5.0 out of 5 stars AWGM100-1ACR
Published on August 23, 2012 by K. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars very nice but, flawed
I bought this watch because, I wanted a solar/atomic G-shock with an analog dial. The packaging and out of the box experience were great. It's well built and looks very nice. The immediate deal breaker was very simple.
Published 22 months ago by E. Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars AWGM100-1ACR, August 23, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR "Atomic G Shock" Watch (Watch)
Have had this watch about 2 weeks and it is working perfect. The watch updates every night first time at 12:04 AM. The watch will update 6 times a day if needed. All updates take place from 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM. Once it gets a update the watch will not update anymore that day. If the watch does not update, it will try up to 6 times till 5:00 AM. This is how all atomic watches work in the United States. The watch charges either by outside sun or inside lights. The AWGM100 is pretty easy to setup, I even have it set to chime every hour. The watch displays both digital and analog time, the best of both worlds. The watch wears great, and I forget I even have it on. The light seems to work good and I have no problem seeing the time at night with the push of a button. You can even set the light to auto and it will automatically come on with the turn of the wrist. The AWGM100 has 5 alarms and you can set it to see other times around the world. If you travel the updates can be set to receive anywhere in the world to the correct time. Once you set the watch to your time zone you will never have to do any thing to the watch again, it even changes back and forth from daylight savings time automatically. There is only one thing I can say about the AWGM100-1ACR "SWEET".

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, December 17, 2012
Mr Glenn Jones (Nanango, Queensland Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR "Atomic G Shock" Watch (Watch)
I was torn between this and the black version of the same watch. This one was nearly half the price of the black version and reviews indicated that the digital parts of the black version were difficult to read (which they are not on this version). I chose this one and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It looks great and is easy to set-up. I have never liked the watches with cluttered faces and this one is so simple. I set mine up with the date on one digital face, the day of the week on another, and of course the seconds on the other digital reading. That's all I need in a watch, as well as the analogue dial. I don't use at night so the light problem of possibly being difficult to read with the light (reported by some other reviewers) doesn't worry me. This watch looks classy for a g-shock and is near normal watch size, not massively bulky like some others. I went for the g-shock because I have broken 2 expensive watches in 2 weeks. I needed something that could take my lifestyle. A bonus was that it arrived in Australia in the fastest time any item has ever arrived. What a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR "Atomic G Shock" Watch (Watch)
I didn't purchase this watch online but in a store, being the compulsive shopper that I am. I paid the full retail price of 150.00 at a mall in town, but I have no regrets at all because this is a great watch!

I am fairly active, with hobbies that include surfing, biking and running and wanted a watch that could withstand constant immersion in water as well as occasional abuse from mountain biking. I have owned various G-Shocks in the past and was looking for one that was durable, classy in appearance, and wasn't too big in size. This definitely fit the bill.

Likes:
1)I like the feature where the hands of the watch will move out of the way if they obscure the lcd displays.
2)The volume of the alarm is what I have come to expect of a Casio watch so I have no issues with this.
3)This is my first atomic calibrated watch and have noticed that it will update at least every other day. I have never had an issue with Casio watches being out of excessive time calibration, so we shall see how this feature works out for me.
4)I like the countdown timer function and was surprised that it was lacking in other models of Casio watches.
5)I like the rating for 200 meters because of the water sport that I enjoy. I had an analog watch that was rated to 100 meters and moisture did get inside the crystal, which affected the luminescent hand of that watch.

The watch band does seem a little stiff and I do wonder about how it will hold up to the ocean water. I won't categorize this as a dislike, because only time will tell how it holds up.

Dislikes/room for improvement:
1)Like many of the previous comments stated, the light is useless for viewing the lcd displays at night but does aid in reading the time from the analog hands.
2)The lcd displays are a little on the small size for far sighted people with short arms like myself. I am having a "magnifier" installed on the watch crystal to fix this problem. The magnifier is a little glass "bubble" that will magnify only the lcd located at the 9 o'clock position (date position). I believe that a slightly bigger lcd display would remedy the situation. Of course, it is not fair to fault Casio for my inability to read small font without prescription glasses, but this is just an observation for those of you in the same boat as myself.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this watch and would recommend it to anyone. I believe that the sub $100.00 price tag makes this watch a definite must-have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch., January 5, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR "Atomic G Shock" Watch (Watch)
I love this watch. Only reason I didn't do 5 stars is because it can be a bit hard to read, especially in dim light, but my eyes aren't the best for reading small print anymore either. The light is not as bright as other illuminated watches I have had (Timex indiglo for instance). I do love the sync with the atomic clock that occurs nightly and the fact this is solar powered. I hate trying to figure out how to set the time on watches with all those little buttons and instructions and hate having to replace batteries. So, for lazy folks like me, those features are great. I prefer hands on my watches over digital and having these in two different colors is nice. But, digital data is there for other things (date, seconds, etc.). Very durable too. I have small wrists for a man and hate those watches with huge faces and giant dials sticking out of them. I am not a pilot or Navy seal and don't need a watch that looks like I am. This works great for my smaller wrist size and is very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the perfect watch, January 20, 2014
Wild Bill (Granbury, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR "Atomic G Shock" Watch (Watch)
I know, it is black with a resin band. But, it keeps perfect time by connecting with the atomic clock every night from anywhere in my bedroom and recharges its battery from the solar cells on the face of the watch from normal activity during the day. It feels light and is small enough to fit under the cuffs of shirts while being large enough to see clearly during the day. At night the led backlight is good enough to see the hour and minute hands but you would be pressed to see the digital information in the three "windows". All in all, you wear a watch to know the time and date at a glance without consulting your smart phone for everything. It does this function as well as any watch on the planet...maybe better than any of the other watches at any cost. It also has the additional features of timers and multiple alarms without being hard to read. Water proof and shock resistant and very sustainable without operator intervention. It is a 10 in my book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, September 26, 2012
Very easy to use.
1:Set your local time.(your time zone)
2:Receive atomic signal manually.
It's OK!

