5.0 out of 5 stars super fast camera
The main reason why i got this camera is for its high speed video mode, after playing with it for a bit it definitely has alot more to offer.
Published 18 months ago by kev

1.0 out of 5 stars Please be aware
Published 21 months ago by GMTG522

5.0 out of 5 stars super fast camera, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Casio High Speed Exilim Ex-zr300 Digital Camera White Ex-zr300we (Electronics)
The high speed video shoots at 1000fps , not too many other cameras even come close to that in this price range. The zoom is amazing, and it has a auto tracking focus that rocks. The HDR ART mode takes the photo and makes the colors very interesting. This one shipped with a Japanese user Manuel and when you boot it up for the first time it will be Japanese. its really easy to press menu and select English though. The English Manuel is online at Casio's site. Has a night shot feature for low light that doesn't need flash. If your looking for a high speed video camera to make slow motion vids, I can't recommend this enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, okay support, April 16, 2013
The CASIO Exilim line of cameras has served me well as a casual camera for a long time, and this is the fourth time I've upgraded inside the line. This time I went for the import model, to get all the bells and whistles.

The camera is great, but when I ran into a charging issue, this vendor was completely unable to help. The advised me to contact Casio, who advised me that as it was an import camera, and I am in North America, all I could do would be to send it in and hope they could get parts. The vendor did not offer replacement until the very end of our back-and-forth, when I mentioned this Amazon review would be coming.

I waited to post until all was complete. Thankfully, Casio was VERY helpful, and so you can not really fault the vendor for being unable to troubleshoot. This review is intended both for future purchasers, and for the vendor themselves -- the camera can not charge over USB to a PC, it will drain the battery. If the battery is allowed to drain /completely/, the camera may be unable to recharge the battery at all, an external charger may be needed. Casio recharged and re-tested my camera, and then returned it to me at no charge.

The pictures it takes are great, low light is good, and the high speed shutter mode is fun. It only comes with 220v plugs for the charger, but the charger itself is world-voltage and will work on 110v, you just need an adapter. The Casio external battery charger may be a better plan, I haven't picked it up yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Exlim Ex-zr300, November 11, 2012
Very nice little camera that packs a ton of features. All of the features are simple to learn and use. Only complaint would be the user manual came in Chinese so I had to download a 100 page manual to read and learn about the camera. Shipping took less than a week, much faster than expected. Recommend this camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Slow-Motion Camera, April 15, 2013
This camera is amazing, and I use it much more than my camcorder. The full-HD video looks great, and the slow-motion footage is incredible. For the price range that you are paying, the quality is great. The pictures look great as well! Very inexpensive camera with so many features. If you would like to see some slow-motion footage, check out my YouTube channel! (Nathanjamesberger)

4.0 out of 5 stars High Speed Sport Cam, September 19, 2013
Bought this camera just for sports applications. I really needed a high-speed camera for slo-motion analysis at 1000 fps. What I found was that even at 240 fps, the slo-mo quality was awesome. Great camera for golf and bowling swing analysis!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera, June 2, 2013
Shipping was great and fast (from Japan). Switching the language wasn't a problem. The camera works as expected. I'm happy with the high speed function which is one of the main reasons I chose this camera. Just remember if you are going high speed, you need lots of LIGHT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great features and fast delivery, November 19, 2013
I bought the camera for the high speed feature but have found it to be full of other easy to use features. I was a bit concerned before buying it that it is sold directly from a firm in Japan but it arrived in only a few days after placing the order. I really like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, October 8, 2013
I've just finished charging this camera, so will update later.
Thank you to all who mentioned that the User Manual is in Japanese! I simply downloaded the User Guide in English from Casio's website, and saved it to my computer. No problem to set the camera language to English. :)
It includes an AC Adapter, which is fine for American or other charging, as it is 110 - 240 volts input, which covers everyone. It also includes a USB charging cable, which takes longer to charge using your computer, but otherwise is fine.
Can't wait to grab some photo's!

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow motion movie at a very competitive price., June 23, 2013
I ordered this in mid-May from Japan. I received within 15 days or in about 2 weeks.
It would be very difficult to find this camera with the features I was looking for at such low price around the World.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please be aware, December 18, 2012
Apparently after two week you will receive a bill from the shipping company for duties and taxes. According to fedex they can assign shipper can mark a box and make you liable to pay these fees. At the shippers discretion. So whatever the price of the item please add an additional $14 to it for tax on a $323 item. The reason I rate this a 1 is because the seller should have disclosed this information and made me aware of it.

Rate and Discover Movies