Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's F201WA-1A Black Resin Digital Sport Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 2, 2011
A good value for the price. For those who are wondering, the 5th "snooze alarm" offers all the functionality of the other 4, plus the OPTION of using it as a snooze alarm, per your preference.

My only caution: The buttons aren't recessed or shielded, so they do tend to get pressed by accident.
review image
on April 7, 2010
This unit has a fairly large display, which is helpful for those over 40 like me. Very useful feature of having five alarms, which can even be set for a particular date.
on January 19, 2011
If you just need a good and inexpensive time peice,this watch will fit the bill. I just need the basics-the display shows it. I wish the digital read out was just a bit larger. The 1 second light is too quick to read at night time. Other functions on the watch are nice to have for its price. The band is comfortable to wear. Overall, I'm happy with it.
on July 19, 2012
PROS:
It's cheap. Has hourly chime (if you set it), five alarms and all of them can be set to repeat every day or be a one-time only thing on a given day. One alarm (only one) has a snooze function that repeats alarm every five minutes for seven intervals. The beeping is robust, but not enough to wake you if you are deeply asleep or sleep deprived, but it will work like a charm after you have slept your fill. So, when you definitely have to wake up, don't forget to set a regular radio alarm clock as backup to go off after the 35 minute-snooze period. Screen size is good. Countdown feature is great: one countdown alarm that can be set for up to 24 hours and for no less than one minute. Also has a chronograph. Has large buttons, and as you cycle through the modes they all emit a chime and a different chime comes on when you hit the neutral, time screen, which is great for poorer vision.
CONS:
The light is nothing to be amazed at. If you have good eyes you'll be able to see the time at night. It's just a yellow side light that goes on for one second to save on power. I hate the dual time and the way it cannot be disabled because I don't need it. Annoyances: as others have stated, the 24/12 setting is ridiculously easily changed (I use my watch on the inward side, so it has happened maybe twice a month, not often). Also, if you leave the watch inadvertently in another, non-neutral-timepiece mode, it stays there forever until you return it manually. I've had Casios that return you automatically after a time and also, if you are not going to cycle all the modes, after a time the watch used to return you to the default screen automatically. Not water resistant much, but I've had it for about a month and I shower and wash dishes with it with no problems. Wouldn't swim with it.
MY WISH FOR THE FUTURE:
I wish this watch had several countdown timers and the ability to do interval timing for interval training. Other Casios do, but they don't have the five alarms and snooze function.
on April 13, 2012
I've owned this watch for four years and I really like it. It's attractive, though it's not a watch to wear on more formal occasions. It's lightweight and very comfortable on the wrist (you don't even know you have it on). It has a large, easy-to-read display that's not crowded with extraneous information. It has a convenient light which comes in very handy at night and in theaters. I rarely use the alarms but it's good to have them if needed. My only issue with the watch is that the resin band broke. However, I like the watch so much that I ordered a new band!
on April 26, 2012
4/26/12: Whoa; I just opened the box and am disappointed. I am a senior and purchased this watch to replace an easy-to-read 25 year-old metal Casio that also has a day-date display. I was hoping this new watch would be easy to read day or night, thin, and lightweight. Well, at least it's lightweight. The display, however, is "muddy" depending on viewing angle. Reflections add to the problem. Night illumination is a bip-light in the lower-left corner and does not backlight the display.

This watch has many functions, which just makes the 4 control buttons difficult for me to use. The price was downright cheap, but rather than 5 different alarm settings, how about more practicallity? - - - - - - Note: Delivery was fast and free.(!)

I will keep the watch and use it on my next red-eye plane trip (plastic watches do not trip TSA metal detectors), but I doubt I will wear it much outside that. I need reading glasses to see the date. Next time I will buy a Timex (higher cost but better backlighting).

