Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

• Customer Reviews

on September 10, 2007
I have had 3 of these watches over the years, but I finaly gave up on them. I LOVE the look, but they have 3 big drawbacks, First off, no light. The glow paint on the watch is pretty dim. Second, it goes through batteries pretty quick. When the battery gets low the hands stop moving but the digital part still works. First time that happened I thought the watch had malfunctioned. Third, the band comes off the watch! The pin that holds it on isn't robust enough. That is why my last one is on the bottom of the river right now.
66 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2006
This model has been out for a long time. I like the look of the black more then the white or gold. The reason the watch loses one star is because the band. It looks great, but the rubber will wear out and break in about a year. The replacement band that Casio offers looks close the orginal, but not exactly the same. I lost one of these, and another was stolen. So the fact that I am on my third is a statement to how much I love this watch. I have been wearing it since about 1993.
on November 12, 2008
I bought this watch back when it was a new design, about 18 years ago for $128. It has never let me down, never broken, on it's third (or fourth) battery and about that many straps. I've traveled the planet, dived in three oceans with it, it has gone through multiple crashes, been dropped off the roof of a three story building, years of flying and constant pressure changes, all the banging of using it during Habitat Builds, showers, skiing and still my clients who are "serious" watch collectors ask about it because they like the style (I use a Kevlar Band which dresses it up a little). If I told them it was a Brietling, they'd be impressed.

Now I buy these for Missionaries on the edges of civilization in Africa and the Philippines. They have the same thoughts as I do about this tough, yet elegant line of watches.

You can't do any better for the money. My wife keeps trying to buy me a watch - but I'm attached this this thing and it is tougher than a hammer.
on July 2, 2007
I agree with the other reviewer who said you would need to find a vintage dive watch to find one this big. The watch has a nice, large casing and an easy-to-read face for those of us who have a hard time seeing things that are near. I've had mine for a month now and it has not lost a second. The digital display is a little small, but I don't use it much anyway and will probably only do so on the rare occasion that I need to set an alarm.

For the price, you can't beat this watch. It is water resistant and appears to be a real workhorse though replacing the band may be a challenge each year (also mentioned by another reviewer). For what it does, this watch is better and cheaper than anything out there.
on December 26, 2012
Well, I've changing my opinion. Within the last few months this watch intermittently stops, then restarts for no apparent reason. Certainly the battery should last longer than 1 year, although I had it replaced anyway - no help. Plus, the problem only appears from time-to-time. I'm changing my opinion and review.

Original review . . . . Great value, rugged and stylish. Have owned the gold face equivalent for 10 years. Beat it to death scuba diving, working on my cars and around the house - never a problem. Only complaint is the band - can't seem to find a replacement of the same quality as the original at most common retailers, so order an extra or two w/the watch.
on February 2, 2011
I've had this watch (Gold Face) since June 2000. I've had to replace batteries 3 times and the band once. I have had many watches in my life.A gold Seiko self winder in the 60s,a Titus Dive watch,A citizen and Seiko dive watch in the late 70's and early 80's and a TAG watch. Every one of the watches listed above have fogged due to water finding a way into them except this one and the Seiko Gold self Winder(never took it in the water because it was not water resistant)This is a great watch,well worth the money.I am here looking to replace another band.would like a metal one.If anyone here has any recommendations I would appreciate it.
on March 4, 2007
I bought my first Casio Divers Watch in 1999 to use in my job as a police ofcr working road patrol. This watch is super tough. I liked the idea of the large easy to read analog dial, and the smaller digital readout that I set to military time as that is what is used for work.

The crystal is pretty good at minimizing scratches. Battery replacement is a little less than two years. Super dependable watch, and tough. Mine have gone through fights, and monthly firearms practice. I never had a single hiccup from any of the two I've worn for work. The watchband does seem to breakdown quickly and will develop cracks and then tear. However, I just replace it with a generic black leather one at a nominal cost.

I'm ordering two more, and am so glad they are still being produced.
on February 7, 2012
This is an EDIT to the review of my OLD Casio (below) that I recently decided to retire. Unfortunately after only 3 months, the ANALOG portion of the NEW CASIO AMW320R-1EV has been losing time. Only a couple of minutes at first, and then last evening 20 minutes. The DIGITAL portion keeps perfect time, so the problem's something to do with the portion that translates the electronic time to the mechanical movement that moves the hands. I did some online research, and this is apparently a COMMON problem, with people reporting that even after sending $15 to return their watch under warranty(and have sent back), the problem re-appears a few months later. One poster said he' had THREE fail the same way so far. I am now wearing my 20 year old Casio again, and while it gains a minute (digital and analog) every several weeks, at least it's reliable. I edited my "5 STAR" rating (true for my OLD Casio) down to TWO for this one, and can no longer recommend it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've owned mine for almost 20 years now, and used it to "replace" a Bulova Accutron Astronaut model I'd had since 1965, but which at over $1000 collector value has gotten too expensive for me to wear "comfortably."

The Casio has been flawless, and while the flexible band won't last forever, it can easily be replaced by the Casio stainless brand one made for this model (wide), or a generic as I used on mine. I wore mine in my job as an airline pilot, so the watch was exposed to years of exceptionally dry air in the pressurized cabin, which was probably hard on the vinyl band, I think, though I much prefer the stainless one I installed anyway.

Just recently the 20 yr old watch watch has started gaining about a minute every several weeks, and the stop watch portion is now intermittent, so I've decided to buy a replacement. I paid about $35 for my first one, and at $47, it seems a bargain still.

I sure can't complain much, and my sole complaint, if you can call it that, is that the luminous hands are not terrible long lived.

I also wish the face on the current model were exactly like the old one (9, 12, and 3 o'clock were large, bold numbers, digital window was curved, and the hands were a tad longer), but few things in life stay exactly the same forever.
on May 23, 2012
Bought watch October 16th, 2011. Noticed it was losing time on the analog portion, but digital time remained correct. Finally sent it in for warranty - whicch I paid shipping to send it, plus had to pay $9.95 for shipping and handling to get it back. Now 3 months after getting it back it is doing the same thing again! I have had great success with Casio digital watches, but this analog/digital watch has been frustrating.
on November 1, 2011
This watch was exactly what I was looking for: a waterproof casual weekend watch that wouldn't break the bank. I've been wearing it on and off for three months and find it comfortable and easily readable....however it doesn't work.

Quite frequently the analog portion seems to stop...just stop. I reset it to current time and it will work for a while, but then it will simply stop again.

The digital clock in the center of the dial keeps great time, but not as visible. I'm pretty disappointed as I've bought junky sports watches on eBay that have worked for years and kept great time.