Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on June 14, 2012
Not wanting to spend over $100 for a watch, three things drew me to this one. One, it is extremely easy to read, particularly important if you are close-up sight challenged as I am. The hands are slightly larger than most, and they are white over a black background. The second hand is also easy to see. 2. It is stylish. It's a combination of a sport watch and a dress watch. It's not overly fancy, yet,I feel comfortable wearing it on all occasions. I didn't want a leather band or any band I had to buckle. This is really hard to find on watches with these features. 3. The digital readout along with the analog timekeeping. Again, really hard to find. I had a chronograph before because I liked the alarm and timer features and the looks. But after having two chronographs over the past 10 years, both of which I couldn't read without a magnifying glass I never really used it that way. - this is the reason I wanted the digital readout. I also use the light function on this all the time. Ever been to a movie and wanted to know what time it was? What a great feature this is!

I set the time 3 weeks ago to the second to match my computer time. I just checked it and it's exactly on time, right to the second. I know I made a point in my title about the user manual. The reason is that the two chronograph watches I had previously, one was a seiko, the other a relic (which turned out to be the worst watch I ever had), I never really learned how to use the chronographs because there was no owner manual with them. This one has a small book that comes with it that explains all the features in good detail, so even I can understand. Kudos to Casio for their attention to detail! (if there is a negative to the owner manual, it is that there's no instructions on how to remove a link in the band, but fortunately I was able to size it perfectly by changing the pin location on the clasp - it was easy to do).

This watch is solar powered. I really wasn't looking for that, but it just happened to have it. In fact, I didn't really know about that aspect until I opened the user manual. I was concerned at first, but there's no issue with that at all. One of the digital functions is battery condition. It tells you low, mid, or high. At first, it stayed on mid for a couple of days, and I was concerned because I wasn't getting outside much at the time. Now, though it's been on high ever since, without a lot of time outside. So apparently you don't have to spend a lot of time outdoors for this battery to stay charged. It works great.

It's only been 3 weeks, but so far, it's been perfect. No complaints. I'll update this in a year or so if I remember. If anyone has any doubts or questions about this watch, feel free to comment, and I'll get back to you. But, for now, don't hesitate. Buy it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 12/5/2012 Here we are six months later. I'm not as excited about this watch as I was earlier. I had to return the first one to Amazon (no problem at all) because I realized the second hand stopped matching the digital readout (off by 2 seconds) and when you reset the timer the second hand would return to the 58 second mark, rather than at zero. The second watch, which I have now, just started doing the exact same thing.

The timekeeping is still very good. My watch is about 30 seconds fast after nearly 6 months. Not bad.

I downgraded my rating from 5 stars to 4.
99 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
Good loking watch. Easy to read, large dial. The back light has limited usefulness, however that wasn't a requirement for me. The world time function works well for me. Normal use seems to keep the battery fully charged.

Adjusting the bracelet is not easy. Either buy the kit offered by Amazon or pay someone to do it. I managed with a small nail and a hammer, but don't recommend that!
on March 20, 2012
After two decades of wearing Casio sport watches with rubber wrist bands, my skin just couldn't take it any more. I was at a loss until I found this watch as I loved my old Casios. Finally, solution found! This watch is great and the metal wrist band is very comfortable as compared to others I have worn. The functions are logical and easy to use. The "Edifice" series has a very nice look to it, but is still durable and is easy to read, especially due to the luminescent hands and markings on this particular model. No more batteries too due to the solar charging.
on December 18, 2012
The watch alarm along with all the other audio features, i.e., hourly alarm and button alert, did not work. A call to Casio confirmed that the watch was defective and should be returned. I have done that and Amazon.com has mailed me a new watch. Hopefully that one will work.

In all other aspects, I was impressed with the apparent quality of both the watch and the band. It was even more attractive than I imagined. Its weight is only about 4 to 5 oz and feels just right. I researched many other watches in the mid-level price range including the Sartego and Tisot. Some of these weighed as much as a pound which I consider to be ridiculous. I look forward to getting one that works.

One caution though and that is the practicality of a solar charging battery. My only experience is with battery only watches. I didn’t keep it long enough nor even wear it to find out.

Ron
on April 18, 2012
Great watch. I looked long and hard to replace my casio. I tried a much recommended blue faced ana-digi casio model and found that the analog dials often stopped. I couldn't believe that I tried to actually get used to this. But I couldn't find casios that were thin and trustworthy and were ana-digi. Finally I spotted this one and I love it. Everything about it is great, the size, the watch band, visibility of hands at night. The feature set is just what I wanted with timer and excellent stop watch (that works with analog sweep second hand as stop watch) and it is not complicated to set up and use. The solar also gives assurance that I won't have to break the seal to replace the battery which is when my older ana-digi casio that was great started underperforming.
on December 7, 2012
I purchased this watch to have a digital timed alarm as a replacement for an older casio alarm watch. It is larger and has a much better band that is secure with a well design lock. I use this as my backup morning alarm and travel morning alarm clock. Has worked well for me.
on April 9, 2012
You name it. This lady has it. Any and all expectations are met. Most of all it does all that without need to replace battery.It's solar powered. Hence no need to open the back risking the water resistance.And it's bonus is LED light to see the whole screen in dark and see the time as you walk to the bathroom.Very reasonably priced and it feels sturdy , not cheap feeling.
on December 12, 2012
LOTS OF VISITS TO THE WEB LOOKINGTO FIND A WATCH I LIKE. AFTER MANY YEARS OF NOT USING A WATCH. THIS WON ON LOOKS AND FUNCTIONS. MY OLD WATCHES WENT BY THE WAYSIDE AFTER A COUPLE OF YEARS DUE TO BATTERY ISSUES AND POOR BANDS. SOLAR SEEMS TO BE THE LONGER TERM ANSWER AND THIS NEW STYLE OF BAND LOCK IS GREAT.
on December 25, 2012
Nice watch offering many options - but the watch face, SS case, and band, were too large for smaller sized wrists. If it were available in a smaller size I would keep it in a minute. Still a very nice watch for the money and for those looking for a large instrument.
on January 19, 2013
The alarm is weak and I have it set to beep on the hour. I miss several of the beeps because background noise over tones it. It would be fine if you work in a office setting where it was quite.It is a nice looking watch