5.0 out of 5 stars Casio EX-Z2000 14.1 MP digital camera
Published on November 20, 2010 by RJP

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera while it worked.
Published on June 10, 2010 by RT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera while it worked., June 10, 2010
RT (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio EX-Z2000 14.1MP Digital Camera with 5x Ultra Wide Angle Zoom with CCD Shift Image Stabilization and 3.0 inch LCD (Silver) (Electronics)
We bought this to take on a trip. Received it about a week before the trip, and started playing with it. It has some nice features, and I like the zoom and image stabilization. The screen is great, and pictures for the most part are wonderful. Battery life does seem shorter than advertised. We only got around 200 pictures out of it per battery charge so far, but my wife does like to review the pictures repeatedly, so if she wasn't doing that maybe it would last longer, who knows. The other thing my wife doesn't like is that it is sometimes a little slow to take a picture and there's no mode for taking multiple pictures in succession. She's used to her DSLR's so we can't ding this camera for that. All in all we're happy with our purchase of the Casio Exilim EX-Z2000

Edit: So since I wrote this review, we had an issue with the charger, which Casio fixed for free, but then after just over a year of use (14 months exactly), the camera is now dead. It was working fine for most of a day at a County Fair, then after a shot, it went completely unresponsive. The lens is locked in the out position, battery fully charged, but nothing will make it do anything. Just a few months after the warranty expired too. Thumbs down to Casio. You're supposed to make a camera that lasts, not something that completely goes belly up after 14 months of use. It also developed a pixel that always saved as blue on the image, which had to be corrected on every photo. Was a nice camera while it worked. Changed from 5 to 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio EX-Z2000 14.1 MP digital camera, November 20, 2010
I'm not a dedicated photographer and just wanted a light camera good to take simple pictures of family gatherings and the occasional landscape view. In choosing the Casio digital camera I just followed a recent Consumers Report article and ratings. Although this Casio model was not at the very top of its class it was close enough to the top and a best buy. It delivers good quality pictures, has good stabilization, and can take more pictures from a charged battery than similar models (good feature if you travel abroad), all for a very good price. A moment of frustration arrived early when unpacking: the software and instructions of the accompanying CD were for PCs only and I own a Mac. But a phone call to Casio solved all problems quickly: using Mac software you can cope with all that is needed for loading your pictures into your hard disk, looking at them and doing most things I would normally do with them. I am satisfied with the picture quality, and after some study, with the handling of the different functions although at first I missed my previous Canon cameras which maybe more intuitive. In summary, I recommend this camera highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, December 7, 2010
I bought this camera before I went to Vegas. First of all, you can take pictures day or night; it gives the same sharp pictures regardless. It has 3200 ASA sensitivity makes the camera comparable to some of SLRs. It has 5X Ultra Wide Angle Zoom which makes a great deal for a regular user. Also, 3" LCD is bigger than many cameras in the same class and shows the pictures in extreme detail and clarity.
You can record videos almost as same as a video camera, no need an extra bag for a video camera. It has multiple color filters which you can use to create some fantastic shots.
It is thin comparing to other cameras. Casio kept its historical thinness in EX series including this one.
Battery is more than enough to use for at least 400 shots and may be more. I took couple videos at the same time. Only thing advisable, use it with minimum 8GB SDHC memory card.
I used it with premium processing option to take pictures, it is taking little longer to process the picture but gives better quality and camera automatically recognize whether you are taking night shot or scene or portrait etc.
For the money I spent to this camera, it is all worth it. Two thumbs up Casio!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved the Camera until I viewed the photos on the computer, February 17, 2011
I researched this camera extensively before purchasing and thought I had made a good decision. I was very impressed when I received it at the features that it had as well as the ease of use. I took it on a week long trip with me and loved it. The battery lasted the entire week without even dropping below the 75% mark. I was very excited about my purchase.

Then came the disapponitment. When I got home I plugged the camera into the TV to review the photos with my family only to discover that over half of the photos were out of focus. I was very upset that I had done something wrong. Over the next several days I tried different settings on the camera to see if I could get it to regularly take photos that were in focus. Basically I was unable to do so. I couldnt find a pattern as to why it would focus vs not focus.

I ended up returning the camera and start my search for a new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, September 18, 2010
This is a great camera. The menus are user friendly. The pictures are bright and clear on the large screen. Great picture quality even in low light. Tons of settings to choose from for different picture types...and they all have little picture icons associated with them so you don't have to guess what the setting is. Looks super sleek, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, easy to use, October 5, 2010
I bought this camera for my parents, and they love it. It is easy to use, takes great pictures, does not take a lot of time between shots, and is also great for video. We are far from professional photographers, but for the average user, this has been wonderful. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great compact camera, December 2, 2010
T. Han (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
I did a little hands on studies before trying to choose between Casio Z2000 and SONY W350 (comparable in both price and specs). Physically Z2000 is a little bigger and heavier. However, it gives more solid feel while holding in one hand. Besides the metal finish looks better than W350.

I like Z2000 operating buttons layout a lot, particularly zoom in/out. Easily to operate with one hand only, . W350's buttons are too small and too close to each other.

In term of special feature, W350's Panorama shot is very useful. Z2000 has many useful bestshot modes, but may take a couple seconds or so before the next shot.

Overall, I like Z2000 a lot for its look and operation. It's also a great camera for picture quality under normal lighting condition.

2.0 out of 5 stars Casio EX-Z2000, February 28, 2011
This is the third Casio camera I have purchased and the first one to disappoint me. I have not been able to take good pictures since I purchased the camera. The pictures are often out of focus. What is worse is that the colors are all off. Any pictures taken at night under artificial lighting results in the light producing a yellow tint on all objects around it. I have sent the camera back to casio for repair and I received what they call a "reconditioned" camera in exchange. This reconditioned camera appears to have the same problem. The problem became very evident when I took the same pictures with both my old Casio, a EX-S770, and the new one. The pictures taken with the EX-S770 were far superior in terms of colors vs. the pictures taken with the EX-Z2000. I bought the new casio since I thought it would be superior to the old one. It definitely is not. I am going to send it back to Casio for further repair. If they cannot improve it I will just have to junk it. The experience has, so far, turned me off to Casio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome camera, January 9, 2011
Great camera! Takes great pics! Has lots of picture options. Black & white mode, Sepia mode, crayon mode, water color mode.... Has a nice zoom on it for a compact camera! Great picture quality! Loved the price too!!!! I got it in 2 days!!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent picture quality, May 18, 2011
I tried a friend's camera (this one) on a trip and was shocked to compare the pictures with those on my Nikon. There was no comparison. This camera just seem to make best of all lights and situations. Nearly all pictures are perfect. So at the end of the trip, I bought this camera. Having taken a bunch of pictures now I continue to be thrilled by the quality.

I have several digital cameras, Lumix, Nikon, Olympus, Canon, etc., but this is the one I am happy with. Rest are gathering dust. If you need a general camera, and want absolutely fantastic picture quality, without worrying about exposure and f stop and all that, then this is the one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›