5.0 out of 5 stars Cant beat it for the price.
Published on August 24, 2010 by DaBrandoChipper

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this.
I bought this calculator august 29th,2014 and October 9th, stop working, the screen only shows black and stripes, besides I had to change the batteries about 20 days later I bought it, and I am only taking math classes twice a week.I was really happy at first, has nice features but really bad quality. And I couldn't return it because seller only gives you 30 days to do...
Published 2 months ago by Mariana

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant beat it for the price., August 24, 2010
This review is from: Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator (Office Product)
There are a few cons with this calculator, but due to the price, I will not deduct a star for them. For one, the print on the screen is not as pretty as a Ti and the calculation speed for large calculations may be a tad slower than an 84. It also isnt as easily programmable, but who cares? The functionality of the device is very intuitive and many problems can be done without the aid of the book. The way the menus are designed allows some problems to be done much quicker than on the Ti. For instance, if you are doing probability calculations that involve the combination "C(n,r)" fucntion, that function becomes one of the "function keys". Hence, every time you need to access that function within a problem, it is already there. On the Ti, that function is buried in menus and you have to maneuver through those menus every time you need to access the function, thereby making the problem more laborious.

If by chance you ever do need the book, which is inevitable, you will see the biggest area where Casio has a leg up on Ti. The books that come with Ti calculators are notoriously useless and are of little to no help. The Casio documentation, on the other hand, is extremely helpful. Functions are easy to find and understand. The book is well organized with easy to follow examples. Casio could teach Ti a thing or two (or a thousand) about helpful documentation.

For [...] bucks, this calculator is amazing!

AN UPDATE: I have been using this calculator for quite a while now and there is a point in my review that needs correcting. There are NO functions or calculations that are slower on this calculator than on the Ti-84. This calculator is quite fast and efficient. If I were to lose my Ti-89, my Ti-Inspire, my Ti-84, and this calculator, THIS one would be the first I would replace.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bargain in a graphics calculator, October 1, 2009
This review is from: Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator (Office Product)
Casio has been upgrading their graphics calculators for years. This most recent release of the 9750 model- the Casio fx 9750 GII-
is a huge break through in reasonably priced calculators. For starters, it costs about 50.00. It is now a mathematical subset of their more powerful 9860 models, typically priced from 80.00 to 100.00. All kinds of data, from statistical to programs to matrices can be transferred among the various models. The output is identical.
The screen is highly readable in all kinds of lighting situations. The unit is a bit smaller and more compact, but the keys are
easily used. I actually prefer the size of this calculator to any of my other Casio and TI models- including the Casio Slim. There is a complete range of statistical tests, intervals, and regression models. The conics graphs have been expanded greatly. Using complex numbers is easily accomplished.
For short, this is the best buy I have ever seen in graphics calculators. If it's your first, you can't go wrong. If you already have one ( or several) get one of these. It is really fantastic!
Be sure to compare this calculator to the newest Casio- the Casio Prizm.
Prizm FX-CG10 Color Graphing Calculator (Black)
You may ultimately want to invest in both of these fine calculators!

5.0 out of 5 stars Got my daughter through Honors Statistics, June 13, 2013
A. Lipkin (Watertown, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator (Office Product)
I bought this three years ago when my daughter's high school teacher said she needed a calculator. Money was (and remains) tight, and the reviews seemed to indicate that this would work. For the first two years, my daughter's needs weren't that significant, and frankly, almost any scientific calculator would have done the trick. But her final year of high school featured Honors Statistics, a course that the teacher told us, in no uncertain terms, was college-level in its difficulty.

Our daughter was one of two folks in the class without a TI calculator. We thought this would be a problem, as the complex functions she was required to do could be even more difficult if she had to spend time figuring out how to do each one (and not being able to ask the teacher for help).

She finished the year with an A in each of her four terms. She got an A+ on her mid-term and her final exams. By the second semester, her teacher had bought one of these suckers and was using it and recommending it to the department head. According to both of them, doing almost all of the functions is much simpler on the Casio.

Folks, I suck at math. I can't tell you the differences between the graphs on the two devices or anything like that. But I can tell you that this got my daughter through a tough-as-nails course, and did it with about a tenth of the frustration the TI folks in the class felt (and at about half the cost). There may be something the more expensive device can do that this one can't, but it never came up during my daughter's time in high school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practically perfect in every way., March 4, 2010
This review is from: Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator (Office Product)
This is my first graphing calculator. I went through engineering school with an HP-41c, a great calculator in its day. But the Casio fx-9750GII is absolutely mind-boggling in comparison.

