4.0 out of 5 stars A Badass Looking Watch for the Lady Folk
Published on November 1, 2012 by I am so smart...S-M-R-T

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch just too small for me
Nice watch just too small for me. IF you have small hands or are a woman this just might be the watch for you.
Published 2 months ago by R. Perez

4.0 out of 5 stars A Badass Looking Watch for the Lady Folk, November 1, 2012
This review is from: Casio Women's BGD140-1ACR Baby-G Shock Resistant Multi-Function Digital Watch (Watch)
I'll admit that I've always wanted a black-face watch because I saw my male counterparts with them and thought they looked wicked cool. On top of this, I'm a major time-freak and -- although I've been pretty fine with the $5 watches from Walmart -- I really wanted to finally buy something that looked durable and was made well. I'm not gentle with the stuff I own, and I wanted to finally get a watch I knew wouldn't deteriorate after six months of use (Walmart watches fall apart like clockwork -- literally).

I imagine I'll be editing this review as I get more comfortable with the Baby G. This being said, I ordered the watch four days ago and was blown away by how fast it got to me. Looks great, and the instructions to get it set-up were pretty straight forward.

In regards to wear and appearance and other stuff like functions:
1: The watch band is a bit stiff right now, but I imagine that will begin to go away the more it's worn. (re: update, yes! Does become less stiff with time).
2: My biggest concern when I bought this was that it would like oversized and manly on my wrist. Much to my happiness, it is a good lady's watch. The face isn't too big, and the band isn't too obtrusive. It looks like a solid women's athletic watch without becoming Spec-Ops bulky in size.
3: The Baby-G has an awesome countdown stopwatch feature that I think I'm going to love: Set up the buttons the right way, and it actually gives you a five-second countdown to starting the stopwatch, with the last three seconds beeping an alarm at you before zero.

UPDATE:

Still good watch. Still would buy again. But with some minor grievances to be noted.

1: As I ski and work up in the mountains, I tend to operate in some nippy temperatures. I've noticed that once I'm in an environment where the temperature is less than 10degrees F, the face of the watch starts to fog up. To me, this is an indication that somewhere in that neat little watch there is a little bit of moisture that has leaked in. Whether it be from me swimming every other day or from a little crack that has yet to reveal itself, I do not like this.
2: This is more of a whiner design thing than anything else: I really wish that while I was in stopwatch mode, I could still see the time. I used to have a TIMEX digital and one of my favorite perks of the watch was while in stopwatch mode, I could still see the actual time in the upper left hand corner. Unfortunately, the little Baby G does not do this.
3: Yes, it is hard to see the face in bright conditions. It is even harder with sunglasses. Not a big complaint, but definitely an observation. You will have to bump the light-up button to see the time occasionally.

Overall, I have bumped my rating down one star because I am concerned about the fact the face fogs up in colder temps. Otherwise, still a great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Tough :), January 23, 2013
Once i got it, i did a few tests
-Really is water proof!
-System of alarm is easy to understand
-My pencil cracked o.o
-Looks great
-Don't seem to have any problems with it

-Month 1-
i recommend placing it on your OPPOSITE hand that you normally use,
the functions of this watch is pretty nice after getting used to it,
it can set up to 2 alarms and 1 snooze as well as a timer,
You can adjust how long it BEEP by intervals of .5 sec each beep.

-Month 2-
After a few months of using this product
my judgement on this watch as remained the same,
The watch may be hard to wear at first
but my hand has abject and by the time i know it,
i didn't even realize i was sleeping with it

-Month 3-
The colors of the watch remain the same,
rich black in every corner of the watch,
There is no sign of any cons as of right now

-Month 4-
Looks good and great,
No sign of scratches nor rust

Seems like the purchase of this item is worth,
in terms of money and wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch!!!, May 11, 2013
I absolutely love this watch! I love the black face on the black band...very stylish. I debated over getting the analog ultraviolet style but since I'm a police officer, needed a digital watch for work. This watch is both durable enough for daily wear at work and stylish enough to wear out at night. And for less than $100 it's hard to find something I can wear for almost every occasion that can tolerate daily abuse. This is the second Baby G watch I purchased on Amazon. I have the gray whale watch that has held up almost two years of daily use. I wanted a black one for change. The price isn't that much cheaper than in a store but most stores don't have a big selection.

4.0 out of 5 stars great watch!, April 19, 2013
I really like this watch! My only complaint is that it is difficult to read the time in bright light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what i was expecting to get! ; ), January 17, 2013
Just to be perfect i would have like it with a smaller face. But still love it! ; ) get yours!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, January 16, 2013
Wife needed a sports watch. Great look not bulky at all. Very duriable and stylish. Many functions, and she loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the Instructions, May 4, 2013
Once you read the instructions, and look around it a little bit, it's easy enough to set and figure out. Nice quality. Hopefully will last a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Women's BGD140-1ACR, March 24, 2013
es un excelente reloj. el tamaño y el color lo hacen ver muy discreto y sin embargo es muy bonito

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 22, 2013
I love the ease of use and the functions. The direction guide is spot on when read from beginning to end minus Spanish. Hopefully it is as durable as the last one!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
Perfect for nursing school!