Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on March 8, 2014
I bought this watch last week (disclosure: Not from Amazon, direct from Casio), because I loved it in the pictures. I'm something of a collector of G-Shock watches, but I've been a bit disappointed in some of the newer watches. Sure, they look great, but the design on some of them makes it actually really hard to read the time, which I think is something of a fundamental fault.
This watch (as you can see from the picture does not have that problem). The display is clear, easy to read, and the night light is fantastic (the tip of the second hand even lights up).
I wasn't prepared when I put this watch on for the first time, for how stunning it looks (yes, G-Shocks are an acquired taste, but the picture doesn't do it justice). It's fantastically gorgeous! It is a very big, very chunky watch though, so it may not be suitable for everyone. Still, I have thin wrists and I love the way it looks on me. I might be quite old, but I still understand the word 'bling' :-)
The compass function is fun, you press the 9 o'clock button and the second hand points North. I'm not sure how often I'll use that, but I bought this watch for it's looks. It was also easy to correct to my time zone.
In conclusion, I absolutely adore this watch and it's hardly left my wrist since I got it. If you like G-Shocks, this is one of the best. If you are not sure, go and try it on in a shop first.
0Comment34 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2014
Beautiful design...with a back light that actually works. Several other G-shock designs I like, talking about GA-100 and GA-201 series, that feature analog over digital and have lights that are near useless. Not so on this GA-1000 Aviator series, with an excellent UV back that light works well in conjunction with the luminescent hands and hour markers. The functions are easy to find, set and use. Great job Casio, love this watch.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2014
Literally just got this in the mail. Looks so much better sitting on my wrist than online. Been searching for another g shock for a while and I'm glad I waited till I saw this model. This is my third g-shock and so far my favorite. Taking it out of the box, it feels really solid and got some weight to it. The colors are much better in person...this watch just pops and you can't help but stare at it.
The directions are easy to follow and it was simple to set the time and date, basically find your zone (city) and the watch sets itself.
Still playing with all the functions but I definitely like the compass and temperature gauge function.
on September 30, 2014
Its a great watch that is comfortable and has that rugged G-shock look. The only issue that I have with it is that the digital numbers do not have a backlight. You can see the watch hands and time fine, but if you for whatever reason need to set the timer or use the stopwatch at night, you will not be able to see the digital portion without an external light source.
on August 11, 2015
Bad ass watch!! Looks tough!!
review image
on August 17, 2014
Ordered watch Saturday afternoon, delivered on Sunday morning (no special arrangements were made for delivery)
As far as the watch goes, like other posts have stated, the picture does not do justice to this watch. This is my fourth G-Shock and wow this model is a stunner! I particularly like the blue second hand and the lume. Living in a beach city, I won't ever lose my bearing on which direction is north, but I can see a purpose for business travel in other cities.
on May 14, 2014
Thus watch is pretty freaking awesome. Probably one of my favorite watches. I love the fact that they have a compass on it. Everything works great on this watch
22 comments9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2015
Instruction manual is very vague. Does not give enough information.
on June 9, 2014
Best price in the market, Awesome watch, this watch is a must have for daily usage its classy & sporty at the same time!
11 comment7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2015
I dislike most G shock watches. I think they do get attention, but the bulkiness and the colors (might as well be a rubber band bracelet) is pointless. Most are trend watches.

Now i have more then a few watches. But only one G shock 100 B ACR, which is my best watch regardless of the price. I bought 5 g shocks afterwards to try and get that same feeling, but returned every single one.

i have found one that gives me the same feeling as my first G shock. Every function is useful, and every button serves a simple purpose. From a perspective of someone who is shallow in their choosing, (mostly citizen, bulova, and victorinox watches) I found a favorite. This watch is almost intimidating because aesthetically everything is in the right spot color scheme is just right, when you see it, but once it goes on your wrist... game over. also people don't mention this enought, the night light on it is awesome, only the minute dots, and hour numbers light up bright blue (not like a light at the bottom illuminating the face). Also has a feature where every time you look at the watch at night only, it will light up for you. Words can't do justice to the wow factor. Next time you take it off there will be a tan line on your wrist, from wearing it too long. If you scroll through countless selections of watches, trying to make up your mind and you're unsure, get this one. Absolute perfection.

I'm not a collector or a hoarder of watches, but this is a g shock you can take to a board meeting or keep it on and get compliments on the ski slopes. i don't think we get to appreciate those wow's enough, but if you get a chance to open the box for this watch and put it on... it will change your life in a small way. How much more can you ask for from a small purchase!