The learning curve was far faster than I expected. Once the simple and consistent navigation, editing, and execution scheme is internalized, one hardly needs the manual. Solving simultaneous equations, graphing functions, finding local maxima and minima, and computing intercepts of disparate functions were all elucidated in a few minutes of play, sans manual.

Mechanically, the calculator seems very well built; the case and keyboard seem like they were designed for the ages. The size is perfect. The display is very easy to read. And the price made me feel like I wasn't being taken advantage of, if you know what I mean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe a good substitute for a higher-priced TI calculator, February 1, 2013
This review is from: Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator (Office Product)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First, the simplest advice I can give to anyone buying a graphing calculator for their child for school: Check what the teacher recommends, and ASK if it's OK to use something other than what is recommended. If the teacher recommends a particular calculator, there could be a very compelling reason for that recommendation. Having said that, here's the review:

If you're reading this review, you're no doubt aware of the seemingly universal "standard" that Texas Instruments has set with their graphing calculators. Should you switch to Casio? Well, it depends. It's tempting, because they are less than half the cost of a TI calculator. And Casio is a respected name. One of my very first graphing calculators, back in the late 80s, was a Casio.

First, here's one reason NOT to buy the Casio:
I've taught high school math classes where I needed my students to have a graphing calculator. We did some advanced things with those calculators (specifically, we were doing some programming to demonstrate some precalculus and calculus concepts). During that time, it was important to me that all my students have the same kind of calculator, so that we could work together going through the same steps to reach the same results. In that particular instance, if one student were to show up with a Casio when the rest of my students were using a TI, the Casio student would have been in trouble. In that scenario, the Casio student would likely have fallen behind, as some of the features are different enough to make it near impossible to follow along. The features of the Casio FX-9750GII and the TI-83 (or 84) are similar...but the differences would have been a real difficulty in that classroom setting. SO...if your child is going to partake in classroom activities, and if the teacher recommends a TI so that your child can follow along, then DON'T get the Casio.

Another, similar reason to go with TI instead of Casio:
There is a vast library of programs (think of them as apps for a calculator) that can be shared from teacher to student, or from student to student. There is no way that a TI program will work on a Casio calculator. It IS possible to write programs/apps for the Casio, but they are not compatible with TI calculators.

But there are plenty of GOOD reasons to buy the Casio FX-9750GII:
* If you just need ANY graphing calculator (something that can do calculations, graphing, statistics, and can be used on SAT/ACT/AP exams), then this is a very good calculator. It has all the functionality I would expect.
* If it's not important or necessary for you to have the same calculator as other users (for example, if a math teacher says, "Get any kind of graphing calculator you want.").
* If you want to save money.

If you do a side-by-side feature comparison of the TI-84 Plus and the Casio, you will find that both calculators have "mostly the same" features. Both do math/stats/graphing. Both are programmable. Both can be used on the common exams taken by high school students. The specs on the TI are better than those of the Casio: The TI has better screen resolution and more memory. But if you are doing "typical" high school math, those differences may be irrelevant.

I will give a little more credit to TI: I find that it's easier to navigate TI menus to find the features I need. I think the TI options are better organized (though I might be biased because I've been using TI calculators for so long). My only reason for giving the Casio 4 stars instead of 5 is because I had a hard time finding certain features. This included difficulties in using the Casio manual...it's a big manual, but the organization made it hard for me to find practical information. I suppose, though, that as I spend more time with the Casio, I'll get used to where things are.

The Casio fx-9750GII really is a very decent graphing calculator...and at less than half the price of a TI graphing calculator, it's worth considering. Just understand that it may not be the right choice for some classroom situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Graphing Calculator, January 3, 2011
This review is from: Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator (Office Product)
This calculator is just as good as the expensive ones, and what's more, it's accepted for the SAT and ACT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Passed "Algebra II" with an A- Throughout Last Year - Helpful Tips, July 5, 2014
This review is from: Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator (Office Product)
When I first got this calculator, I had no idea what I was doing.
So, I'll give you terms that went on in the classroom with the Texas Instruments that may be confusing to users of this calculator. This way you guys'll not be as behind as I was when I had to figure this stuff out by myself and with the book (which came in super helpful btw).

