Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon May 20, 2006
1999 - one of my other watches had a broken glass - so, I was looking for some watch, which I can use for 1 or 2 months before I can buy a fancy one. I was driving on I35 in Austin, drove into a walmart, saw a couple of watches and made a quick decision to buy this casio which then costed me about $14.

7 years have went by, I never bought another watch - I have received a few watches as gift during product promotions etc. But this is the best. It is on my wrist atleast 15 hours a day - office, sports (not swimming), special occasions ...

It is a fully functional, no-nonsense watch - Illuminator, alarm, large format display of time, day and date on the same screen.

My friends cautioned me against using the illuminator and the alarm - saying that it might reduce battery life. But, I have abused this watch more than anybody else could do, set daily alarms, use the illuminator maybe 4-5 times a month ... - I had to replace the watch strap once due to my misuse.

I have no plans of replacing this watch until the battery lasts. After the battery dies, planning to buy a new one - ofcourse it will be a casio (or maybe a citizen ecodrive).
33 comments74 of 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2006
I've been wearing this watch for over a year now, and I've been quite satisfied. Here are all the disadvantages I could think of. I think this list would be longer for other watches -- I am just nitpicking.

1. Sometimes the button to switch between AM/PM and 24-hour time gets accidentally pressed, so I have to press it again to change it back.

2. The illumination button serves a double purpose as a reset button. I think having two separate buttons would be a little nicer.

3. The rubber ring into which the strap goes just broke, so I am buying a new one of these.

But I think this is watch is really up there in its class for a number of reasons:

1. I think it looks elegant, solid black with some blue, even though wearing a cheap digital watch is not very macho.

2. The backlight is great. It's not one of those crappy little green bulbs. It's an even, easy to see, cyan glow, and it doesn't even get washed out by the sun on a typical day. Very nicely done.

3. The display is very nice, as another reviewer mentioned. The digits are crisp, and a good size. The normal display shows the day of the week and day of the month -- very handy.

Overall, I am impressed. They got a lot of things right that most digital watches screw up. It's nice and well-designed, and very inexpensive.
22 comments51 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2008
I purchased this watch as a replacement. It is a great, inexpensive, sports watch. The screen illumination is really bright and easy to read. I like that it is not as bulky as the current "in fashion" watches are.

I ended up returning it because it didn't have a feature which I use a lot, and thought all of the Casio digital watches had, which is a countdown timer. Except for that, I would have kept it. The original watch I had from Casio had is still available, but has a very dim light, so it is difficult to read. I ended up getting the W-93, which has a bright backlight, and countdown timer, but is a little more bulky.
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2009
I decided a few months ago that I needed an another wrist watch in addition to my Seiko. I didn't really want to spend much, I just needed something that was going to be simple, easy to read, included a few basic functions (stopwatch, alarm, light, 24hr time etc.), but most of all was CLASSIC!

Of course, I looked no further than an original design by Casio, and the F105W was watch to watch. A good sturdy design, made well from excellent materials, well sized, and is actually quite comfortable to wear. Basic and conservative design is accompanied by user-friendly functions. The beep on the watch is very audible and distinct, but still discreet enough to not stand out too much. The manual was also well written and took about 5 seconds to get all the info from it.

Being a fan of all things 80s, I had to get it, and the fact that it was so cheap made it a 100% sale. The light is the perfect colour for darkness, and provides total clarity when viewing under illumination. Also the interface is set out well, and all functions and displays are all in logical positions. A total hit with all my friends, and would suit any arm on any person.

In conclusion, I couldn't be happier. If you're looking for a simple yet classic watch, this is the one to use. You can check out other models higher up in the Casio range that have higher levels of water resistance and even stainless-steel construction, but if you just want a black digital wrist watch with no strings attached, grab an F105W Illuminator, and you'll be set!
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2008
Great Watch! I have smaller wrists and this watch not only fits but looks great!! It's very light and ,working on bikes alot and being very active, it's nice to have such a cheap yet sturdy timepiece!
on March 19, 2015
Don't let the price fool you, this is an awesome watch. The face is durable, easy to read, offers only what you need, and lights well. I have worn the watch washing dishes, swimming, etc. with no issues. The band is comfortable and fits a wide range of wrist sizes (my wrist is 5.5").
review image
on December 30, 2007
The Casio F105W-1AWCF Men's digital watch presents a lot of features like regular timekeeping, hour, minute, second, am/pm, day, 12/24-hour formats Accuracy - +- 30 seconds per month, battery that last 7 years
Electro-luminescent backlight, 1/100 seconds stopwatch Measuring mode - net time, split time, 1st-2nd place times and daily alarm

Pros:
Easy to set up all presented feactures
The electro-luminescent backlight (the blue light) much better than the dim green backlight.
Wrist band is antiallergic. Who has problems with metal or leather, this is the right answer.
The seven years battery is great feacture.
Price is really convenient for all these above feactures.

Conts: Lateral buttoms, sometimes changes the display when you move your wrist (flexion. The buttoms could be protected like the other Casio databank models.
The wristband does not last for long (about 6 to 12 months) depending on your use (like handling chemicals or washing your hands with detergents).
The original Casio-wristband available in the web is more expansive than the watch.
In overall it is a great watch from Casio if you are looking for confort, functionallity and simplicity in a watch.
on December 6, 2008
My G-Shock that I've had for years was beginning to show its age, and since I couldn't find a good wristband for it, I picked up one of these. I'm sure it can't take the beating of my G-Shock, but it's lighter, smaller, and doesn't get caught in sleeves or gloves. It has a nice, clear display and is easy to set- things I can't say about my G-Shock (mostly based on the stiff plastic buttons on the G). Well worth the price if you're looking for a no-frills, solid watch.
on March 6, 2008
For as long as I can remember (10+ years), I've used this watch, and I plan on continuing to do so until it is discontinued. It's the perfect blend of simplicity and utility--it has all the necessary features (date, backlight illumination, alarm, stopwatch) and none of the useless ones. I've never had any problems related to the battery dying or the watch not working, despite banging it every so often. I do have three minor complaints, however, which is why the the watch gets only 4 stars. First, the watch band tends to break after ~2 years, so you need to buy a $10 replacement at a local jeweler. Second, after ~3-4 years, the place where the band meets the watch head breaks, and you need to replace the entire watch. Finally, the watch tends to gain time (~1-2 minutes a year, in my experience).

Still, the quality for this price can't be beat. If you want a simple but elegant and effective digital watch, this is the one to get.
on May 1, 2011
ok. so im 40. just the right age to remember this watch as a teenager. needed a watch for work and wanted something cool. searched around and found this. ok...gotta admit i dig the style. retro as hell, cool, the black/blue is awesome and the light is brilliant. im a total geek and proud of it....no regrets.

lets just talk about the watch. ive had it two weeks now. no problem with showering with it on. none. extremely comfortable on the wrist. the light is awesome and provides plenty of light. can't speak for the longevity but sometimes you just know that something is pretty well made...and i get that feeling. during these two weeks i have put it through it and it has stuck in there. definetly feel the quality is there. the strap, however, does feel cheap....that is a fact. i secretly like that. i mean, its a retro watch...its gonna be cheap and plastic. thats the charm....

overall...i love this watch. cant beat the price. totally buying the basic calculator watch now to round out my nerdo collection.

get this watch. its extremely well made. totally retro. and the quality is there.

and hell, when the band does break in a couple of years....no worries. its a cheap piece of history and i think that rocks.

no regrets..