Although this watch is "only" a Casio it is simply an amazing and elegant timepiece. For under $60 dollars the watch looks like it costs at least $100 more and has tons of features to keep any technophile content.

The Pros of this watch include:

Published on July 7, 2007 by FirePepper Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful on the outside; utility quite limited
Casio Men's Ana-Digi Edifice Bracelet Watch #EFA120D-1AV
Published on March 27, 2008 by OldeGrump

4.0 out of 5 stars The perfect watch for the technophile who wouldn't be caught dead with a digital watch, July 7, 2007
This review is from: Casio Men's EFA120D-1AV Ana-Digi Edifice Thermometer Bracelet Watch (Watch)

The Pros of this watch include:

- Looks: Unlike a lot of other Casio watches, which have cheap looking plastic parts holding the metal pieces together, this watch is all metal. It looks like it is on par with the Seiko's and Pulsar's out there. I chose the square model over the otherwise identical round model because it looks more elegant whereas the round appears more sporty... either way you cannot go wrong.

- Features: The face of the watch is embedded with digital screens that are not normally visible unless you really try and look for them. This allows it to have the grace of a analog watch with the technology and features of a digital. But remember this is an analog watch first so the digital screens are not quick and easy to read like a true digital watch... they are there for supplementary information.

Cons of this watch include:

- The hands of the watch can partially obstruct the digital screens at times.

- The indicators for the alarm, hourly chime, autobacklight, etc. are really small and hard to see.

- The clasp of the band is made from much cheaper looking steel than the rest of the watch. This is not really a problem since you cannot see this part once the clasp is closed.

- The band is rather difficult to adjust and there are not a lot of settings in between so I was not able to get the "perfect" fit although it is very close.

- The band seems to scratch easily. I have had a Pulsar diver's watch for 20 years and had no scratches on its band. I have owned the Casio for less than 1 month and already there are a few faint scratches. Luckily I have not scratched the crystal as of yet but I would not be surprised if this also was easy to scratch.

- The thermometer is innacurate but it can be calibrated and once you calibrate it according to your body temp it does a fair job of telling you the temperature.

- It only has 1 alarm, and it does not have atomic timekeeping like other Casio watches.

Overall I have been really happy with the features and appearance of this watch. It really draws lots of compliments for its analog style and when people look at it upclose they are wowed by the technology factor as well. Really a good buy for the money, hopefully it will hold up with daily use and abuse.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm wearing it right now! (Updated), November 24, 2007
John Drake "TechHead" (New Orleans, Louisiana) - See all my reviews
Pros: It's digital and analog. It looks decent; slightly dressy; a change of pace for me since I usually buy sports watches. It's got a thermometer. World time. It's less than $60.00!! For value, it's a five star!

Cons: Backlight is not very bright and does not stay on long. It's not atomic (I usually buy waveceptors). The digital part of the watch is round (within the square) I'd rather the whole square but that's my own opinion. It's a little bulky for others but I'm used to bulky watches. Battery life rated to only last two years.

Buy the link remover tool Heavy Duty Watch Band Tool Link Pin Remover for Bracelet Adjustments Watch Sizing Repair Fix with TWO (2) EXTRA PINS if your wrists are smaller than average unless you like loose watch bands. I bought the one I just listed and it works well; just be patient. You really can't beat the Amazon prices compared to most retail shops!

Update: April 2008 and a control push button came off! Dissapointing to say the least.

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent+fashion full-metal watch, August 26, 2007
This watch fits men with regular or bit smaller size wrist. The black dial plate, full stainless steel barrel shape make it looks decent but fashion. CASIO has another model with round shape, but I think the barrel shape looks more fashion. The size of this watch is on average, but a bit bigger would make it perfect. The thickness is just right.

The ED light is dim, however it doesn't bother a lot since you'll also want to save the battery power. The thermometer is interesting and useful. Putting the watch and other thermometer together into water would help you set the point right if you need to.

The only thing I'm not satisfied is the adjustment of the wrist band. The segment doesn't fit the best for me, which my previous SEIKO perfectly did.