GRAPHING
-------------------------------------
- When the teacher says "go to (press) Y= (Y equals)," what you really do is press the MENU button (it's grey and next to the big circle) then select GRAPH.
- If the graph doesn't seem to work at all, or the line seems really funky, First go to GRAPH and then press DRAW. After that you should press F3 (View Window aka how much you want the graph to be able to see) and then F1 to go back to the initial view window (where something will probably be). Use the arrow keys to move around until you get a good view of it.
- If you wanna see the entire picture because your calculator is zoomed in too much, first be in GRAPH mode and then DRAW. Then press F2 and choose AUTO. Note: this can sometimes be too much data to go through. Use the previous tip to set the window back to normal.
- If you need to find the roots, it's all in the simple touch of some buttons!! After you DRAW your graph, press F5 and then ROOT. This will tell you where the roots, and zeros are. THIS IS A FEATURE OVER THE TI-86, where in the TI-86 you must actually look through the graph/table!!
- If you need one of those "shading inequalities" graphed, simply go to the GRAPH setting. After that press F3, then F6 for more options, and then choose which one fits your problem.

Not sure how to access the table next to the graph on the same screen yet, if anyone finds that out please comment so.

OTHER STUFF
-------------------------------------
Switching Modes - If you ever need to switch modes, press the MENU button again. (Choose RUN.MAT for matrices (the MAT option in this mode) and basic calculations.)

Need to set Calculator to Degree form - in RUN.MAT mode, press SHIFT and then the MENU button to SET UP. From there you may configure settings.

Probability Terms - When you have to learn about probabilities, (in RUN.MAT) press the OPTN button (next to the SHIFT key), go to PROB and everything should be there.

List Functions- When working with Lists, you must go to MENU then STAT. After entering your data into the first column you must go back to RUN.MAT and press SHIFT then (1) to put down "List."
Type (1) into there for the first column, (2) for the second column, etc...
If you were wanting to find the median (for example) of the list, simply press OPTN, select Med, then put down "List" and then press (1).

Parenthesis - ALWAYS close parenthesis (()) when doing commands. Also when typing a negative number to a certain power, such as (-2)^7.

History - To see previous equations in RUN.MAT mode you must press CLEAR twice. I have no idea why this is like that; maybe it's a feature to help focus on one problem.

If you need ANY other tips on a [CERTAIN FUNCTION]/[CERTAIN MATH TERM], use the INDEX in the book!!! I remember trying to go through the pages for 40 minutes to find out a certain function when I remembered... indexes exist!! Lol... Also, DO NOT LOSE THE BOOK!!! It is extremely helpful and pretty easy to understand.

BACK TO THE REVIEW
-------------------------------------
I will be sure to add more tips later on, however this is enough for a good start.

I passed Algebra II A&B with this calculator with an "A-".
Don't think that your kid or even *you* may not get an A just because of the choice of this calculator; I made a bunch of silly mistakes that had to do with my thinking and not the calculator itself.

It has MORE features than the Texas Instruments for only half of the price!!
Someone that I know who is taking college classes has a very fancy Texas Instruments calculator, and even then I heard him say "Yeah, I've got the conics app."
With this calculator which is probably 1/3 the price of that one, the conics "app" is a standard feature!! There's no reason why to not like this thing for the price and value it offers!

The batteries supplied with the calculator lasted me an entire school year, and I used it outside of math class as well.
When it says "Batteries are low! Please replace" you've still got another 2 months or 3 with them lol, but I recommend the Amazon Basic batteries if you're going to need replacing.

100% recommended - it does the job very nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price, September 5, 2012
James Hoffman (Cincinnati, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator (Office Product)
I needed a good graphing, programmable calculator to replace my OLD TI-81. I selected this one, and here are the pros and cons:

PROS

1. I don't think there is a calculator that does more for the money than this model. It easily does as much as the TI-83 & 84, for about half the price, as of this writing. That alone is enough to fully recommend it.
2. The Conic sections module is excellent, however, it tends to turn off the axes automatically, creating circles in random space. It's easy to fix, but watch out for this one.
3. The Equation module is outstanding, and rivals HP's solver (which I've also used), so this is a bonus. The Table function is also excellent, producing tables of values; the Matrix functions in general are pretty good, similar to other models.
4. The Time Value of Money module is another big bonus, doing the calculations that specialty business calculators perform, so another purchase isn't necessary. However, to fully use this feature, you'll have to go onto Casio's web site and download documentation specifically for this feature, since the manual isn't complete on this function.
5. The List feature also rivals TI in function, but keep in mind, it's not as good as the later TI models' Spreadsheets.

