5.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive watch
-large digits, great legibility
-long strap for larger wrists
-mineral crystal

Negatives:
-no count down timer, but I don't care.
-paint on face is coming off after about a year.

Great watch.
Published on August 23, 2011 by John Doe

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Price is right and it works.
Published 2 months ago by Jim Dale

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive watch, August 23, 2011
This review is from: Casio Men's F108WH Illuminator Collection Black Resin Strap Digital Watch (Watch)
Positives:
-large digits, great legibility
-long strap for larger wrists
-mineral crystal

Negatives:
-no count down timer, but I don't care.
-paint on face is coming off after about a year.

Great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Basics!, September 15, 2011
TheBronze (Montebello, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I just received this watch today after ordering it on Amazon and all I can say is WOW! A great, back to basics, easy to read watch at a stellar price. I've been wearing G-Shocks for years but they are now getting so big that I feel like they should be on my ankle (reporting my location to a parole officer) rather than on my wrist. For all the size, indestructibility, and various functions of the G-Shock most of us still just use it to tell time. Do we really need a watch that can survive falling from buildings, submersion to 20,000 feet, explosions, fire, floods, and locust? probably not. When this watch came out I was really please that Casio was making a watch with the basic time telling features, in a smaller, lighter package and at a reasonable cost. The watch looks great! It's not too busy or juvenile looking and the face layout is logical and simple. The size is perfect! It's big enough to be easy to read but is very light on the wrist. It's very very comfortable and the band is finally big enough for a full size guy. The lug width looks like its either 16 or 18mm's so it will be easy to find replacement bands for it. Overall I think Casio has a real winner here!

UPDATE: I've now had this watch seven months and its still going strong! The paint on the top and bottom of the bezel is gone, but the watch looks fine without it. There are a few scratches but this is to be expected. This has become by everyday go-to watch. I wear it to work and pretty much all the time unless I'm getting dressed up for something. Still love the simple things in life!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Working Person's Watch, June 15, 2014
The official statistics indicate that this watch should remain accurate to within half a second per month; but in the first month since I’ve started wearing it, it’s gained four seconds. That’s a pretty modest gain, meaning it’ll pick up less than a minute in an entire year, and since the gain is predictable, I can easily adjust accordingly. But that’s the first thing I think about when considering this watch, and something you need to consider in buying.

It has other, very beneficent qualities, too. For instance, it has a very narrow profile, making it a good watch for people working jobs where chunky mechanical watches are contraindicated. I work in a factory, and sometimes have to wrap my arms around heavy loads to lift them, so I appreciate the narrow, unobtrusive structure and flexible rubber wristband. It’s very, very difficult to damage this watch, which matters if time is an issue at work.

Also, though it’s multi-function, it has only three buttons, making for easy use. It comes with a manual, but it’s formatted really small, hard to read if you’re past a certain age; just experiment around, and it’ll work out nicely for you. The date function appears on the same readout as the time, so you don’t have to fumble with buttons to double-check today’s date. And the LCD readout is plenty large and legible, even for aging types like me.

In short, this is a decent watch, more desirable for practical use than fashion. For the dying fraction of us who’d rather check our wrists than fish out our cell phones whenever we want to check the time, this is a pretty handy watch. Though not for everybody, particularly people with fashion-conscious, sitting-down-type jobs, this is a serviceable, useful, unobtrusive, and reasonably priced watch for blue collar work. Which is what I need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic watch, October 5, 2013
The watch is thin and light and easy to wear. It's a basic watch and it all works well. The light is the basic yellow light that comes on on the side, which I wish was better.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a tough little watch, April 30, 2014
I own a fancy, $300+ GPS watch (from another manufacturer) that does everything and I love it, but when it comes to endurance, you can't beat this little Casio watch. About 3 years ago, I was helping a buddy of mine move and found the Casio in a drawer. I was like "Hey, you want this?" and he told me I could have it, that it wasn't that expensive. So I took it, expecting it to go dead at any moment. Boy was I wrong. Seeing as how this watch was my "beater watch" that I wouldn't miss if anything happened to it, I wore it to my first Tough Mudder race. It held up, then the screen blanked out after the ice-bath obstacle. I thought the watch was dead, so I tossed it aside when I got home. A day later, I hear beeps and it had come back to life. This watch has been through FOUR Tough Mudders, through mud, fire, water, and ice, and mile after grimy mile.... it is STILL alive and well. This little inexpensive Casio has outperformed and outlasted other watches I've owned that are 10 times the price. Yeah, it's a pretty basic watch, but damn if it isn't tough!

5.0 out of 5 stars really love this watch., December 28, 2013
Michael L (Manorville, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I have a lot of watches but this is the one I wear everyday. I can't explain it. I just love it. It reminds me of the one I had as a kid in the 80s but fits an adult. I never thought I'd be using a digital watch but I really like the precision of it, knowing exactly what time it is. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio F108WH Black, September 2, 2013
This product arrived early. I love the simplicity of it and the slightly larger face/strap shares a resemblance to those trendy G-Shocks at a fraction of the cost :))

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, missing a countdown, September 21, 2011
This watch is great for the price. It's simple, easy to navigate, and the screen's contrast is AMAZING. The only thing that I was eh about is that it's missing a countdown timer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 7, 2014
Price is right and it works.

4.0 out of 5 stars great watch !! its a classic, June 20, 2014
I love this watch had one when I was younger just got another one .. Great price great performance great buy.

Rate and Discover Movies