Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on November 16, 2006
I read all of the online reviews posted here on Amazon before I bought this camera. When I got it, I was very disappointed with the quality of the photos. It seemed that my old 3MP camera took better quality photos. However, I learned from the camera manual that the problem lies with the camera's default settings. Here are my suggestions. When you get the camera, go into the setup mode and change the following settings. Suggestion #1 In the REC menu, turn off the digital zoom. Suggestion #2 In the QUALITY menu, change the Photo Quality from NORMAL to FINE. From some reason Casio does not have the camera set to its optimum settings. I am sure the negative reviews posted by people here on Amazon were made by people who did not make these minor adjustments to the camera. [...] After I made these two adjustments, I was very happy with this camera. It now takes great photos! This is just my two cents....
0Comment|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2006
The other review of this camera had to have had a defective model, I have played with this camera now for over a week and it has taken some of the most stunning pictures I have ever seen for a digital. Some were close to 3MM quality, with brilliant detail. The blur that was mentioned is simply a matter of getting used to a camera with such a high pix rate and sensitivity. The more I learn the camera the better my pics have gotten. Stunning Camera. My advise TAKE YOUR TIME and learn the camera, don't just click a few pics and go, "oh well" thats not good.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2006
This camera is simply unbelievable. On a 2 day trip I took over 400 pictures and the battery is still on full. Every picture is in focus, I never have to manually focus it. It fires off pictures very quickley as long as you are not using flash. The zoom abilty is amazing. I have shown the zoomed pictures to a proffesional photographer and he was amazed. If you are looking for great indoor shots or low light get a larger camera with a larger flash. I rarely use flash and even in low light without flash I am pleased with the pictures. They are grainy but color is good and good enough for me. My purpose for the camera is outdoor scenic and macro. I am very very happy with this one. It absolutely does everything Casio says it will. I have had the camera for 6 months and have taken several thousand pictures.
on October 26, 2006
like previous EXILIM cameras, this one is rich with features and excellent performance. The problem arises when there is a problem, like a stuck lens cover. The repair / support process is as bad as I have ever seen. The repair facility has no quality, is not customer responsive, and basically will charge for items under warranty.

Although I have purchased several Casio's, including the EX-Z1000 and am happy when the camera works, the repair process is bad enough for me to no longer purchase.
on July 5, 2006
I was looking forward to the newest Exilim camera, (I have five of them) but when I recieved my EX-Z1000 I was very disappointed with the quality of the pictures. Having owned Exilim zoom cameras since the 3.2mp I have always liked the ease of use along with the small size of the Exilim cameras ( I always carry one of my Exilim with me). When I get a new one I always compare the real world use of the new camera with my previous one. When I first shot the EX-Z1000 I was impressed with the new wide screen display and the new control bar, but when I put the pictures on my screen I was very disappointed they looked very grainy so I then did a comparison between my Exilim 7.2, 8.2, and the EX-Z1000 the clear winner is the EX-Z750 followed by the Ex-Z850 and in the rear of the pack the EX-Z1000. At this time I will continue to use my 7.2 and 8.2mp Exilims and I will be giving my EX-Z1000 as a Xmas gift to someone, due to the fact I can't return the camera without a restocking fee... My final review is, skip the EX-Z1000 get the EX-Z750 its the best value, takes great pix, and the best video movies for a camera of it's size... Until the next new Casio Exilim... Have a Great Day! PCMD
on June 10, 2006
again i must agree with the other review and say this camera is great . You cant just take a few pictures and call the camera bad. Read the manual and learn how to properly set the camera and you will be amazed how great photos come out. Nice and compact size where it can fit in your pocket but this camera has so many options and is able to take crystal clear pictures. Worried about the screen put a screen protector on it. Anybody with a digital camera and some sense to them will realize any screen can be scratched. Had a previous casio and glad i upgraded to this. Worth the cheap price and pictures are by far the best i have seen for a "point and shoot" highly recommended.
on June 10, 2006
Casio, which has made a series of extremely good Exilim series cameras, has made some odd tradeoffs with this one just to get to 10MP. While the resolution goes from 8MP on the EX-Z850 to 10MP with this one, the movie mode does not get any better (VGA) and both the photos and movies suddenly take up much more space. No I'm not talking about 10MP vs. 8MP. Compare the size of photos at 5MP from EX-Z750 vs. EX-Z1000 and the Z1000 will only be able to take 70% of the photos of the Z750 with the same size SD card. And you get 12min of movie on Z1000 where you get 22min on Z750, even though it's same 640x480 resolution. On top of that the NEWER Z1000 is 25fps while the older model is 30fps. What's up with that? It's in the fine print in the manual. Also, while the resolution is a bit better, the Z1000 comes out overly contrasty and sometimes blurry from overexposed highlights - this is shooting with identical settings and under identical conditions. As a loyal Exilim user up to now, I was disappointed by this one and plan to return it and stick with my older model.
0Comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2006
I have an Exilim 1000 for about a week now, I started without reading the manual, got many incredible prints, the best I have ever seen out of any digital camera, the difference between those and the rest is the 10 megapixs, make a huge difference, even printing on a 4 x 6 the difference is so obvious, the manual is on the cd, it must be run on the Adobe Reader, ok, so no big deal.

I few things I did,nt know were easy to fine and learn, I have had many digal cameras, unfortunately, most were not up to what I expect,the Casio is u there all by itself, battery life is excellent, just to many nice features go into here. Notice on the reviews that many people had negatives about it, well,maybe they got early ones or whatever, all I can say is the Casio is outstanding, I am sure that in the months to come especially before Christmas, all the manufacturers will come out with pocket sized 10 megapix or more cameras.
on September 24, 2006
the casio ex-z1000 is really out of it's league, i have worked and held many cameras and none are quite as light, or that can even compare! It has 10.1 MP which is awesome quality, so you are asured that every picture is priceless, and although it only has 3x it deserves MUCH MORE CREDIT!! it has been depicted so awful by some people and I don't understand why. It is good quality, light, has alot of 'self-doing' things such as shutter speed, lighting and so forths, lots of automatics, red eye reduction RIGHT ON THE CAMERA! so no need to go to a place and have it done, and you can crop and do alot of things right on the camera! It is wonderful, and although I am a big cannon fan, i think I will be sticking with casio, they are way out of everyones leagure GREAT BUY! I don't regret any of the money i spent or anything at all about the camera, it acts so fast and is a great camera! I brag about it all the time, and have not been biased in anything you ask, i'll answer!
on October 19, 2006
Smart & High Performance Camera....Super compact, classy design (Eva-10 hard case fits a bit tight hight-wise but protects the camera very nice) super light-weigth, excellent quality of images at day, with flash, with low light (grain controled by changing ISO and practicing), nice optical zoom, amaaaazing macro (see things you havent seen in your plants), antishake function helps shaky hands, super fast to start up, super simple and intuitive to understand, browse and set up, easy to access predetermined "best shots", ready to use with Macs and Ipods. Huuuuge screen to see your pix. Video is nice quality (optical zoom disabled in video). Long lasting battery. Fits 120 10MP pix (or 6 to 28 minutes of video) in a 512 MB SD card. Base plugs 3 cables (usb, electric, video), keep it in your desk, snap your camera in, click one button and you are ready to download/print/watch a slide show in your tv. Comes with basic printed manual and CD with manual in 7 lenguages (260+ pages each)... do you really want printed manuals? (quit wasting paper!), You noticed you can (dont HAVE to, but CAN) shoot 10 Megapixels? (in case you want to have a 9x12 in 300 dpi image)... sweet !!! Did you see that price tag? :-D

See 1 answered question