Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 3, 2011
I bought this watch a few years ago as a replacement for a digital Casio that stopped working. This watch is great for the price. People were amazed when I told them it only cost $25. The watch was well suited to both casual dressy situations as well as sporty and working conditions. I found that the button functions were useful and that the watch could withstand anything I could do to it (submerged in water, shock, scrapes, working on cars) and still work. The backlight was enough to make the watch readable in dark situations. This was a very reliable everyday watch until I lost it a couple days ago.

Now for the problems:

1. The crystal is not protected at all. It is concave outward, so it scratches readily. I didn't mind because the watch was inexpensive, but a flat crystal would have been much better.
2. The front of the watch has two plastic pieces on the top and bottom that make the watch look cheap. The exposed screws on the front do not help the look either.
3. (and probably the most important) The hands of the analog dial cover up the LCD, and there is no way to temporarily move them out of the way. Some digits on the LCD become unreadable, rendering all of the digital functions useless until enough time has passed to move the hands out of the line of sight. This is a clear design flaw that should have been anticipated and solved (say, for example, by a function to advance the hands temporarily when two buttons were pressed)
4. No second hand on the analog dial. There is a seconds display on the LCD, but again, the display is not very helpful at times.
5. The time on the hands is independent of the time on the LCD. So, for daylight savings time and time zone changes, the watch is twice as hard to reset.

Overall, for the price, the watch is very good. I would readily recommend to anyone looking for a tough and reliable but useful and good-looking inexpensive watch.
on February 29, 2012
My Casio Waveceptor still works fine but lost its' chrome finish on
the grey plastic frame and now looks too ratty to wear. I'll keep it
on the dresser for its' perfect timekeeping. I got an AQ-164W to replace it
but found it a bit large and very hard to read both the analog and digital time.
I opened it up and carefully painted over the many dial inscriptions and added some
red to the hands which helped its' readability some but not enough to make me like it.
The glow dial didnt really work well enough to make it night readable either.

So I bought an AW80D-2AV and this little jewel has everything.
A bit smaller than the aforementioned two Casios- about 1/8" less in diameter and 1/16th
thinner so it is not nearly as clunky. It has a deep gunmetal blue face with an interesting
and subtle engine turned face appearance. The hands are luminous but there is no second hand.
You can read seconds on the digital display by pushing one button to switch from the day/date display.
There are 2 good lights at 3 and 9 to easily read the analog hands (but not the digital display).

The digital display is big and clear enough to read without glasses and today it got Leap year right!
The digital display can show 3 letter day with month and day (number) or hour/min/seconds
and these are selected with a single button push.
I have rarely had trouble reading the day and date even when it's covered by the slim minute hand.
The band is nonmagnetic - probably stainless, and very comfortable. It's fairly easy
to adjust with U shaped clips hidden within each link that push out from the underside
for link removal. The clasp has 4 holes on each side to engage a spring pin thus allowing
band length adjustment within 3/32" (much better than the other two which had only a
single hole and thus could only be adjusted by a full link width).

Comfortable, easy to read, nice looking and $19 ....what's not to like?
I think I'll order another one for a spare.

July 21 2013 My first watch began to fog up in very humid weather so
I switched to my spare- at $19 it's cheaper to replace
rather than repair it. I just ordered another one for a spare.
BTW- the band and case have held up well after a year and a half of pretty rough
daily service. I still like it a lot.
on January 30, 2014
Chinese nockoff
I smelled Chineese dung but I bought it anyway
we send our dollars to the billion that hate us
but we employ them in nuclear facilities and they spy on us !!!!
I smell Chineese junk...not the boat that floats but
the other stuff that we flush down the toilet.

I know that stuff floats too...junD-k is junk
but some stuff smells like AWDAV ( not Japanese )
on January 25, 2008
Functional but too fragile.
On the second day got two big scratches all of a sudden. I guess that's due to a cheap plastic glass. would recommend not to buy them.
on March 24, 2014
I've owned this watch for many years! Obviously it's never been a problem. The time, the day of the week and the day of the month are always available. Of course the time is based on the Denver National atomic clock and as such is ALWAYS correct. and it is easy to remove and put on. It's an old dependable, good looking Buddy!
on January 24, 2013
I loved the price, liked the looks, and was quite happy with this watch... for one year. Then the analog part of the watch stopped working properly. Such a shame. Other concerns (minor, considering the price): (1) the crystal surface scratches easily, as other reviewers point out, (2) It's quite a challenge to set the analog time; you actually need to use the manual(!); (3) the digital functions are similarly not intuitive (alarms, and so forth are a pain to use); (4) the band/bracely, which arrives large, takes quite an effort to make smaller. I'll go ahead and guess that Casio does better with purely digital watches.
on July 11, 2011
It has some interesting functions like Phone Book and stop watch, however, most of those functions are now can be replace by cell phone...
In addition, even though it claimed 10 year battery life, mine stopped working within a year. For the price of this watch is not even worth the money to replace the battery. I went ahead bought a Seiko instead.
on October 23, 2007
I was somewhat hesitant buying a watch online without seeing it in a store first. I looked at several stores and couldn t find the same watch.

The only thing I don t like is the crystal. It is on the top of the face area. In other words its easier to scratch atleast for me

There are so many things I do like about this watch though.
1. You can store telephone numbers i.e. ICE It is so easy, you just push a button and the number will scroll in front of your eyes.
2. The battery life is excellent.
3. It really does glow in the dark very brightly
4. It has a orange light which helps too.
5. It has 3 different alarms. alm1 - work, alm2 - church, alm3 - etc
6. It has world time including the U.S. time zones.
7. It has more features that I don't know what to do with.

Overall 5 stars. I did have a small problem trying to figure out how to set the time. Once I figured it out, it was my mistake of reading the directions wrong.
on October 9, 2011
Definitely wouldn't buy another.

Pros: Inexpensive. Good, strong band (I had to Google how to take a link out of it, but that's a minor thing). Very visible in the daylight.

Cons: I am disappointed with the dial. The light is inadequate for night-time reading of the digital display. Also, when time time is between about :25-:35 (any hour) then the minute-hand hangs in front of the digital display. I accidentally dropped it and it landed on a hinge where the band connected and broke off the piece (I glued it back with super-glue)... they cheaped-out with the design. One year later it is useless with a useless strap.

Bottom line: Although I use it constantly and, for the price, I am satisfied nevertheless I recommend giving this one a pass. Spend a little more money.
on October 6, 2012
very nice watch i would say blueish -purple more then blue but thats my opinion, i did have to take it to a jewler to get the wrist band adjusted a bit biger i have larger wrists and hands so it was tight to the point of cutting off circulation even at its bigest setting but its a nice watch works well, having it adjusted to fit was a minor point.