5.0 out of 5 stars Very elegant and working just fine
Published on September 22, 2007 by Cristian

3.0 out of 5 stars nice watch but doesn't quite deliver
Published on November 14, 2012 by Sluggo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very elegant and working just fine, September 22, 2007
This review is from: Casio Men's EF106SG-2AV "Edifice" Two-Tone Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch for myself and I had it for about two weeks now. I was not sure how it was going to look on me, but it really fits nice and it is very elegant. The golden parts add a lot to that. So far I didn't notice any loss of time, so it is pretty accurate too. I worked a little bit on it to adjust the band, but I found some instructions on-line on how to do it and that helped: [...]

Overall, I am very satisfied with it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Build Quality and Styling, December 4, 2009
Outstanding build quality and beauty. Looks more expensive than the price that was paid. A very good alternative to those folks who cannot afford or let alone wear larger watches like Invicta etc. although I do have a few of my own and really like them also. Most difficult part was adjusting and resizing the watch band. Casio build quality is so precise that it takes a lot of skill to remove the metal pins and remove 4 links. Otherwise, took me 1/2 hour to resize the band since I have my own watchmaking tools I also purchased from Amazon. Back case cover is a screw on type which is preferable since it really keeps out moisture and is much easier to remove when replacing batteries although I think it will be about ten years before I would even consider doing so. My last Casio Edifice purchased in Las Vegas was purchased when my son was five years old. He just made 15 when the battery finally died and had to be replaced. It just doesn't get any better. Buy it. You won't regret this purchase since it is so elegantly styled and built like a tank. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to resize your watchband, July 30, 2012
First let me start off saying, if you had any doubts about buying this watch, don't, just buy it. It's a great watch, excellently weighted, and well built. It is built in Japan and cased (put together) in China, so think of that what you will. I uploaded several pictures in just about every angle so you can see just about everything that this watch has to offer. The one con about this watch, that everyone is so quick to point out is the band. The band itself is a pain to re size, I couldn't even find any information on how to do it, so what I did was called Casio (waited, got transferred, and talked about 1h 45m) and got their friendly, but slow customer support to email me a PDF guide, which they created, on how to re size your watch band. They had me sign a form before that reaffirming that this does void your warranty (unless done by a professional) so just putting that out there.

To find my manual, go onto 4Shared and enter in "Casio Watch"

Wish you best of luck in your watchband re sizing efforts!

[EDIT] manual got taken down, presumably by Casio, I suggest you contact them directly and ask their support to email you the instructions

5.0 out of 5 stars I am amazed!, July 8, 2010
John H. Britland (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
I had been looking for a replacement watch for some time now. Then I came across the Casio EF106SG-2AV. I looked all over the internet for watches similiar to this. I read all the reviews on Amazon about the watch and finally took the plunge. The watch arrived today about four days early. I was amazed at the quality and feel of the watch for starters. I also have a Citizen Eco-drive which I paid $175 for. You can't tell the difference between the quality of the two of them regarding looks. The quality is there. I absolutely love this Casio and I would recommend this watch to anyone looking for a dressy watch or just for knock around. You won't be disappointed. I took it to have the band adjusted because it comes quite large. I have a normal size wrist for a guy and he took 3 links out. Cost me $8. If your undecided between this one and another one go with this one. You can always return it to Amazon if you don't like it. I doubt you will though. Enjoy. I certainly am. You will flat out love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dependable & Good-Looking!, August 23, 2008
This beautiful dress/casual watch is a steal at $37.50 It has the Casio dependability and the contrasting gold & silver watch & band goes with any man's ring. It is for sure water resistant. I wash my cars, bicycles, canoe, and do yard work, then wash up.....plenty of exposure to water. No Problems. Keeps perfect time. Looks good enough for church or a night out, and is tough enough for a very active life style. The bracelet-style band does not pull your wrist hairs like an expansion band. The numbers and the hands are easy to see at any time. If I don't love it, I won't write a good review. Believe me...this is a very good deal!

3.0 out of 5 stars nice watch but doesn't quite deliver, November 14, 2012
I was really taken by the photo because of the handsome boldness of the design, or is it bold handsomeness? It had a very elegant and masculine look, two areas where I could use any help I can get. My only tiny reservation was the font of the numbers. They sort of look like plastic magnetic letters a child would put on the refrigerator. When it arrived the colors were grand but the number font - especially because of their size - was in the end intolerable. So back it went. If the font was a little more refined and understated I would have kept it and given 5 stars. As an aside, the metal is very light and edges are a little rough compared to a higher end watch, it was a bit cheap feeling, but that is to be expected at this price so no stars off for that. It is, after all, better to look good than to feel good. BTW can I give a shout-out to watch shopping on Amazon? Good times...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch for the price, May 16, 2009
I had a Seiko that had cost me $100, that needed a repair estimated at $95, so I descided to retire the Seiko.
The economical price of the Casio makes it comparitively disposable as compared to a Seiko.
It looks good, keeps accurate time, and has been trouble free.
The only thing I miss a little, is that the Seiko displayed the day such as "Sat 22"--- The Casio only displays the "22"
All in all, I'm quite satisfied, and would not hesitate to recommend this watch, or to purchase another Casio product in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Styling and Quality, August 29, 2008
I have been very pleased with this watch. It has beautiful style and function. The gold hands on the blue face make for easy reading and I like the way the watch band works, very nice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good watch but not if you like your arm hair., January 6, 2013
Look, I'm not the hairiest guy in the whole world, but the links really pull out your arm hair! Kind of a shame considering the excellent reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value and Solid Quality, February 6, 2013
Just bought this Casio Men's EF106SG-2AV Edifice to rerplace one that I literally beat up and wore swimming and working on yardwork and woodworking projects for the past 8 years. It looks like a watch that costs three times the price and is incredibly reliable. If I get another 8 years from this one that's just over $4 per year. Can't go wrong.