5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Amazing!
I just got this keyboard and playing for the first time felt and sounded outstanding. It sounds so much nicer than my upright piano (granted, it hasnt been tuned in quite some time.)
It's a little confusing to figure a few things out at first, but the instructions book really helped me.
This thing has 600 different tones and they all sound great!
I'd...
Published on December 26, 2011 by kylebound

3.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard is awesome, stand is awful
I would give 5 stars for this keyboard, but the stand is awful. My cat ran and brushed past the stand today and the whole stand and keyboard came crashing down. I blame the cat, but I do feel it could have been a sturdier stand as well. I will be throwing the keyboard out now because when it fell the socket where the cord inserts into the back of the keyboard is cracked...
Published 10 months ago by Proud Mom

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Amazing!, December 26, 2011
This review is from: Casio CTK-4200 Premium Keyboard Pack with Headphones, Power Supply and Stand (Electronics)
This thing has 600 different tones and they all sound great!
I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a portable keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic purchase!, February 2, 2012
Randall K. Jones (Jacksonville, NC, US) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Casio CTK-4200 keyboard for my 11 year old daughter's birthday and could not be happier about the whole purchasing process from Amazon. First, the other reviews regarding the Casio (CTK-4200) keyboard are spot on, period. This a great keyboard for both beginners and intermediate musicians. I am very pleased with the entire package and would highly recommend to any parent out there looking for a starter keyboard for their kids. The features are too many to describe....just read the product description, it's very accurate. Secondly, I ordered the keyboard package on Monday and received it on Wednesday (awesome shipping service). Keyboard and accessories arrived well packaged and in great condition. No complaints at all. Lastly, with shopping experience like this, Amazon is the only way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, January 22, 2012
This Keyboard is absolutely amazing! The packaging the keyboard came in was in great condition, and everything that came with it works perfectly. Nothing was missing. It comes with built in songs (several) that teaches you how to play on the screen of the keyboard, but the keys don't light up. At least i haven't seen or found in the book that says it does. Several Tones are built in as well and the sound quality is reaaaally good. I recommend this to any beginner or experienced player. I am a beginner myself and it was very easy for me to figure out how to work with the keyboard. Somethings I did have to look up in the guide book, but the book is easy to follow. This Keyboard is great and i can't wait to really start playing. I am definately a VERY happy customer!

5.0 out of 5 stars just got it today, September 24, 2013
the sound of this is really really great. I had a nord lead 2, had to sell it for cash. while that was sad, I strangely find this more satisfying than that one. while the nord had stellar synth sounds, I didn't have "normal" sounds, like piano, and vibes, and what have you. this has that. I had a 1200 dollar synth that couldn't record onto it!!! this has that, plus a sampler built in, plus an input jack so I can run my guitar/bass into it, as I said before, the sound for the price is really good, and I haven't made my way to the neat sounds yet like the synth and non-traditional sounds. I would recommend this for ANYONE that wants a keyboard to record with and I haven't even gotten into the learning programs built in. this has songs to play along with to learn, while cheesy, I will do from time to time to get better, plus it has chord diagrams to look up! that alone is amazing even if you don't use the learning stuff. that said, I can't wait to start to use this bad boy and get some stuff recorded and online for people to dig. plus, I have a mediocre effects unit and can't WAIT to run this through some effects. piano bathed in extra reverb is the best thing ever.

UPDATE: it's been a few months now and I've used and recorded with this "bad boy". the only gripe I can say is something you'll find with any synth/keyboard under I don't know 1000 dollars. the problem is no control over sustain/decay of sound. with the sustain pedal (like the piano pedal) the sound will just hold and not go away, which makes the sound crazy and muddy real quick. the piano and other sounds just get a softer sound, not a real sustain. I am more shocked there aren't any ADJUSTABLE sustain pedals. can't believe no one has thought of that, boggles the mind. that said, the sound is good, the drum sounds are cool, haven't even sampled with it still, as I have a digitech jamman pedal I use to loop sounds when I practice/record, that's fun, cause I can loop the keyboard onto itself instantly. the digitech jamman is a pedal worth getting for any instrument you play. this keyboard is nice and for the price it is a steal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard! Stand sucks., November 30, 2012
The keyboard is fantastic by itself, the keys are just sturdy like real piano keys, and the simulated pressure is very enjoyable to use!
Only thing that I'm not happy with is the cheap stand it came with, the metal is so soft that I couldn't unscrew the bolts. It's sitting in my garage right now and I've no idea what to do with it pfft

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter keyboard, August 8, 2012
Great product!!! My 7 year old just started taking piano lessons and before we jumped into something expensive we decided to try this keyboard. Worth every penny. 61 full size keys is perfect for her, it has lots of options. So far we've been sticking with the basics. The stand and the headphones work great! Definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!!, January 4, 2012
I got lucky and was able to pick this up right before they raised the price on it. It's still a great deal though taking that its 199 by itself from casio. Its sounds great when using speakers and the headphones that comes with it. the Stand is easy to set up. all you have to do is unscrew and screw screws with a tool that comes with the stand. Haven't learned all the features yet. The power adapter is a casio as well and works perfectly. Just got it today but i've been playing it for about an hour. Great gob by Casio on the Piano and great job with the package. absolute 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Keyboard w/headphones,/stand, May 6, 2012
The Casio is a perfect replacement for my little Casio that I have retired after 30 years! The sound is wonderful and there are so many options that I surely will never learn how to use them all. The instrument is also simple enough that my 8 year old grandson can practice his piano lessons on it. A wise investment for practice or for serious music lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beginner keyboard, January 11, 2014
We bought this for our grandson (10 yrs. old) at Christmas, and he was very happy with it! It's a serious keyboard, not a toy, with good size, feel, and features. He's just starting out, so this is a great way to get him into it without getting too deep. The package we bought came with headphones (fairly good quality, and a must for practice) and a stand, with is absolutely necessary to keep it off the floor, and gives it a more "real instrument" feel, rather than sitting on the dining room table...
This thing is loaded with features, most of which I'm not very familiar with, but it does have a teaching program onboard, it is velocity-sensitive (brush the key for softer playing, really hit it for that Count Basie "splank"), and there are numerous rhythm loops and programmable key sounds to give a lot of room for growth as you improve.
I would recommend this for beginners, or for an advanced player if you've got a lesser keyboard, like some of the incorporated features, or want a more portable kit for gigging - it even runs on batteries!

4.0 out of 5 stars Instructions, December 31, 2013
I find the instruction manual to be confusing in many areas. I have called Customer Support twice for clarifications. On the last occasion, they promised to call me back the next day with the answer to my question. I am still waiting for the call.