Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on March 24, 2014
I have many new Casio GShock and Pro-Trek watches. This one is about my favorite. It's a toss between my Pro-Trek PRW-3000 and this Aviator. They both are used equally. This one has an easier read on the eyes. A fantastic build and not as many features as many G-Shocks and Pro-Treks, (ie,. Temp, Barometer, etc.). I prefer this watch when traveling. It's the easiest to set to various time zones. I have six Atomic Receiving watches. It's the only way to go. You never have to mess with setting time, date, etc. and always accurate. I can't say enough good about this watch. Amazon is the best too. Fast delivery and lowest price. Highly recommend.
on July 3, 2014
I first got the GW-A1100 Aviator from Casio in the all orange color… Great watch but an orange watch is not one that you can wear everywhere. I liked the GW-A1100 so much though that I wanted one in black resin. This GW-A1100-1A3 model with the green highlights fit the bill! It's a large watch, but very light, and it fits well on my 7.25 inch wrist. I'm very happy with the purchase.

Pros: time is easy to read at a glance; great styling and looks; useful functions like world time, stopwatch, alarm, and countdown timer; solar powered and multi band 6; great protection for the crown; 200m water resistant and 'triple G resist' -- shock, vibration, and centrifugal force resistance.

Cons: no LED light (just lume on the hands and hour markers); stopwatch has a max of 2 hours and the countdown timer has a max of 60 minutes (may be an issue for some people).
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2014
This is a clever, solid, pricey G-shock. Out of the box the solar power and atomic time setting worked perfectly, as do other functions. The pros are those features - endless power and perfect accuracy are pretty strong "pros" in a wristwatch - plus it also has analog good looks,day-date programmed for a couple of lifetimes, chronograph, a useful compass and water resistance to much deeper than I will ever go. Sweet. But, here are my suggestions for achieving that elusive fifth star: (i) Brighten the markers so they can actually be read in the dark. (ii) Extend the countdown timer beyond 60 minutes. (iii) Calibrate the stopwatch to 1/10th seconds instead of 1/20th.
on September 19, 2015
As an owner of both a Suunto & Bell And Ross watches, I can say that this watch does a great job bridging the gap between them. I have been wearing ether a Bell & Ross BR03-92 or the Suunto Core for the better part of 2 years now, daily.

With that said, the number one thing missing from this Casio, is Lume. Simply useless at night. But then again, so is my Bell & Ross.

But the trade off with the Bell & Ross vs the Casio is night and day. With the Bell, you have a quality Swiss made hunk of stainless with possibly the best possible dial in the industry. It's also something mechanical and special to own that you may very well hand to your kid one day. Can't imagine the Casio lasting 20+ years, but I could be wrong.

The Point is, a Swiss mechanical is an investment.

Now, onto why I own this bad boy!

Wearing a Suunto while at a business meeting, just doesn't work. However wearing a Bell & Ross works great. What about the golidelocks zone???

That's where this watch fits.

For instance, the moments when, as a professional photographer, I am suddenly forced into action? Do I take off my watch to get the shots I need? Nope, so whatever watch I'm wearing gets abused and in many cases the Bell & Ross has suffered some real damage because of this.

So where's that golidelocks zone? Is it wearing a tool or wearing a statement?

In my opinion, this watch serves both. It's style is that of a much more expensive Swiss mechanical. But is design is bullet proof. And that at the end of the day sums it up. Sure it's got less options than the extremely useable Suunto, but it looks a hell of a lot nicer. Almost as nice as my $2300 Bell.

So, hope this helps. Cause chances are, you aren't buying this watch for the compass, the stop watch or the atomic time zone perfections, as lots of watches now can offer that. The real reason is I believe illustrated above.

Fit is comfortable. Strap is excellent. Stay never moves. Optical quality is superb.
review image review image review image
on March 14, 2014
Picked this up at the $420 price point as a gift to myself for my 30th birthday. I have a seven year old G-Shock 5600 Solar Atomic that has been my every day watch that I just love. Thing survived a lot of abuse but is still in great condition apart from the resin strap which is wearing. I knew I wanted one of the nicer G-Shock analogs and spent a couple weeks looking at all the models on their website.