You won't regret buying this watch with this price. (<$60)

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better looking digital watches, December 23, 2006
TobycW (United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch as a gift for my brother who specifically wanted a better looking digital watch to wear to work. Out of the countless watches I looked at, this Casio was the best one (and it's round twin) under $100. It has most of the desired features in a digital: alarm, stopwatch, timer. It also has a temperature meter but I wonder about it's accuracy. In any case, the digital readout is very difficult to see in the light of day. At night, a push of the illumination button makes it easy to see. The band looks OK but is cheap rolled steel with no attempt made to polish/brush the sides to conceal that fact. All in all, a decent watch that stands out in looks compared to other budget digital watches.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful on the outside; utility quite limited, March 27, 2008
Casio Men's Ana-Digi Edifice Bracelet Watch #EFA120D-1AV
The outside appearance of the watch is gorgeous. But, the digital numbers are too dim, too small, and too frequently covered up by the analog hands thereby reducing the watch's utility. And, it is the most difficult and arcane watch to set the time, date, etc. than any other watch I have ever owned. The owners manual is not terribly helpful either, and written by someone whose first language was probably not English. All in all, I have found it a beautiful disappointment; a watch which will spend more time in a sock drawer than ever on my wrist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to look at, Can't say same about the rest, June 4, 2008
Ok, don't be misled by the title. That probably explains my anguish. I saw this watch like an year ago. Fell in love with it the minute I laid my eyes on it. Took me an year or more to buy it. But when I finally bought it, it was mixed feelings.

I was worried as I heard people mention it might not look the same as in the site, but it was pretty much same. I was floored by the quality and the build. Sturdy and pretty sophisticated looking.
Features aplenty, surprisingly though missing few Casio features like waveceptor and the like, but for $50 you couldn't ask for more.

Manual is easy to understand but not to read. Functions will take some time to work with, I still can't figure out the alarm On/Off setting, but that's just me.

Problem I observed at the very beginning is that the light function is really really bad. It lasts for 2-3 seconds, hardly much if you want to change settings or modes. Light reminds of those days when it was just meant to show time. But the watch has more than that for the illuminator to work for such a less time. I am mightily disappointed with that.

Other than that, the usual suspects as others mentioned, are there, but the annoyance factor varies from person to person. I am pretty much fine with it.

In hindsight, there is a similar model with lighter background and I think I should have bought it.

But make no mistake, the watch is a really good one for its price. And in spite of all the shortcomings, I still like it. Not sure if others can compromise on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, July 30, 2008
The watch looks better in the pictures. The digital numbers are difficult to read. The tempeture reading is never correct since it is always high when you are wearing the watch. and it is heavier than most watches twice the size. Bad choice. Gave it 1 stars since it does keep time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, October 28, 2008
I ordered this witch Amazon.com using FREE with Super Saver
Shipping, ,it arrived in just two (2) days time.
I find it is a bit heavy and thicker than I expected.
The watch looks pretty decent, however as alluded
to by another reviewer the black face does make it kind
of difficult to see the time and as stated by another
the hands can block the digital display sometimes.
All in all it is good value for money

kalip

5.0 out of 5 stars not bad, January 9, 2007
Bought them as a present. Was a bit disappointed with the real look - not so shiny as on the picture. Plus the dial indicators were quite dim. Hopefully the friend liked them very much. Delivery service was perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Watch, July 7, 2008
Jose Vargas "Jose" (Turrialba, Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch like 4 months ago and I like it a lot. It looks very good and doesn't look cheap. It has a lot of features.
My only complaints:
-The display is hard to see on a sunny day and is often covered. Its better to use the analog.
-The thermometer is not as accurate as I would want. If you want it to be accurate you need to configure it with an accurate thermometer and temperature also changes a lot according to your body temp. If you get it off, the metal gets cold so the temp decreases a lot and when you wear it it comes up again.
-The analog is hard to set and you do not set it with the right side button, like you would suppose (that's just another button). You have to set it using the bottom right button and you can`t turn the analog counterclockwise just clockwise or right. If you miss the correct hour, you need to continue all the way around until you get there. That`s boring
But its still a good watch and has a good set of features. The price is also good for what you get. I recommend if you want a good looking everyday watch, but don`t expect a lot of the termometer