Published on June 2, 2012 by Mr. Luigi

1.0 out of 5 stars previous version was way better
I bought this for work (high-speed packaging equipment) in order to diagnose mechanical problems. I had the previous version of this camera and loved it. Unfortunately I dropped it and had to buy a replacement. The previous model being discontinued i had to purchase this one. Since it's newer I naturally assumed that the functionality had improved. I was wrong. They...
Published 23 months ago by Andreas Alemou

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera with unique slow mo functionality. AWESOME SELLER!, June 2, 2012
This review is from: Casio High Speed Exilim Ex-zr200 Digital Camera Black Ex-zr200bk (Electronics)
I bought this camera because it had the ability to take slow motion video at a price point that I could afford. If slow motion video is a need of yours (sports, science experiments, etc.) but your pocket book can't handle the price point of more pro-consumer products this camera deserves a very, very hard look. I have mentioned in replies to an earlier reviewer that I was disappointed this camera is still not available via a USA vendor. Because of unique circumstances, I couldn't wait any longer for a US merchant to offer this camera so I bought it through from Asuka, Inc. through Amazon. OMG! I have NEVER received a product so meticulously packed...and I do my fair share of online shopping. I bought two of these cameras from Asuka and the packing of the contents was closer to a Work of Art than a way to deliver products in the mail. I even received a hand written, in English!, note from a representative of the company thanking me for my business and to contact him if I had any questions. There was also very clear directions provided to change the language setting in the camera from Japanese to English. The contents arrived in pristine condition and I will never again have reservations in buying products delayed to the US market if they are offered by Asuka. I am sorry about going on and on about the seller. But, if others are like me, there is reluctance at buying a product like this (again, really 2) from a non-USA vendor without a USA warrantee. Buying from Asuka through Amazon has completely changed my mind in this regard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this only to make slow motion clips of sprint training, June 24, 2012
This casio works great for slo mo clips at certain speeds outdoors. Specifically, the 240 FPS looks great. The 480 and 1000 FPS have a lot of noise. I train for 100 meter events for Masters track and field. I only use the camera at 240 FPS because that makes my 12 second run into a video clip that's about a minute and a half. I can see the flaws in my running form very clearly. Since I only use the camera for this purpose, I can't rate the other functions.

I took the lead of another reviewer and bought the camera from Asuka in Japan, since Amazon doesn't stock it. I think it's currently unavailable in the US. Like the other reviewer mentioned, they packed it meticulously and I had it in five days. They sent a HANDWRITTEN note on origami paper thanking me for doing business with them! They also included high end Hashi chopsticks in the package as a 'Thank you'. Very impressive, to say the least.

I should mention that the camera menu opened in Japanese. Asuka had the foresight to include written instructions with pictures explaining how to change the language to English. Took 30 seconds. Love those guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars it is an excellent product and takes rapid shot photos with a small size camara and great pictures., May 17, 2012
A great product for the photographer wanabe who wants to take professional level photos.
Especially good for sports shots - the rapid shot is almost like a slow motion video,except
you can get the individual photos in clear, crisp definition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome High Speed Camera, April 9, 2013
This is my favorite camera I have ever used. It has all sorts of fun things on there like HS for high speed, 12.5x zoom, and lots of other stuff to. The main reason I bought this camera was for the high speed. It has 120fps, 240fps, 480fps, and 1,000fps. The 120fps has good quality videos and not full of noise. 240fps also has good quality videos but has just a tiny bit of noise. 480fps is okay it still is pretty cool it is probably the one I use the most but also has some noise. And finally 1,000fps, it it about 50% good of image quality but with the most noise. It is also cool but only a strip is filmed. The the 480 and the 1000fps have shown me an air soft bullet fly past the camera. With 120 and 240fps they have shown me water droplets and water balloons exploding. This is a very nice camera and if anyone wants a high speed camera but not wanting to pay thousands of dollars this is the one to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of features to explore, June 25, 2012
B. Driver (Orcutt, California) - See all my reviews
This review is more for the seller than the camera, as I just got it and I have a lot to learn. Like other reviewers, I got the camera quick: 7 days from the date I ordered it, all the way from Japan. It was packed well, included directions on how to change the menu to english, a hand written thank you note, and some chopsticks!

This camera is packaged for the Japanese market, and the manual is in Japanese. You can download the English manual from the Casio website here: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera out there!!! (Dont forget the high speed too!!!), August 22, 2012
Christopher E. Huerd (OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this camera because i've been wanting a high speed camera for my youtube videos and personal use that didnt cost an arm and a leg. Although this product is not available via a USA vendor I bought it through from Asuka, Inc. through Amazon. First off recieving somthing staight for Japan was cool. The box had Japanese shipping labels and i watch it on Amazon tracker go through customs in Alaska. The Packing was very thorough. a box within a box with peanuts all around it wrapped in paper. On top of all of that there was a pair of Japanese chop sticks (Really nices ones too) and an envelope with a hand written, in English from a representative of the company thanking me for my business and to contact him if I had any questions and saying he looks fowards to talking to me aswell, also there was also very clear directions provided to change the language setting in the camera from Japanese to English. That was still confusing but i found it when i saw the word "English" in the menus. LOL. But the shipping only took 3 days and the packing is one of the best packages i have recieved. The personal touch with the letter and chopsticks not to metion the best camera/high speed video recorder left me wanting me to buy something else from Ausuka Inc. The pictures and videos i have been taking are hands donw the best ive ever seen and the countless hours of fun and testing with the high speed camera is worth the money. Even if you dont use the high speed to camera blows anything out the water for quality and pictures. Thank you Amazon and Asuka Inc!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars High-speed video excellent for analyzing tennis strokes, April 1, 2013
L. Gingras (Pacific Grove, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I'm completely not a camera guy, but this camera has a features --- particularly what they call 'Best Shot' --- that makes it very easy to set-up the camera for good shots. The panorama feature is amazing. The high-speed video (ranging up to 1000 frames per second, fps) is amazing.

This camera has several settings for fps. 480 fps is excellent for analyzing tennis strokes using the camera as the play-back device, because speed is sufficient and the field of view is large enough not to require a tripod. 1000 fps is very fun, but pretty much requires a tripod and shot-planning because the field of view is long and narrow. It's easy to calculate ball speeds of at least 130 miles per hour by filming at 1000fps with a meter stick placed w/i the field of view, play-back software that lets you advance frame by frame (e.g., Windows Medial Player Classic), and a little algebra.

I'm using this camera to help a High School tennis team improve more rapidly than otherwise. I wish I'd bought this years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Exilim High Speed, August 16, 2013
This is my third Casio and I am very happy with it. Simple to use and take good pictures. The special effects is great and video taking us just excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice features, January 24, 2013
Nice camera! Happy with all the features and high speed shooting. This is my first Casio and I'm very happy with it so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, December 29, 2012
I used it mostly for my kids tennis training. It does better job than I expected. The slow motion works very well. HDR is also a surprise for me.