5.0 out of 5 stars Great looks, great color, not bad price
Published on November 22, 2012 by K. Shin

3.0 out of 5 stars Color not as expected
I returned the watch because the color was not to my liking. The reviews of the color of the watch were mixed so I gave it a shot and ordered it hoping I would be one of the customers that loved the color. I expected the watch to be a rose gold color, but it was more of a copper color and it wasn't flattering on my skin tone or with any if my jewelry.
Published 5 months ago by Tiki

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looks, great color, not bad price, November 22, 2012
The "B640W" series is not too well known, perhaps b/c they are relatively new. It's a line of retro-esque Casio watches added to the collection around March 2012. There are different colors available (google "Casio B640" and you'll see the lineup) and not all colors are available in all regions of the world. I have the black on black version w/ negative display (it looks amazing btw) and the official model name is "B640WB-1BJF" (tho the back plate just says B640W), which is the Japanese model name (I got it in Japan) but the same watch in Europe is "B640WB-1BEF"... notice the difference in the "J" and "E" in the model name to denote region.

The description of this particular model, B640WC-5A, says "Men's Bronze Rose Digital Retro Stainless Steel Watch"... I question the "Men's" part (I'm a dude) b/c I don't think I would personally wear this colored watch but I can see hipsters sporting it. It's really a beautiful color not seen in other Casio watches and the description of bronze/rose is correct. I think this watch would be more popular among the female fashionista crowd... and I will say, when my stylistic female friends saw pictures of this, they fell in love with the color. With their backing, I was confident enough to pick up 2 of the bronze/rose ones for my sisters as Christmas gifts. Unlike the black version, this color IS available in the US. I paid around $35, which is about half the price of what I paid for the black/black one in Japan. It's not as cheap as the ever-popular A158/A168/A178 silver versions but the price is right in line with the gold A168 (which used to be readily avail for less than $25, then climbed up to $35, and now north of $50...sigh...)and since I think the bronze/rose color is a "special" color, I think $35 is justified. Actually it's not a bad price. Also, unlike A158/A168/A178, it looks and feels more expensive and you certainly won't be finding them at your local Walmart/Target like you do with A158/A168. B640W is also available in the standard silver version (B640WD-1A) but IMO, looks rather bland and doesn't differentiate itself enough from A158/A168. Definitely stick with the special colored versions if you can find them.

As with many other retro Casio watches, the band is stainless steel (good) but the watch housing is plastic (bad). Oh well, I don't think we'll be seeing all stainless retro watches of the vintage 80s originals anytime soon.

Word is that the watch functionality itself is exactly the same as the venerable and iconic G-Shock DW-5600. I like that while in stopwatch and timer mode, you can actually see the time of day in the top right corner. What is missing that I would have liked is dual time. A178 has it and I love it. Wish all watches had world time or at least dual time. One thing I noticed was that the watch face and the housing's plastic is easy to scratch. I have A168 and A178 and the watch face remains scratchless. I now have 2 small scratches on the B640W watch face and I don't know where they came from. Hmmmm....

If you're interested in the B640W, go ahead and pick one up now. I'm not sure whether this is a permanent collection or a limited release. I would guess the latter.

[Update] There seems to be some questions about the size of this watch. If you're are guy and used to "guy's" watches, it may feel small at first. This watch is about the same size as other retro-styled, long-running, Casio watches such as A158 and A168.

[Update2, 4/2013] As suspected, looks like B640W is sadly no longer avail for sale in the US. A browse thru the Casio US webpage no longer displays the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Ultimate Nurse Watch! Stylish, functional, durable., December 9, 2013
I am a nurse and am very picky about my watch. My laundry list of musts: waterproof/ resistant, durable, sanitizable, have the day of the week, month and day, show seconds, have a light, 24 hour clock ("military time") and affordable. And cute would be nice too but definitely an afterthought. This watch is all of that! Perfection! I have gotten so many compliments too thanks to the retro styling and the unique rose gold tone. Only had it for a month so I will need to update but so far, so good and my previous Casio watch was the most durable watch I have ever owned.

I have bought multiple timex watches in my 3 yr nursing career and have had so many issues. The metal band ones that were "water resistant" both got water in them and stopped working. The sporty-rubbery ones (all three) the band eventually snapped at the point of the fastener due to frequent bending and the styles now (with the band and watch face all one piece) don't allow for band replacement. The Velcro-type styles and leather cannot be sanitized with alcohol- gross! And none of them were as cute as my new Casio.

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice, December 20, 2012
it was bought as a gift, and it turned out to be a success. Great watch, and looks stylish. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, May 12, 2014
This review is from: Casio B640WC-5AEF Ladies Retro Digital Watch (Watch)
I just received my watch and I'm completely in love with it! Besides the fact that it got here incredibly fast (before the estimated ship date) I love the watch! I love the color the texture it's features are so much more worth this incredible price. If you're thinking about purchasing this watch buy it! American apparel actually has it for 70$ you can't go wrong with Amazon! Thank you watchronics! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for a gift!, April 28, 2013
Affordalble, Durable and Fashionable! My wife has one, Sister has one and gave another to a niece and Step sister! perfect for gift giving!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect WATCH!, June 8, 2014
This review is from: Casio B640WC-5AEF Ladies Retro Digital Watch (Watch)
Nice digital watches are hard to find for women unless you want a plastic one but this one is just what I was looking for. It has everything on it I wanted plus more. I wasn't absolutely sure about the color or size but when it arrived it was perfect for me. Really pretty color!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Casio B640WC-5AEF Ladies Retro Digital Watch (Watch)
awesome. came right on time and the watch is beautiful. I wouldn't call it a true rose gold though. if you compare it to the rose gold michael kors watch, this is definitely a bronze, or a copper color, rather than rose gold. but it's still beautiful though. I chose this color so I could mix and match with both silver and gold jewelry so I wouldn't have to be so limited. this is perfect for that and looks great alone too of course. 100% recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars NICE WATCH, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Casio B640WC-5AEF Ladies Retro Digital Watch (Watch)
Hard to find all digital ladies watch. But the color is kind of brass and not all attractive. Clasp is a little hard to work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Basic Timepiece with a Touch of Class, November 28, 2013
Make no mistake, this is a VERY basic Casio watch. However, it does what it's suppose to do, tell time, and it does it fashionably well at a very affordable price. Good watch for day to day use and inexpensive enough to be completely replaceable

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it - on trend., December 25, 2014
This review is from: Casio B640WC-5AEF Ladies Retro Digital Watch (Watch)
I love the other Casio digital watches, and I wear one every day. I am a busy mom of a toddler that works from home, and I appreciate the timer, date, and stopwatch functionality. I would give this watch 5 stars, but the customizable countdown timer takes longer to set than the other Casio timers that have quick-select settings for 1-3-5-10-15-20-and-30 minutes. The copper color is right on trend - the band is great. The metallic-colored resin case is decidedly retro 1980s/90s, but it's part of the overall style. I love this thing, and I bet I'll be wearing it until it dies.

Casio B640WC-5AEF Ladies Retro Digital Watch