Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 17, 2011
when i first got this i was thrilled, but than i saw it was way too big. I was very disappointed. But i quick searched on YouTube how to make it smaller and i found out that the things holding the watch together are little pins. So all you need to do is look on the inside of the band and you will see little arrows that point to the pins that are removable. Than you take a pin, place it on the watch pins and just gently hammer them out. But only the ones you need hammered out. Than some little pieces of the band will come of. Lastly you take one of the pins and hammer the bands on your watch back together. I might not have explained this very well but if you go on youtube and search "how to make a watch band smaller" you will see the first result by a guy called "wired" click on that, he explains it very well. Other than having to do that (which is very easy) the watch is fantastic, its beautiful and even tells you what day of the month it is. I give this watch 5 stars!!!!!!
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2008
I was about to replace my Citizen Eco-Drive, when I found out about this Casio. It looks great and the battery last for 10 Years. My Citizen Eco-Drive died after 10 years of use. The finish is not as smooth as a Citizen, but for the price which is almost 1/10 of a Citizen, it's worth every single penny.
on August 14, 2009
This is my first post ever to rate a product and I feel obliged to do it because of this watch.

I was tired of rubber bands that kept breaking on my previous watches, so I got this Casio Edifice. I have owned it for close to 10 years and it far exceeded my expectations. I am amazed at the durability and reliability of this watch. During this time I have dropped it, abused it, gone to the beach several times and used it while diving and swimming. I use it every day for all activities. Never did it fail, and the battery still has not been replaced. The crystal glass is hardly scratched and is very resistant. It looks classy and appropriate for all occasions.

The best of all is that people often look at this watch and since it is so well made and stylish think that it was worth way more than it is. I highly recommended it and it is one of the best watches I have ever owned.
on August 26, 2011
The watch itself is just that-- a watch. It's a decent quality watch at a good price. Because it is stainless steel and relatively conservative, it looks equally good when I wear shorts and a T-shirt or if I wear a suit. I really have no complaints.

The problem I have is the directions/warning/warranty card included with the watch. It's the same card included with all their watches and has directions on adjusting the digital display (this is an analog only watch). What it lacks is any information on how to adjust the watch band to fit you. Casio does not use the standard pins most watches use so it's a bit more complicated. Instead of hammering out one side of the pin and pulling it out on the other side, you have to dig into the backside of the link with a jeweler's screwdriver (a regular pin will NOT work), then work the flat piece of metal free. Compared to the standard system, it's really a pain in the ass. it is also very easy to damage the watchband.

I ended up searching on youtube for directions. This link is the the one I used, it's a Casio Wave Ceptor, but the band is the same as the Edifice.[...]
on July 8, 2006
In the first palce, I wanted a reliable watch like Casio, low priced, yet shows good taste, for my every day use. This watch is in fact far more than I expected, based on it low price tag. It is really v. well built with elegantly styled metal band and dark blue dial. It is designed in a classic way that would stay in style as long as its battery goes (10 Y).

I beleive this watch will stay with me for some time, till I just get sick of it, as it looks like it can really hold up for years of use.

I totally recommend this watch for anyone who wants somthing decent in value and looks for, a v.decent price.
on November 15, 2009
I am a Casio fan. I have several calculators (and kids) and use them often. All of my Casio products work well and have solid design and engineering. I bought this watch recently. It met all my requirements: battery that will not need replacement every year or two, and simple, solid analog. It met all of those requirements and I am very happy with it. The only thing that I will note is the band has a square edge along the sides. I assume that it was a descision made at Casio of making a watch with this much engineering and quality at this price that finishing touches had to be eliminated. I have smoothed the band (Dremel sander, wet stone, and finished with wet sand paper) along the band edge only. The watch now has a band that is smoother and no longer an irritation. This is perhaps only an issue to me, but I thought it was worth noting. I am still a great fan of this watch and would recommend it to others.
on November 11, 2007
For its cost, this watch surely is a excellent buy. Other features that I like are the 10 year battery and 100m water resistance. In India, once a watch is opened, the water resistance is gone, as it is almost never re-sealed properly - which is where the 10 yr. battery is very important. The footprint is not very large (like those from Fossil), so it looks good on an average man's wrist. I surely recommend it for a casual watch.

-Amarendra
on December 19, 2013
I've been keeping an eye on this watch for some time, and the price recently dropped a bit so I bought it. I don't often wear a watch, but when I do I like them a little smaller, and this one fit the bill. The idea of the battery being good for ten years is great, too, assuming I can find a replacement in ten years that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. ;)
That said, the band is lousy. It's not the most difficult to remove links, but my real complaint about it is that it catches and pulls hairs on your wrist as the watch moves around. Yes, you might be able to buy a different band, but it's not going to match the design on the case (which flows into the band) and since it's not a normal pin-style, it will be hard to find...and expensive.
So the watch is five stars, the band is one; together, that's a three.
I hope this helps someone else.
on June 4, 2015
It is a simple watch that feels like quality. For the price, you cannot go wrong with Casio, with their excellent quality control and use of decent materials. The band is different to what I am used to, in terms of adjusting at least, but once catered to your wrist, there is no issue.

The reflective blue shimmers nicely against the sun, and the screw down back plate makes for added water resistance; I have no doubt in my mind that this watch will last for a very long time.
review image
on October 25, 2014
I had this watch for eight and a half (8.5) years until it stopped the first time. The next thing I did was order a new one – an identical model – from Amazon. I loved the first one, I love the second one still.

I nearly always had the watch on my wrist: bathing, swimming, jogging, even chopping wood. Here are some pros and cons I noticed over the 8.5 years of using the first watch and the two years using the second (identical) one:

Pros:
* Large and clear numbers and arrows. Being short-sighted, I value that.
* Very long battery life (battery outlasts the watch, so to say). It roughly delivered the promised 10 years of battery life, taking into account the time it spent on the shelf in the store.
* Robust glass: despite some scratches, it still looked OK after 8.5 years of heavy use.
* Arrows and numbers shining in the dark were quite useful at times.
* Accurate: never had to adjust the time besides the changes of summer/winter time and travelling across time zones.

Cons:
* The sides (between the bottom lid and the top glass) corroded somewhat after some 5 years. It did not reduce usability but it did spoil the look somewhat.

Conclusion: a great watch! That is why I bought exactly the same model again without a second thought. And I will buy one again in approximately eight years (i.e. after the battery dies) if only I can get one then!