Baty - Sacramento CA
66 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2014
This is a very high functioning watch for the price.
It's not glamorous, except in a retro sense, but it's doubtful anyone would bother stealing it, either.
It is true that the alarm beep can be a little hard to hear in a noisy environment, or if you're asleep with it on your wrist and your arm is under a bunch of blankets. Otherwise, while not super loud, you should be able to hear it. For me, if it's something really important, I will set multiple alarms (especially alarm #1 which has the snooze function) and the countdown timer so that it keeps beeping at me periodically.
I've had the watch for four months on the original battery. So far so good, and I use the alarms, countdown timer and hourly chime every day.
Having 5 alarms, instead of one, is a great convenience so you can choose which ones to activate, rather than constantly changing the alarm time.
The light is a little green light from the bottom left corner. It provides ample light to see the time in the dark. It's not fancy like indiglo, etc. But it works. It only remains lit for about 1.5 seconds. Even if you keep the light button pressed it will turn off. I assume that is to save battery and to prevent you from trying to use it as a micro flashlight. One quirk with the light which annoys me is that the light turns off when you press any other button. This makes it a little hard to set an alarm in the dark, for example. Instead, you have to turn on the light and then count your button presses and then turn the light back on to verify. It's not a really big deal, but it's annoying.
When pressing the mode button the watch puts out a little beep. The pitch of the beep is higher when it returns to the primary time screen. I find this to be useful when I want to make sure that it is not in any of the other screens so that I don't accidentally make changes to things like the alarms or countdown timer and I either don't want to look down at my wrist... or when it's dark and pressing any button would turn off the light (as mentioned above).
I don't foresee any problems with the band, although I haven't had it long enough to really say. I wear it a lot and am not exactly gentle with it. No band problems or screen scratches yet.
I do like that it is thinner than most other similar watches.
-----
Edit:
I was wrong about the light turning off when you press any other button. It only turns off by button press by way of the "mode" (bottom left) button.
Owned now for just over 10 months. No sign of battery running low.
I do still marvel somewhat that I have not managed to scratch the face, yet. I have banged it against stuff pretty hard while working, etc. Of course, now that I've jinxed it, I will probably drop a bit of hamburger bun on it at the "glass" will shatter. Note to self, don't eat any hamburgers today.
-----
Update:
Addressing the question about the countdown timer, it does have an auto-repeat ("A.RPT" on the screen) which will cause the countdown time to reset upon reaching zero and begin counting down another interval of the same duration. Great function. So you can have it beep at you every ten minutes, for example. Useful for interval training, perhaps. I set it to 28 minutes to prompt me to move on to the next task instead of spending all day editing my reviews on Amazon.

Alas, after 13 months of ownership with near daily wear (and often wearing to bed, but never it the shower) part of the case cracked where the band pins go in. I don't really know how it happened. I don't remember hitting the watch on anything, I just looked down and noticed it. At first I thought it was the band failing, but the band is actually still in great condition. I was able to carefully apply superglue and it seems to be holding just fine now after a few weeks. You read about this happening to Casio watches every now and then, so I suppose it is just par for the course. I was able to fix it easily, but the price of the watch also has not changed since I bought it. Replacing it would be cheap and certainly something I would consider if I wasn't able to repair it.
Original battery still works. Still no scratches on the face.
on February 15, 2015
This a great, inexpensive, simple, and reliable watch. I'm about 6 months into usage, 40hrs per week (worn at work, where it seems some abuse) and I've been very happy with it's performance and durability. It is very comfortable to wear, super light-weight; I forget I'm even wearing it. I do have to point out the sub-optimal viewing angle. You really need to be within about a 30-40 degree angle to see the time clearly. Also, I do find that the buttons get pressed by accident every now and again. Overall though, for a $10 watch, it serves my purposes and I'm happy.
on January 9, 2012
I have to take medication three times a day therefore I wanted a watch that could do this. This watch does everything I wanted albeit it took me several attempts to set the alarms but that could be me !
It is a nice size watch with easy to read display and has a good loud audible alarm, an excellent purchase for the price.
on February 18, 2013
I got it especially for the five alarms to remind me to take medication at the right times every day without having to reset the watch after each one for the next one. I have five time to take pills and there are five alarms! Works terrifically. I was surprised to find that one alarm is also one that can be set to let you snooze just like a typical alarm clock. And you can set alarms for a particular day of the month or day or the year, like the day before wedding anniversary or mother-in-law's birthday so you can be sure you are ready, year after year without trying to remember. The light works wonderfully. The style is basic black and the band is very soft pleasant rubbery stuff. A wonderful bargain for the price.