This model was definitely the one that caught my eye the most with its green accents, however the $650 MSRP was a bit more than I wanted to pay. I almost settled on one of the previous generation aviation watches, but I found a deal for this one here on Amazon and had to bite. I am very glad I did, the watch is a superb piece of engineering and just looks BAD ASS!
on June 26, 2014
Awesome watch for the price!!! I have Breitlings for 10x the cost, and Rolexes for 100x the price of this G=Force, but I have to say I love it.
Amazing features, just about everything you would want in a watch - except for maybe backlighting... but with a solar powered battery I guess that would be too much.
Well recommended to everyone that wants a feature rich, sturdy, and lightweight (!) coolness to wear!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Before I start, for any of you who may be wondering about model GWA-1100-1AJF and this one (GWA-1100-1A3), they are exactly the SAME, the only difference is the instructions manual, with the 1AJF, you'll get an all Japanese manual, the 1A3 has an English manual, plus other languages.
Now the review.
This watch is by far the best G-Shock I've owned; it is extremely light and very comfortable to wear. The technology inside of this thing is amazing, atomic time keeping, analog compass, world time, pretty much all the features you could ask for on an G-Shock.
It arrives with Hong Kong's time, but a simple pull of the crown, followed by a left or right turn to your city's (or near city) time, will automatically set your time zone, all within seconds.
The watch receives up to 4 signals for time keeping per day. You can always check if the watch successfully received the last signal by pressing the lower button below the crown, this makes the seconds hand rotate to the Y or N position, telling you if it did receive the last signal. As with any atomic watch, the strongest signals are achieved at night, but I did try it during the day and it worked, just be warned that you must keep any electronic equipment, including cellphones, while trying to get an atomic signal.

One thing that is not mentioned on the item's page is the power save mode, which the watch goes into at night, when it no longer detects light; this mode saves battery power while still keeping the time. You'll noticed the seconds hand won't move, but time keeping is still functional. The press of any button will reset the seconds arm back to normal operation to the right position.

The only CON I can think of, is the lack of lighting, at night it can be hard to read the time, but simply and quick exposure to any light source will make the luminous arms and numbers/tabs light up enough to read time.

I also tested the compass, I compared the results with an actual full size compass, both displayed the exact same position, so no complaints there.
I have also tried the Alarm, which is not incredibly loud, but enough to wake me up. Most of the modes are accessed via the MODE button, which is located on the left bottom side of the watch; once pressed and selected, adjustments are made with the crown.
Before I forget, I forgot to mention that this watch has a "Locking" crown, which means you have to pull to make any adjustments, and make sure you push back in to avoid any damage and/or accidental adjustments.

I'll keep updating my review as I continue to discover/use more of the cool features this watch has to offer. It is amazing. My next purchase will be the new G-Shock Gulf Master, which will be available at the end of the month.

The watch comes with a 1 year Casio warranty, BUT ONLY if you buy it from the proper vendor. I bought it from US Legend Inc., which sells this watch with the Casio's official warranty. A lot of the vendors are offering their own warranty, which I wouldn't recommend, since they're not licensed by Casio in any shape or form to do so, and which makes me wonder about the authenticity of the watch.
Even as a Prime member, I had the option to get this watch with Prime shipping, but most of the options only had vendor's warranty, so I decided to go with US Legend, whom shipped my watch via USPS, 2-3 day shipping with tracking and signature, I live in the West Coast, Us Legend is from the East, I had my watch within 2 days. So do yourself a favor and buy from them, not only will you get a brand new watch and fast shipping, but you'll also get peace of mind, knowing the warranty is covered by Casio.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2014
Nice and beautiful watch, but you have to use to it. It is hard to use at the first time. I read a manual and check youtube videos for learn to operate. Other thing is perfect, I really satisfied for this product! I love it!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2015
Wanted a high end Casio, did the research, and ended up with this model. I love this watch - large, easy to read, nice color scheme, and lots of compliments. I wish it would have come with the metal/resin bracelet in the FC models, but I'm happy with the resin wrist strap - unlike some of the the other reviewers, it doesn't move or slip on me. The functions aren't that hard to learn, although using the stopwatch on an analog watch is kind of silly - way too hard to figure out fractions of seconds. The countdown timer is useful as is world time and compass. The alarm is easy to use and the beeper is loud enough - others have complained that its too quiet, but I don't care for super-loud beeps - this one wakes me up just fine.
Obviously, love the solar/atomic feature - I'll never buy another watch without those two items. My only complaint is that I wish it had an hourly chime - my other Casios have this, and it's my most-used feature. Finally, yes, I too wish it had some form of illumination, but that wasn't a show-stopper for me. I wear this daily and haven't had an issue yet where I haven't been able to tell the time.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2014
Bought this for my husband and he loves it! Not sure we need all the apps for everyday living, but it is very masculine and looks great on him.