- AHL sound source (Acoustic & Highly-compressed Large-waveform): All built-in tones, including piano and acoustic instrument tones, now sound better than ever before! 48-tone maximum polyphony provides plenty of margin to minimize the chance of notes being dropped when tones are layered and when playing with Auto Accompaniment.
- Piano-style keyboard: An easy-to-play keyboard with an appearance resembling that of an acoustic piano.
- Digital effects: Use effects to add reverb for more depth and breadth in your music.
- Step Up Lesson: Pieces are divided into short, easy-to-master phrases making it easy for just about anyone to learn to play. After you master a phrase you advance to the next one. With this new lesson function, you keep building up your collection of mastered phrases and soon you are able to play the entire song.
- Scoring system: Your lesson score appears on the display screen.
- Voice fingering guide: If the keyboard senses you are having problems, it will help you by calling out finger numbers in a simulated human voice.
- Metronome for lesson support
- Sampling function: Sample a sound and you can play it on the keyboard! You can create sound effects for a party or other events, or use sounds to compose music (1 sound; 1-second sampling time). The potential for fun is virtually unlimited!
- Audio-in jack: Connect a digital audio player, CD player, or other audio device and you can play along with music played through the keyboard's speakers.
- Wide selection of tones (400 high-quality tones) supports play of songs from various genres.
- 150 rhythms and auto accompaniments for Latin music and other styles from around the world. In addition to Bossa Nova, Samba, and other basic rhythms, you also get Cumbia, Reggaeton, Calypso, and more USB port for computer connection
- General MIDI (GM Level 1) support allows connection with a computer or another GM-compatible device
- Keyboard: 61 standard-size keys
- Key Light System: Up to 4 keys can be lit at the same time
- Maximum Polyphony: 48 notes (24 for certain tones)
- Effects: 10 types
- Reverb: 1 to 10, Off
- Metronome: beats per measure -- 0,2 to 6; tempo range -- 30 to 255
- Step Up Lesson:
- Lessons: 4 (Listen, Watch, Remember, Auto)
- Lesson Part: L, R, LR
- Functions: Repeat, Voice Fingering Guide, Note Guide.
- Music Challenge: 20 notes
- Auto Accompaniment: Rhythm Patterns -- 150; One Touch Presets -- 150
- Musical Information Function: Tone, Rhythm, Song Bank, numbers and names; staff notation, fingering, pedal operation, tempo, measure and beat number, chord name, etc.
- USB port: Yes
- Sustain jack: Standard jack (sustain, sostenuto, soft, rhythm start/stop)
- Phones/Output jack: Stereo standard jack
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohm, Output Voltage: 4.8 V (RMS) MAX
- Audio In jack: Stereo mini jack
- Input Impedance: 40 kOhm, Input Sensitivity: 200 mV
- Mic In jack: Standard jack
- Batteries: 6 AA batteries
The 61-key Casio CTK-2100 portable keyboard makes it easy to learn to play the piano (see larger version of keyboard plus a detail of the keyboard controls.