5.0 out of 5 stars I am enjoying this phone
I have had my Commando for several days now, and really enjoy it. I am new to android and smartphones. I have an iPad, so I have experience with Apple. I wanted something different than an iPhone. I was doing a ton of research on the latest and greatest phones. When this phone came out I was intrigued by the toughness. I hunt, fish, hike, camp, and spend a lot of...
Published on May 15, 2011 by Dpsammy

3.0 out of 5 stars In Depth Review
The Casio Commando is rugged and stylish considering it's designed to take a beating. I work construction and mow acres of lawn every week. I need a phone that works as hard as I do and can take any abuse I can throw at it. The Casio Commando is up to the task. However, toughness may be its only real attribute.

This phone is 'supposed' to attract the outdoor...
Published on June 14, 2011 by Mistercommunication

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Cool Phone, August 24, 2011
This review is from: Casio G'zOne Commando Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
If you are like me and just tend to be rough on things around you (especially technology) then this is the phone for you. I mean being able to go under water ? Dropping it from 5 feet to the floor? Come on, now that's just freaking awesome when what your talking about is your phone! The camera and video quality is good for your phone 5mb, and the android user interface is super user friendly. If you are having any doubts about this phone, don't, its freaking awesome.

This phone also comes with some pretty cool custom apps exclusive only to this phone, so if your an outdoorsy person like me you will get a kick out of these apps!

The only thing I would recommend is upgrading the 8gigabit mini sd card to a 32gigabit mini sd card. Other then that though, I have to say I love my new phone!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars About time..., May 17, 2011
2nd Review...When I first reviewed the commando I was super excited. Not anymore. I am on my second commando and its failing. The first phone failed after swimming with it and the speaker went out. Then I dropped the 2nd phone onto concrete and the lens broke. I had it fixed by a third party for $129 but it hasnt been the same since. Button after button breaks down. Its not nearly tough as the 1st Gen Gz-zone phone of mine. Plus the Android is a pain if you are a mac user.

