5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best!
This is a great looking and feeling G SHOCK.

Published 7 months ago by D

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripoff
Dont buy through this supplier folks. They are selling it well above the retail price of the Vendor. This watch retails from Casio Gshock at $300. So I dont know what magically makes this one $379+
Published 6 months ago by pcryan23

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best!, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Casio G-SHOCK MASTER OF G RANGEMAN Triple Sensor Ver.3 Multiband 6 Solar - Tactical Men's Watch GW-9400J-3JF (Japan Import) (Watch)
This is a great looking and feeling G SHOCK.

I have just come back from Thailand and brought this while I was over there, at a good price but only on par with the best Amazon prices I have seen. I say this because this is where they are made, all of the G shocks I own have made in Thailand. This is not a bad thing but when you see "Japan Import" you think did I buy the best made model, and from what I can tell the one I got has all of the features advertised.

This watch was positioned right next to the 30 year anniversary G shock, a yellow model of the same watch (different glass and band highlights) that was priced a couple of hundred dollars more.

The watch has a daylight good vision but low light blackout/poor readability. This is OK if you know about it or don't have issue with this style but I have read reviews from people who don't like it.

I have set the sunrise and set feature which is accurate within minutes. I have changed time zones between cities and countries and it has been very accurate. The temperature gauge has been surprisingly close whilst being worn compared to my Casio PRW5100G-4 Pro-Trek, which is always a little off (while being worn).

The color is a very military looking green which adds to the already chunky tough usable feel to the watch. When you catch someone looking/glancing at it you look at their face and go ...Damn right!!

I have a large wrist and wear this comfortably for action on the second set of holes from the end or very relaxed on the last set of holes.

The watch has a great solid feel about it (not that other G shocks don't) but this watch has the ready for action feel more than others.

Illumination from the back lighting is nice adequate good but not overly bright or flashy.

Solar is great, charges easily, calender too 2099 means easy maintenance.

All the buttons push nicely and feel good doing it.

My pictures tell the best story on the looks of the watch.

It would be sad if Casio are making a poorer quality version of the same model watch because some people would be missing out on a great quality watch, but from what I've seen they all look to be the same, it's hard to tell online sometimes.

Loving this watch :-)

D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, March 2, 2014
Ian (Singapore) - See all my reviews
My wife was actually in Bangkok trying to get the watch, but was told the green was out of stock for the year! And the black ones they have were the non carbon fibre straps. I then immediately made my purchase on the 25th Feb and I got the watch at my doorstep on 1st of Mar, kudos to the seller. The watch came as described and when I read the manual (it gave me the instructions to download the english version), I am pleasantly surprised by the many functions it can do. I was wowed the moment when I set my home city (Singapore), the watch set the time itself. Great watch, I am going to treasure and wear it for some time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars ranger94, January 15, 2014
I have numerous casios but the rangeman is the best by far. I am in law enforcement and this watch meets all my needs. would recommend this watch highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Watch....., January 9, 2014
I've owned G-Shock's for a long time and this beauty is among the best they've ever released in my opinion. It's packed with highly usable features, particularly for outdoors/military use. Casio simply nailed it with the Rangeman. Atomic time, solar powered, compass, barometer, sunrise/sunset, altimeter, multiple world time settings, and a whole bunch of associated features.

P.S. - Read the comments on the 1 star review....and you'll understand that "rocket surgeon" is clueless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the sunrise/sunset feature!, November 22, 2013
First ABC G-shock, love the sunrise/sunset feature! Display very crisp (but I like the negative display so your mileage may vary :) ), button feedback very tactile, all in all my favorite G-Shock.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripoff, February 25, 2014