Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 24, 2012
I've been using this watch for a couple of days. So far I like the way it looks, functions and keeps time. I have several casual/sports watches like this one, including a Citizen Eco-Drive. I love my titanium Eco-Drive, but it is kinda bland (looking) compared to this one. This Casio Edifice combines brushed stainless steel with black and copper colors to deliver a very appealing look. The smaller dials include very useful analog features. The top dial is the date. The left dial is a day-of-the-week and the bottom is a 24-hour military time dial. I like the extra dials because I actually use them.

This watch has a fairly large case and for some people, it'll seem quite heavy. But right now, large, thick cases are the fashion trend so most won't mind this. I've worn this watch for hours at a time and I haven't noticed nor been bothered by the weight. Again, some guys like this and it is the current fashion trend. If you want lite weight and thin, look at the Skagen watches. The band is also brushed stainless and it has a locking clasp. I have large wrists and I still had to remove 2 band links to get the sizing just right. The links are held together with standard push-out pins and those with small wrists should be able to remove several more band links to get the right fit.

Because this Edifice is solar, that means I shouldn't have to change out the battery any time soon. Casio says that without any light, the watch has enough battery power to last about 3 months after fully charged. So just store these watches in a window-seal or someplace that gets at least some indirect sun light and you'll be fine. These watches can recharge on indoor light, but it takes a very long time to reach a full charge. If this watch runs like my Citizen Eco-Drive, I'll never have to worry about it. Right now, I have to give this watch 5 stars. I payed under $90 through Amazon and that included free-shipping. That kind of price is hard to beat considering all the features Casio built into it. Casio has been in business a long time so for now, I'm going to assume this thing is well-built and won't die on me after a couple of months. If it does, I'll update this review, but now, I am very happy with this purchase.
on October 19, 2013
You can't beat this solar powered watch for this price. The first thing you might notice when you take this watch out of the box is that it doesn't work. To get it to work, pull the time setting crown all the way out and leave it in direct sunlight for the entire day so that it charges up completely. Then set the time after this. The watch will run perfectly and in my case, hasn't lost a single second in two weeks of wearing. The band is very large and without removing any links, it would be suitable for the wrists of a 600lb Silverback Gorilla, but I was able to remove three of the links myself at home for a perfect fit. Some reviewers complained that, "The plastic crystal scratches easily". This reviewer doesn't have a clue because the crystal is in fact glass and mine hasn't scratched yet.
on October 28, 2013
Solid watch with a classy and subtle details. Only minor complaint is the brass color seems to scratch a little too easily, but otherwise this appears to be a very reliable timepiece that does not require changing out the battery (at least until the solar powered rechargeable start to decay). The day of the week function is a nice, relatively unique feature for this style watch, and I find it more useful than having a chronograph function.
on October 19, 2015
Very stylish. So far it has kept perfect time. Easy to set up. Not sure about water proof, the crown doesn't tighten down as instructed. Dials are quite small and hard to read. I do recommend this watch.
on November 12, 2013
Very Nice Watch - should have "Atomic" features, otherwise, The Old Mountain Goat is happy about it even without it!
on July 25, 2012
I wanted a solar Watch because I don't want any shop to open it for changing the battery. From my past experiences I feel once it's opened it doesn't go back sealed well like the manufacturer did and water might leak in. This actually happened to a Watch I had which was a Casio G-Shock. Before changing its battery I used to swim wearing it, then one day I was swimming with the watch after changing the battery to discover later that it was filled with water and destroyed.

I know that reachargable batteries has a life time which will be reached after getting charged and discharged a lot, but I still think that it will live longer.

I really like this watch. It looks very nice and I don't have to change the battery any more.

The Watch style is definitely good with "Formal" style or "Smart Casual" style.

One little thing, sometimes my wrest's hair get stuck in the band.

It was a good purchase.
on July 9, 2012
I think it's a very good product, it has a good size and nice design. It's very easy to configure time.
on October 3, 2012
Casio Men's EF340SB-1A5 for me is a new age of watch. I grew tried of replacing batteries, so trying is type watch - Solar is new for me. Looks stylish, attention getter like it a lot.
on August 10, 2012
This watch looks good. Not too big on a small wrist. And it's solar powered so I don't need to change batteries.

However, the plastic crystal scratched within 2 days. The steel band also scuffed up. My Timex' crystal is still unscratched after 7 years. And the Casio Pathfinder's crystal is also good after 1 year. So I don't know what's the deal with this Edifice.
on October 6, 2012
Great watch!!! I now have 4 Edifice watches and once you get them set they work very well. Considering buying another one.