came with.

michael
on January 29, 2012
My English is not too good but i will try to explain why I purchased this watch. It was a Christmas gift for my grand son. He wanted it so much that I did know everything about this watch since July 2011. I went in so many places to buy it but I did not find it. It was so popular that it was sold out. I decided to contact Amazon and I finally bought it. I made a good decision. This watch is the best one.
on March 6, 2013
A good overall watch, but I overlooked the details of the background and digital imaging. (I thought that my wife would like the blue accents, and didn't bother thinking about the other options on the watch.) The dark background with light images in the dials make their information almost impossible to read, in anything but extremely bright sunlight.
But, it will get used while snorkeling, standup paddleboarding, and general outdoorsy stuff.