5.0 out of 5 stars The screen's not too shabby

Pros:

Published 10 days ago by Jeremy Brown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The screen's not too shabby, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's G5600KG-3CR G-Shock Military Green Multi-Function Digital Watch (Watch)
Now I've read reviews for this thing, and I knew it was going to have negative display. I was still surprised at how dark it is. I dont regret buying it, obviously from the 5 stars. But the only bad thing about this watch is that its not easily.....read... Other than that, its great, so far the battery has been on "H" for full battery. And I wear the watch face on the inside of my wrist...away from the ambient light.... Great watch. Accurate.

EDIT:

Now that I've had this watch for a while, I can say the negative display has only really annoyed me once. One time, for some reason (cant remember why), the ambient lighting was such that I couldn't read the watch, and not even with the afterglow activated. I wear this watch everyday, and I've been unable to read it in one instance out of a million. Not that bad. (Although, because it has a negative facing, I've given the afterglow button quite a workout) Which reminds me, I havent seen the battery meter go off of high. Ever. Good watch. Looks bad ass. DO NOT GET DEET (ANY GOOD BUG REPELLANT) ON THE RESIN MOLDING.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, January 22, 2013
PROS:
- This watch is extremely light and durable. It has a very low profile that doesn't get in the way.
- The buttons are difficult to press... on purpose. You won't accidentally press these buttons.
- The auto illuminate is really cool. It just turns on when you need it to see the time, no buttons needed.
- The world time feature is great, very easy to view UTC time with one button push.
- Hourly chime feature is a great way to track your productivity and stay on track while at work.
- Power save feature is pretty neat. The watch goes to sleep when it gets dark and automatically turns on when you rotate the display or when there is enough light to charge via the solar panels.

CONS:
This watch is an almost perfect watch except for the negative display. I was really hoping that the user complaints were off about readability in low light, but I have excellent eye sight and this display is hard to read. The reading angle is really narrow and even looking dead on the contrast is really low. I hope they improve the negative display in future models since I think it looks much better than the traditional version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio G5600KG-3CR, June 16, 2012
I've had this timepiece for around a week now, it is a very comfortable and sharp watch. Of course it also should be tough as nails being a G-Shock. So far I am pleased with this purchase, If I had anything negative to say regarding this watch it would have to be viewing angle required to read it. You almost need to face the watch at a dead on angle to clearly view the time, which isn't a huge issue..... I would buy this watch again, knowing what I know now, however I believe 60-70 dollars would be a more appropriate price.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect watch to give a teen, October 16, 2012
MaraMiami "booknut" (miami, florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted to give my twin grandsons watches for their 13th birthday. I asked a 17-year-old whether boys wore watches any more, or just checked the time on their phones. He told me that if I wanted to give a watch to a teen, make it a G-SHOCK. I did that; I bought two different watches, and the boys love them. They wear them a lot, and the watches can hold up to sports and swimming, etc. Good for adolescents. I have no idea whether grown men like them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable strap, September 19, 2012
A D (United States) - See all my reviews
This watch costs more than g5600-e (black color) but the strap on this one is wider and more comfortable. It costs a little bit more but worth it. Looks great.

3.0 out of 5 stars - I really like the styling of this, July 12, 2014
Pros:

- I really like the styling of this watch. The green band plus the orange-ish lettering makes for a really cool, almost GI-Joe-80's military-looking G-shock. The backlight is a really cool blue/green color as well and is surprisingly works much better in low light than a super bright backlight would. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the band is even made of fairly high-quality material, and is much nicer looking / more comfortable than other digital watches. As G-shocks go, it is a very unique piece.

- I guess it's been a while since I last owned a digital watch, because wow, these things have so many features now: world time, multiple alarms, solar powered, etc.. The world time is extremely useful when I travel...much faster / easier than manually setting a digital or analog watch to your new timezone.

- I've owned this watch for quite a while and basically just keep it in the window when I'm not using it. I've never seen it duck below "high" power reserve status.

Cons:

- The main reason I gave this 3 stars: as others have noted, the display is simply impossible to read in a number of conditions. If it's too bright and you aren't looking at the display head on, the crystal is too reflective and you won't be able to read it. If you're in any sort of low light situation that's not darkness, the backlight won't help you. A number of times I've had to basically hold the watch super close to my eye to try to discern the time. I've since purchased another G-shock that does not have a negative display, and it doesn't have this problem at all.

- I have one big gripe with the world time feature: I wish it were possible to specify your alarm in the time zone that you're using for world time. You can't do that, so if I want to set an alarm while I'm traveling in a different time zone, I have to do the math to figure out what time I'd need the alarm to go off in my home time zone. That's a bit annoying.

- The feature that powers on the backlight when you raise the watch is interesting, but it doesn't fire consistently. I find myself trying to raise my arm multiple times to get the backlight on, and finally giving up and just pushing the backlight button. Additionally, the backlight only stays on for a second...not long enough to do anything except quickly glance at whatever's on the screen. You won't be able to do anything like set the time, futz with the countdown timer, set an alarm, etc. using it.

- For this watch's price point, it should really have come with atomic time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, March 25, 2014
One of the best watches I have ever bought for use at work. The fact that the light comes on automatically when you want to see what time it was an excellent idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool watch, February 28, 2014
The watch is as soon in the description. It came on time and this piece is fully functionable and quite rugged to ,y use of yet. Overall,a good product,purchase and service.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Everyday Watch, October 29, 2013
Devin B. Miller (Central Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
One of my favorite watches. Simple, light, low-profile, and jsut works. Everything I have come to expect from Casio G-Shock watches. Some may say the negative display is hard to see sometimes but I have never found this to be the case unless it is dark enough to warrant using the built in light.

Pro-Tip:
I took this watch camping with me this past summer and sprayed some bug repellent on the watch by accident. Anything containing DEET will melt/pit the resin on this and any watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice portable tool, August 12, 2013
easy to use i use this watch go fishing. its works really well. awesome watch. can recommend to a friend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›