Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on March 11, 2013
First off, this new model is slated for an imminent US release at an MSRP of $120 and a probable lower street price shortly thereafter.

Secondly, in addition to 1 and 3 seconds mentioned in J. Duncan Hubbell's review, LED light duration can also be set to 5 seconds. This watch has a big, powerful CR2032 cell the better to handle the vibe alarm, initial scrolling of full city names in World Time mode (lasts about a minute, after which the name freezes to as much of it as will fit the screen) and of course, the bright, 5-second long two LEDs.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the vibration is really more of a high-frequency buzz that could be missed in active situations where your arm is in motion. Don't expect actual low-frequency vibration found in cell phones which, by the way, have an exponentially bigger and more powerful cell to make such a vibration possible.

GD350 rightfully caused a sensation in G-Shock circles right at its release in Japan a few weeks ago in mid-February. Direct, push button access to the Countdown Timer in Timekeeping mode; 100-city, full name scrolling World Time; bright, long-duration LED and the flash and vibration alarm all contribute to its instant success and popularity.

This is a big but easily manageable and very comfortable, featherweight G, chock-full of cool and in some cases new features, all brought together for the first time in a single Casio model. It wouldn't surprise me if in time it becomes one of the most successful G-Shocks ever spawning many more variants than the introductory three. An upcoming version, the Garish Gold GD-350BR will be released in Japan soon.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on May 20, 2014
This is a great watch. However, it is not a Japan Import as advertised.
The code on the box is "GD-350-8DR". If this was truly a Japan import the code on the box would have been the one advertised in the heading of the ad. (GD-350-8JF)

If you research Casio codes online you will see that "DR" means

yo page por el modelo GD 350-8JF 100 $ ,resulta cuando llega el reloj lo reviso y tiene el modelo GD 350 8DR tamto en la etiqueta y en la caja page mas por un modelo que no es importado de japon me siento estafado..
on March 7, 2013
I have owned G-Shocks since they first came out. As a submariner, I was not allowed to have the dive watches that set off the radiation monitors. So, I got a G-Shock. I have loved most of them and been a little disappointed with others. This is my favorite. The face is large and easy to read. The day and date are on a darker, green background; so, they stand out. The time is large and easy to read. So, with the face, I can glance and easily distinguish between the date/date and time/seconds. The current time shows in all modes!!!!! To me, this is critical. I want to time something, but I also want to see the current time. Next, it has vibration. I love vibration because I often do not hear the alarm or see the FLASH. The vibe, just love it and have missed it for years. I have one international time, one stopwatch, and one timer. That is all I need. I don't need or want multiple ones or a bunch of other crap! The light can be 1 or 3 seconds and it is LED. The color is, to me, a gun-metal gray with a black G at the bottom of the face for the light. Do you understand all that I have said????!!!! Great light - vibration - current time in all modes - easy to read. This, to me, is the best G-Shock made. Get one while you can.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2014
The vibrating alarm is a cool idea. The watch looks good. The color is called gray,but it looks a little dark green in certain lights. You will be hard pressed to fit this watch under a shirt sleeve, it's bulky. But as a fun, casual watch, it's great ! Great world time function for travellers. Also, the date and time are big and readable for those of us with fading vision.
on May 21, 2013
Don't be dissuaded by the shipping notices. I used regular shipping and the watch arrived in 7 days. I like its appearance, size, color & will update after using it for several weeks.
on May 15, 2014
This is a great watch. However, it is not a Japan Import as advertised.

If you research Casio codes online you will see that "DR" means
"Export-non-Japanese Domestic Market". The watch is made in China--therefore it does not come from or "via" Japan.
on September 24, 2014
Been my every day watch for several months now. I love the thing, durable and has held up well even on tough days when I go shooting for hours at a time. Would definitely recommend to a friend
on August 7, 2014
Very easy to use. If you cannot read Japanese there is a few great tutorials on youtube.
on March 17, 2015
The Led Light do not work anymore
on November 6, 2013
Delivered on time. Easy to setup and work. Had just the functions I will use.
Watch Band seems very sturdy as with many of the Casio brands.
Display is easy to read and lite function allows for seeing time in the dark, I like being able to set the time display light is on.
This is a good work watch and should stand up to everyday usage.