CONS

1. The principal issue is that it's NOT a TI calculator, which means that there's little online support, few programs available, and most teachers and students just won't know how to use this calculator. If you're using this outside of a middle or high school, this may not be an issue.
2. While this calculator is permissible on the ACT, SAT, and many other tests, some colleges, especially engineering programs, won't allow this calculator.
3. This model is much harder to use than the comparable TI-8X models. The menus are deeper and it's more difficult to navigate than the TI's, especially when programming. One other reviewer said that he couldn't find the root option when using this on an exam. It's there, but it takes a while to find, so there's definitely a learning curve, if you're not using a TI, like most other students. Obviously, a lot of practice is necessary before even trying to use this during an exam.
4. One purpose for which I purchased this calculator was for some basic Monte Carlo simulations. This calculator's random number function is no good for this purpose. The sequences tend to favor higher numbers, even over millions of trials, by a factor of about 5%. I've used a "fudge factor" to try to overcome this, but I don't think this calculator is suited for this purpose, or even for games using random numbers. The TI's are much better in this respect. I purchased this calculator to try to avoid purchasing Mathematica, Maple, or MathCAD, so Visual Basic Express or Python might be a better choice here.
5. The manual is so-so, and the index is useless. Downloading the PDF and searching it is sometimes a necessity.
6. Another reviewer said that -2^2 gives 4, as you'd expect on Casios; this one doesn't...(-2)^2 is required to get 4, not -4, as the Order of Operations is a bit different (exponentiation is before negation).
7. If you want to link up the calculator to your PC, an extra $30 order direct to Casio is required for the hardware and software. Unlike TI's, it's not included with the calculator. So, if you use Planet Casio, or another website, to download programs, you'll have to buy this or manually enter the programs.
8. I haven't tried the Stats mode, but it appears equal to the TI-8X's.
9. Unlike similarly priced non-graphing models, this calculator doesn't use a "pretty print" feature to show your calculations in a textbook format. Also, there's only one calculation available for replay in memory.

Don't get me wrong though, the number of cons make it seem like a bad value, but it's not. They're really more gotchas to keep in mind before purchasing. Overall, this is a great calculator and a great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value, January 14, 2010
This review is from: Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator (Office Product)
I looked at several other graphic calculators, but this unit was by far the best value. It's got a great screen and I love the feel of the keys. Whether you're on a budget or price is no object, this Casio won't disappoint you.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite graphing calculator regardless of price, February 13, 2013
J. M WILINSKY (teaneck, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator (Office Product)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is hard to avoid mentioning the price of this calculator in relation to the TI line of graphing calculators. It is about half the price, but it is also better in most regards! The price even seems to be dropping over time. Enough about the price. The first and most important thing you notice when you get this is the documentation. It is actually a book. Every capability is explained and examples are given. Compare this to the non-existent TI documentation that is provided(only a quick reference guide for the TI). Every time I use the TI and then this one, I am amazed at how much easier the Casio is to use. It is much more user friendly(defined by how often you have to resort to consulting the documentation). There is only one disadvantage to using the Casio: if you are a teacher or student, the TI is the standard used. I wish this situation would change so the Casio could get a better foothold in the market. But as long as it is my choice, I choose the Casio and recommend it to my students(along with other models in the Casio line).
Here are a few more reasons to use this over the Ti:
You can enter complex numbers in phasor format in degrees. While you can get the phasor angle in degrees with the Ti, you cannot input it in degrees. Furthermore, the phasor angle input takes just one keystroke whereas the Ti requires more than one.
Here is an amazing feature the Casio has that the Ti doesn't(unless you get one of the very expensive models,e.g. Ti-89 or Nspire): You can do all the matrix calculations in the complex mode! That is extremely useful for circuit analysis, for example.
If all that is not enough, you can display both polar and rectangular graphs on the same graph simultaneously, a feature the Ti's don't have until you get up to the Nspire.

Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator