5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money
Published 16 months ago by Mr Glenn Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars very nice but, flawed
I bought this watch because, I wanted a solar/atomic G-shock with an analog dial. The packaging and out of the box experience were great. It's well built and looks very nice. The immediate deal breaker was very simple.
Published 14 months ago by E. Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, December 17, 2012
Mr Glenn Jones (Nanango, Queensland Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's AWGM100-1ACR Tough Solar Power Multi-Band Atomic G Shock Watch (Watch)
I was torn between this and the black version of the same watch. This one was nearly half the price of the black version and reviews indicated that the digital parts of the black version were difficult to read (which they are not on this version). I chose this one and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It looks great and is easy to set-up. I have never liked the watches with cluttered faces and this one is so simple. I set mine up with the date on one digital face, the day of the week on another, and of course the seconds on the other digital reading. That's all I need in a watch, as well as the analogue dial. I don't use at night so the light problem of possibly being difficult to read with the light (reported by some other reviewers) doesn't worry me. This watch looks classy for a g-shock and is near normal watch size, not massively bulky like some others. I went for the g-shock because I have broken 2 expensive watches in 2 weeks. I needed something that could take my lifestyle. A bonus was that it arrived in Australia in the fastest time any item has ever arrived. What a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWGM100-1ACR, August 23, 2012
Have had this watch about 2 weeks and it is working perfect. The watch updates every night first time at 12:04 AM. The watch will update 6 times a day if needed. All updates take place from 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM. Once it gets a update the watch will not update anymore that day. If the watch does not update, it will try up to 6 times till 5:00 AM. This is how all atomic watches work in the United States. The watch charges either by outside sun or inside lights. The AWGM100 is pretty easy to setup, I even have it set to chime every hour. The watch displays both digital and analog time, the best of both worlds. The watch wears great, and I forget I even have it on. The light seems to work good and I have no problem seeing the time at night with the push of a button. You can even set the light to auto and it will automatically come on with the turn of the wrist. The AWGM100 has 5 alarms and you can set it to see other times around the world. If you travel the updates can be set to receive anywhere in the world to the correct time. Once you set the watch to your time zone you will never have to do any thing to the watch again, it even changes back and forth from daylight savings time automatically. There is only one thing I can say about the AWGM100-1ACR "SWEET".

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, September 26, 2012
Very easy to use.
1:Set your local time.(your time zone)
2:Receive atomic signal manually.
It's OK!

When you try to receive atomic signal at this watch.
It is better the watch are horizontally position.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, December 12, 2012
R. B. Ulrich (Lees Summit, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I have worn the watch for about a week and I love it. It is light weight, easy to configure and full of great features. Really like the auto backlight feature and ofcourse the solar power, atomic set and auto Daylight Savings Time features. I have owned several Casio watches and they have been bullet-proof. My last one was a divers style and I retired it after 14 years! Hope this one lasts as long!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, May 29, 2013
I didn't purchase this watch online but in a store, being the compulsive shopper that I am. I paid the full retail price of 150.00 at a mall in town, but I have no regrets at all because this is a great watch!

I am fairly active, with hobbies that include surfing, biking and running and wanted a watch that could withstand constant immersion in water as well as occasional abuse from mountain biking. I have owned various G-Shocks in the past and was looking for one that was durable, classy in appearance, and wasn't too big in size. This definitely fit the bill.

Likes:
1)I like the feature where the hands of the watch will move out of the way if they obscure the lcd displays.
2)The volume of the alarm is what I have come to expect of a Casio watch so I have no issues with this.
3)This is my first atomic calibrated watch and have noticed that it will update at least every other day. I have never had an issue with Casio watches being out of excessive time calibration, so we shall see how this feature works out for me.
4)I like the countdown timer function and was surprised that it was lacking in other models of Casio watches.
5)I like the rating for 200 meters because of the water sport that I enjoy. I had an analog watch that was rated to 100 meters and moisture did get inside the crystal, which affected the luminescent hand of that watch.

The watch band does seem a little stiff and I do wonder about how it will hold up to the ocean water. I won't categorize this as a dislike, because only time will tell how it holds up.

Dislikes/room for improvement:
1)Like many of the previous comments stated, the light is useless for viewing the lcd displays at night but does aid in reading the time from the analog hands.
2)The lcd displays are a little on the small size for far sighted people with short arms like myself. I am having a "magnifier" installed on the watch crystal to fix this problem. The magnifier is a little glass "bubble" that will magnify only the lcd located at the 9 o'clock position (date position). I believe that a slightly bigger lcd display would remedy the situation. Of course, it is not fair to fault Casio for my inability to read small font without prescription glasses, but this is just an observation for those of you in the same boat as myself.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this watch and would recommend it to anyone. I believe that the sub $100.00 price tag makes this watch a definite must-have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool watch, December 25, 2012
I love the styling of the watch. It is nicely loaded with features but not overcluttered or heavy at all. It arrived at medium charge & went to full charge within 3 hrs. in direct sunlight. It recieves the atomic time update at midnight with no problem except when I'm at work. I work Graveyard so it won't receive the update inside the building but it's OK. It still keeps accurate time. I can update it once a week at home when off work. I compared it to my atomic clock / weather station & it was exact to the second once it received its first update to PST. I think this is way cool. I don't know yet how well it will do in water. I don't dive but I do Windsurf & Kayak so it will get tested soon. I have high expectations since it is rated at 20 bar or 200 meters. It has the basic features I want such as date & day which I need at work. I like the automatic daylight savings. I also like that I don't have to replace a battery which would break the water proof seal. That bothered me about other watches in the past. I would have given it 5 star except that I do get a little bit of a glare from lights which sometimes I have to take a moment to carefully read what's in the digital format. This is a minor issue. Also if the hands are blocking the digital read out then they can be temporarily moved out of the way easily & return to normal position wen finished with digital functions. I think that is real cool. Like others that have mentioned, I downloaded the manual to my computer & it was not too difficult at all to do my settings from the instructions. It took me 1/2 hr. to customize my personal settings. I would reccomend the watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars very nice but, flawed, January 26, 2013
The backlight simply does not have enough output to read the dial at night or in a dark room. I guess I'm going to pay an additional hundred or so to get a model with the orange luminescent numbers and hands

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, accurate watch!, February 20, 2014
Cody Patton (Albuquerque, NM USA) - See all my reviews
My previous watch before this one was a $2K Omega Seamaster (that I regrettably had to sell), so I wasn't sure if I'd be happy with a watch in this price-range. While it doesn't (obviously) stack up to the Omega, this is a great watch! It is well made, durable (so far) and full of features.

I've always liked G-Shock watches, but have mostly found them to be much too large for my tastes. This one, however, is just about the perfect size for me, and I have about an average size wrist. It has all the usual G-Shock features and modes, with the addition of being solar powered and Atomic (which makes it as accurate as a smartphone or PC). I also really like the way it looks (much better in person by the way!).

As for some of the negative reviews about the sub-dials being difficult to read, I don't have that problem at all in normal light or daylight (I do have 20/20 vision for what it's worth), and while the little orange light isn't perfect, it is functional for telling time in dark conditions. I also haven't had any issues with the crystal fogging, although I haven't taken it swimming, just exposed it to rain, done dishes etc. so I'm not sure if that will hold true.

Overall, I really like this Casio and would definitely recommend it in its price range, or for anyone looking for this style of watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the perfect watch, January 20, 2014
Wild Bill (Granbury, TX) - See all my reviews
I know, it is black with a resin band. But, it keeps perfect time by connecting with the atomic clock every night from anywhere in my bedroom and recharges its battery from the solar cells on the face of the watch from normal activity during the day. It feels light and is small enough to fit under the cuffs of shirts while being large enough to see clearly during the day. At night the led backlight is good enough to see the hour and minute hands but you would be pressed to see the digital information in the three "windows". All in all, you wear a watch to know the time and date at a glance without consulting your smart phone for everything. It does this function as well as any watch on the planet...maybe better than any of the other watches at any cost. It also has the additional features of timers and multiple alarms without being hard to read. Water proof and shock resistant and very sustainable without operator intervention. It is a 10 in my book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch., January 5, 2014
I love this watch. Only reason I didn't do 5 stars is because it can be a bit hard to read, especially in dim light, but my eyes aren't the best for reading small print anymore either. The light is not as bright as other illuminated watches I have had (Timex indiglo for instance). I do love the sync with the atomic clock that occurs nightly and the fact this is solar powered. I hate trying to figure out how to set the time on watches with all those little buttons and instructions and hate having to replace batteries. So, for lazy folks like me, those features are great. I prefer hands on my watches over digital and having these in two different colors is nice. But, digital data is there for other things (date, seconds, etc.). Very durable too. I have small wrists for a man and hate those watches with huge faces and giant dials sticking out of them. I am not a pilot or Navy seal and don't need a watch that looks like I am. This works great for my smaller wrist size and is very comfortable.

ARRAY(0x9ff231d4)