4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch!
I know we can debate the benefits of atomic timekeeping all day long; but, personally, I've grown so used to it that I'd have a hard time living without it. I've been setting all my clocks using the time from my G-Shock ever since I got my first one over 10 years ago.

Published 16 months ago by D. Matheny

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
watch a lot smaller than i like Hard to read the face
Published 2 months ago by George Valenzuela

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch!, July 5, 2013
This review is from: Casio G-shock Mudman Multiband6 Japanese Model [ Gw-9300-1jf ] (Watch)

My first G-Shock was the MTG900DA-8V - which is still going strong, except for the fact that the auto-backlight finally stopped working. That's the first watch I ever owned that lasted more than a few months without breaking, and I seriously abused that little guy. :)

Once the backlight went out (probably because I always clean these G-Shock watches in the dishwasher), I found the Mudman - which seemed like it would have been the perfect watch; except, it didn't have atomic timekeeping...

Because of that, I opted for the GW9200-1/Riseman instead. Once again, the Riseman has lasted for several years without any issues at all - and I continue to use the dishwasher whenever it gets dirty.

That brings me to this Mudman watch. I recently noticed that the Japanese version of the Mudman has the Atomic Timekeeping feature, so I took the plunge - even though it is an expensive watch and my Riseman is still operating perfectly.

Now that I've used the Mudman for a couple of weeks, here are the things I like about it:

- The Mudman has the same ruggedness and size as the other G-Shock watches. That's something I've grown used to - and I really do put these through some serious abuse. (Personally, I think the Pathfinder watches are too big; but, these are perfect.)

- As I already mentioned, I'm a big fan of atomic timekeeping - and the Mudman doesn't disappoint. In fact, it seems to have better reception than the previous models.

- I prefer the compass feature over the altimeter that's built into the Risemen. For my usage, it just makes more sense.

- I love that the buttons are sealed against mud and debris! This has been one of my only complaints with the G-Shock watches - and it's the reason I run them through the dishwasher frequently.

- The countdown timer is extremely useful. I will never own another watch that doesn't have a timer.

- I like that this watch will display either the date or the world time right on the home screen. That's great for traveling! (Just press the 'Adjust' button to alternate between those 2 modes.)

- The moon phase feature is kind of cool.

- The thermometer feature is nice for limited usage; but, you need to leave the watch off your wrist for a few minutes before it's accurate. I'll often take my watch off when I'm in a deer blind, or sitting at the range, just so I can track the temperature accurately.

- The display is a lot clearer than the display on my Riseman was, which makes it easier to read. The auto backlight feature is also a bit more sensitive, which is nice.

Although I love the watch overall, there are always going to be some things that aren't perfect:

- The manual that comes with this watch is in Japanese. I expected that since it's the Japanese version; but, without prior experience with G-Shock watches, it would have been a pain to figure out how this works.

- The World Time feature only goes one direction - which makes it hard to operate. In other words, you can advance from Pacific to Mountain to Central time - but you can't go back the other way. Instead, you need to advance through all 24 time zones to get back to Pacific time again. (It does, on the other hand allow either full names or abbreviations for each time zone. Personally, I'd prefer being able to go back through the zones...)

- The watch band is a disappointment. It is carbon fiber (which is visible on the back side of the strap and on the keeper). Unfortunately, it only has one hole for the clasp instead of double holes like the Riseman did - and the end of the strap doesn't have enough of a lip to prevent the keeper from slipping off the end. I'll probably stick with this band for a while, but I may switch back to the Riseman band eventually since they look compatible...

At the end of the day, I realize this watch isn't going to appeal to everybody because of the cost. If, however, you're like me and want a Mudman with atomic timekeeping and without a negative display, this is a great option!

I would highly recommend this if you're already thinking about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift, July 29, 2013
PorterFam (United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a gift for my son. An outdoorsman like me and a runner, he was thrilled. The combination of features and functions were perfect for him.

You can read the features and functions. They all work well and if you are familiar with G-Shocks, it is intuitive. If not, you'll need to download the manual from the Casio site as the instructions are in Japanese. Its not that hard, just go to the Casio site and use the support tab to navigate to the manual for the module number for this watch. The instructions are easy to understand and quite easy to use printed out on larger paper.

I was concerned about ordering and importing from Japan. There seemed to be so many things that could go wrong. It was all for no reason. Though I had been warned by the vendor that it could take as many as 30 days, the watch arrived in an amazing 5 days. Well packaged and in perfect condition as well. The vendors all look credible. This one came from Japan Culture Shop.

I am a long time happy Amazon customer and this purchase solidified my belief in their processes.

I hope this is found useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, September 16, 2013
This is just a fantastic watch. I decided to opt for the Japanese model due to it's ability to sync with atomic clocks all over the world and because of the carbon fiber addition in the strap.

This Mudman looks great and functions very well. The buttons are relatively easy to push on this model, so no need to boil yours. The compass works quite well as does the thermometer. I love the ability to use the sun to power this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Wear & Forget Technology, July 10, 2014
Arrived along Rangeman. Excellent watch, more cohesive in design and more comfy to wear then Rangeman. Second dial has more swag and style as well. Like all G-Schocks, no need for manual, watch figures out itself. This one has a second timezone available on main display, perfect for guys shopping for Thai girlfriends online, gadgets include a moonphase display, very handy for moonish activities like turning into werewolf, a compass to find the elusive burger restaurant and a temperature meter to verify Minnesota is cold and Florida warm.
Keep in mind import tariffs may be charged but it's worth it. You put it on and forget about it. Easy watch for anyone age 14-94.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another functional time piece, May 16, 2014
I ordered my GW 9300 on the 3rd of May and it arrived on the 9th May. The item arrived as described. I had the g9300 which did not sync with the atomic clock, so I had to order the gw9300 because I've grown accustomed to accurate time keeping, and plus casio makes the most durable time pieces. I truly am a casio man

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch atomic, October 29, 2013
Tyler Terrell (LasVegas, NV/ Tucson, AZ) - See all my reviews
This is my first G-shock and I really like it. This watch does everything I bought it to do, and then some! Great product, easy to read, and very comfortable! I am currently going through my AEMT training and this watch is perfect for the job! I also love the solar and atomic features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet watch, September 4, 2013
Fits perfect, big but not too big, love the atomic receive option on the Japanese version. Liked it so much I bought the 30th Anniversary version in red.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable watch!, November 21, 2014
Harry A. Wilson (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
Love the watch and the fact that Amazon had it stocked was a bonus. I wanted a watch that I knew was going to show me the correct time everyday. That is why I went after the atomic option. The only part that seems a little hinkey is that the watch arrived without the watch band tag and also the box showed signs of being torn and the taped back up. The watch was probably a return but the description did say new. Go figure! I could be wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very happy with my purchase so far, October 14, 2014
I'm very happy with my purchase so far. Time keeping is excellent, functions are relatively easy to learn and operate, and it looks great (in that G-shock kinda way). The carbon fiber reinforced band is a great idea. The compass and directional function seems to work a little better than my aviation style, quartz G-shock...not sure why that is. I'd buy again in a heartbeat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, great service, August 12, 2014
It is my first G-shock. I bought it after an extensive research on G-shocks. it is a Great watch with fantastic features, A precise and beautiful timepiece. Thanks to Casio and thanks to the Japanese vendor for fast delivery.