When you try to receive atomic signal at this watch.
It is better the watch are horizontally position.

4.0 out of 5 stars I've always been awatch wearer. I'm the type of, November 10, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR "Atomic G Shock" Watch (Watch)
I've always been a watch wearer. I'm the type of watch wearer that once I put it on, I will never take it off until it breaks.
From when I was young it was so. I'm also not gentle with them. What I mean is, I don't take note of the watch, it becomes a part of my wrist and it will be knocked against surfaces - like opening doors, showering, washing dishes, playing sports - I don't take it off and I don't try to evade contact because a watch is on my wrist.

Now with that said, I've been wearing this watch for months and it's holding up VERY nicely. I didn't take it off when doing any of the above. I also spent a month helping my dad renovate a store and wore it as I painted, hammered, and sawed wood.The watch is still working perfectly and no scratch on the face of it.

I also have to mention, that due to past issues with me having to get new watches: battery dies, it breaks, or not keep time. I also stopped wearing a watch for 7 years since the last one broke.
When I finally decided I should wear a watch again... I wanted a tough watch, I wanted to make sure not to have those issues again, mostly the battery running out.
So, I picked this watch with that in mind. It has the solar charging, which helps a lot. This also updates time every night so that it'll always keep time, not to mention auto daylight saving adjustment due to that time update feature. Waterproof... well water resistant enough to wash dishes and swim with. My parents do not use the dishwasher.

It is a great watch and Casio will always be my choice from now on. I even bought one (different model and design) for my dad's birthday. This little guy had worked well for me and I hope to wear it for many years to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars very nice but, flawed, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR "Atomic G Shock" Watch (Watch)
The backlight simply does not have enough output to read the dial at night or in a dark room. I guess I'm going to pay an additional hundred or so to get a model with the orange luminescent numbers and hands

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this dial... is it called a dial if it's digital?, March 14, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR "Atomic G Shock" Watch (Watch)
This watch is great! My brother has the same series, but I feel privileged with one that doesn't have analog mechanics and scared of dropping.
The screen is clear and easily read with no major flaws, besides as others commented the hands will block readouts. I laugh as I show off the timezone changes you can place and watch their faces as the hands start to go backwards feeling like time travel.
The wrist strap is extremely stiff, but flexible around your wrist. As the excess is being held by the band, it actually "locks" to the wrist strap with the groves on its underside.

So a great watch and can handle anything this warehouse can throw at it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool watch, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR "Atomic G Shock" Watch (Watch)
I love the styling of the watch. It is nicely loaded with features but not overcluttered or heavy at all. It arrived at medium charge & went to full charge within 3 hrs. in direct sunlight. It recieves the atomic time update at midnight with no problem except when I'm at work. I work Graveyard so it won't receive the update inside the building but it's OK. It still keeps accurate time. I can update it once a week at home when off work. I compared it to my atomic clock / weather station & it was exact to the second once it received its first update to PST. I think this is way cool. I don't know yet how well it will do in water. I don't dive but I do Windsurf & Kayak so it will get tested soon. I have high expectations since it is rated at 20 bar or 200 meters. It has the basic features I want such as date & day which I need at work. I like the automatic daylight savings. I also like that I don't have to replace a battery which would break the water proof seal. That bothered me about other watches in the past. I would have given it 5 star except that I do get a little bit of a glare from lights which sometimes I have to take a moment to carefully read what's in the digital format. This is a minor issue. Also if the hands are blocking the digital read out then they can be temporarily moved out of the way easily & return to normal position wen finished with digital functions. I think that is real cool. Like others that have mentioned, I downloaded the manual to my computer & it was not too difficult at all to do my settings from the instructions. It took me 1/2 hr. to customize my personal settings. I would reccomend the watch.

Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR "Atomic G Shock" Watch