1st review.. I have been waiting for a rugged smartphone that is less than $1200 for a long time and it is finally here. I was on t-mobile for the last 18months and broke three of their phones and I am so happy to be back with g-zone and verizon. The phone is lighter in your hands than you think, the display is very clear, love the dual locks and the super fast slide text feature. The g-zone apps are really cool, use the pedometer one every day and enjoy that. The downside with verizon is they don't work in Europe so this isn't an international phone which is a buzz kill. But if you are staying in the states no worries, other cons is this android isnt an plug and teather to a Mac, so I am still working the bugs out on that. The great thing is this phone can be dropped, kicked, submersed and be on a job site and you never have to baby it. For that it is priceless. I also can check my email, surf facebook, and have apps that direct me to Mt. Everest or tell me tides on my favorite beach. The phone gets a five stars, the service a three. Fyi, I bought it on Amazon wireless which saved me a $100 from walking into a verizon store, this costs me two days of waiting for the shipping, had to make one call to their help center and had to pay $10 to the verizon store to transfer my numbers. In the end a positive experience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Casio G'zOne Commando C811 DONT BUY THIS CRAP GARBAGE PHONE !!!!!, August 26, 2013
This phone is another over-hyped P.O.S. I have had this phone for 2 months now after following a strong suggestion from a Verizon wireless representative who promised a strong indestructible phone, which I will say is the only worthy feature on this phone. I can never send emails from this phone as I get a "cannot connect to server" message and to date have still not sent a single email from it. It constantly alerts me to voicemails and text messages that simply don't exist. This phone always has trouble displaying a web page. Worst of all I get about 6 hours of battery life after a full charge and that is with turning off Wi-Fi and not using the phone for anything other than just to see how long it could last on stand by. The phone comes with plenty of already installed apps that you cant get rid of and they run constantly also depleating its battery life. Shouldn't you have a say in which apps can stay or go on a phone that you have paid for? If you are an iphone user like I was don't fall for the hype on this phone as the grass is not greener on the other side and now I am stuck with a virtually useless P.O.S. for the next 22 months until I am eligible for an upgrade. Phones should have to go thru some kind of aptitude test to be classified as a smart phone to which this phone would fail with flying colors. I should start using turds to make calls and email because they stink the same. DONT BUY THIS PHONE !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, August 10, 2013
Jennifer (DAYTON, NV, United States) - See all my reviews
Ordering this through Amazon was so much easier than going to the phone store and having to deal with all that. Activation was simple and the phone is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product-One tough smartphone, March 17, 2013
I will admit I was very leery of their mil-spec standards, but after four months I'll admit that this is the absolute toughest phone I've ever had. It has withstood numerous drops, water, dust, sweat, mower hours, and general neglect/abuse while providing a solid smart phone performance. The screen sensitivity has a notable difference compared to the best smart phones, but I am anything but disappointed. I bought this phone with expectations of minimal performance and currently am significantly impressed. If you have destroyed multiple phones by subjecting them to southern summers, moisture, sawdust, impact (I'm clumsy), then this is the phone you're looking for. I can email and have internet access on the construction site, as well as having enough battery life to stream music for about eight hours during the day (Depending on signal strength). I have beaten the crap out of this phone and it is still working as well as when I bought it. Absolutely the way to go if you actually live/work in an uncontrolled environment. Hope this helps.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth Bad, December 5, 2012
Tried to work with Verizon on this issue but I even I had more issues with Verizon. I was getting intermittent transmission during phone calls using Bluetooth with my car. I went through several diagnostics and procedures jumping through hoops. The last tech I spoke to told me that Casio Commando does have a glitch in the Bluetooth program with no fixes in the future. Don't buy it if you ever intend to use the Bluetooth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and very durable, November 4, 2012
This is a absolute must for those of us who tend to drop and/or forget that we have our phones and they go through the wash or we get thrown in the pool with it. Also great for jobs in the construction zone, the phone is durable and mine has with stood many falls onto the carpeted floor or on concrete. I once even dropped it into a bucket of water while working, I freaked till I realized that the phone was perfectly fine thankfully. I used to break phones but this one has lasted me half a year and i have had zero problems with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars No voice recognition in the car, October 17, 2012
pdxmusicman (GASTON, OR United States) - See all my reviews
The Casio Commando will not recognize voice commands when the car is running. This is a massive flaw. See my video for a side by side comparison of this phone and the Motorola Droid 2:[...]

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst Android I have had, July 19, 2011
Thew "Thew" (here, there, and everywhere) - See all my reviews
I bought this after my brother recommended it to me, and reading dozens of reviews. My brother managed to get one that works flawlessly, and his only complaint has been the battery. I finally bought my first one in June, and had problems with it nonstop from day 1. I exchanged my phone through the service provider several times, and had similar problems in all of them: horrible battery life, problems charging, dropped calls, retrieval delays of hours and sometimes days for messages. The service coverage, when the phone worked, was decent, and I really did like a few of the G'Zone apps, but they did not make the phone worth the hassle for me. After 4 months of fighting with these phones, I finally got a break and was able to resign/upgrade my phone to a different make.

So, my breakdown for scoring this phone is as such:
1 star for each of the 5 phones phone that did work properly = 1 star
1 star for innovative Android features and custom apps

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Cell phone ever, October 26, 2012
I have had this phone for over a year. It has a poor built in antenna resulting in poor signal strength. I have had other brands of phones along side the Commando and they always have a better signal strength. The touch screen is not very responsive requiring several touches to make it work. It turns itself on sometimes. It will run applications on it's own. When talking if your face touches the screen it can hang up the call, mute or turn on the speaker. Poor sound quality and difficult to hear when on the highest volume setting. I can receive calls and the phone won't ring and it forces the caller to leave a message. Casio and Verizon are in denial about the problems with this product. This is the worst and most problematic cell phone I have ever had.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›