5.0 out of 5 stars A beast of a watch!
Alright, I read another review for this item from a customer and evidently he had problems pushing the buttons that are enclosed in a protective coating... Give me a break. If it were easy to push the buttons, I wouldn't want the watch.

Published on June 8, 2007 by John M. Fetzer Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the band and caseback
Published on April 5, 2008 by R. L. Ware

5.0 out of 5 stars A beast of a watch!, June 8, 2007
This review is from: Casio Men's G9000-1V G-Shock Mudman Digital Sports Watch (Watch)

This watch is light in weight, but heavy duty. I purchased this watch when a friend of mine that recently returned from a tour of duty in Iraq had nothing but praise for it. His withstood the elements of war, so at least I figured mine could withstand all of my outdoor activities.

Set-up is simple and the watch is going to do what I need a watch to do. Last and keep time. I don't enjoy frills of calculators and other garbage they put on a lot of these digital watches, so this is perfect for me.

If you have a weak or limp wrist, this watch isn't the one for you. The buttons take some effort to push, but nothing that's a reason for giving this bad boy a 1-star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars This watch is a "MUST-HAVE", July 13, 2007
I actually bought a G SHOCK watch back in 1987. I beat the *&%$ out of this watch for 20 years and it just finally died. I never replaced the battery in all that time; can you believe that? That watch owed me nothing. If you want a watch that cannot be destroyed - this is the watch for you. I literally ran this watch over with my car and it was prefectly fine afterwards. This watch was probably the best purchase I ever made in my life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch., July 3, 2007
The watch is really good. I was worried by earlier reviews that the buttons are hard to press and people changed watches later. Of course the buttons are little hard to press, but the purpose for which I bought it was to work in muddy conditions and under any force in nature. The watch is best for those conditions. Fully protected. I am very satisfied.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the band and caseback, April 5, 2008
If you spend any time at all in the g-shock forums you will see two main points about this watch. They are the band is the most comfortable ever or that it sucks real bad. I fell into the latter camp. The band itself is not bad it's more flexible than some G-Shocks. The real problem lies in the resin nubs that are on the case back to raise it up slightly off your wrist. They are abrasive and will scratch you as the watch shifts. It's not like they scratch you like a cat, but it is an irritating feeling. I like the band on my GW-500 much more than this one and the bands on any of my Timex Ironman watches are even better. If only we could get the ruggedness of the G-shock head with a band like Timex makes it would be a true winner.

Good: Two 1000 hours stopwatches, though I never run for more than 30 minutes. 24 hour countdown timer, mud and shock resistant. Overall a nice watch.

Bad: The band/nubbins combo that scratches. The face is too busy. On the Watchuseek forum, it was said this watch is like someone who wears too much make-up. Ala Mimi on the Drew Carey show. Sometimes less is more. Casio could take a hint from companies like Suunto and Timex and produce watches that are easier to read with less useless graphics on the dial.

As I said this seems to be a hit or miss model. I may own one again, but I'd get the black dawn version to get rid of the "bad make-up job" and take an emery board to those damnable bumps on the case back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for what it is., February 18, 2008
I never normally wear digital watches. I think they look cheap, nasty and tacky. I purchased this watch because I wanted a cheap "beater" with a good stop watch that is light so I could wear it whilst running or working out and wouldn't be affected by sweat. I also wanted something really tough that was water and sand resistant because I'm going on a cruise around the South Pacific soon and will be spending a lot of time in salt water, snorkeling and doing stuff in "beachy" places. I really didn't want to wear my Tag Heuer with gold plating in the salt water or on the beaches during the day in case it corroded the metal, ditto for my watches that have leather bands etc so I purchased this Casio Mudman brand new on Ebay for half of what they retail for here in Australia. (They retail brand new here for about $200 and I got mine for around $120 including postage from Hong Kong).

For what it is this watch is a quality piece of equipment. It is tough and very well constructed, you can feel that as soon as you pick it up. It is water resistant to 200 meters and is shock and mud or sand proof as well. It actually looks quite nice although you couldn't wear it with a suit. It is a big but not huge watch and I don't have a massive wrist although for some reason it doesn't look too big on me which I'm glad about. It has a couple of stop watches, world time functions for a ton of cities, several alarms, countdown timers, day date and month- pretty much all you need for a tough, sporty kind of watch. Although I haven't put it to any "test" yet, you can just feel the toughness of this watch, I really think it could take a lot of punishment although I probably won't be subjecting it to anything out of the ordinary.

Anyway, as a sporty, tough, rugged kind of watch that you can wear without worry of scratching or damaging, this Casio Mudman really fits the bill. 5 stars for what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome watch, July 4, 2007
Jon A. (Santo Domingo, DR) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch as a replacement for my old G-shock (DW69001V) and I am pleased with my buy. Buttons are stiff but not something to complain about and give it a bad review on its "stiffness". 100% happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mudman Watch is Housework Proof!, July 4, 2008
Aunt Betsey (St. Louis, Missouri) - See all my reviews
I am a professional housekeeper. So in any given day, I may be changing diapers, scrubbing floors, doing laundry, etc. Also, I garden in my spare time and groom my own poodles. I need a watch that I can put on and forget about. The Mudman is certainly kid proof and dog proof and housework proof. Also, the various count up and count down timers are very useful. The programming buttons are a bit stiff, but that way you can't push them accidentally. I like the fact that there are four alarms and that the count down timer is programmable. This is not just a watch for sportsman, it is a watch for anyone who has their hands in soap, water, dirt, pet hair and CHAOS all day long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Made for a 82nd Airborne Paratrooper, May 25, 2008
I've worn various Casio G Shock watches for over 12 years and this is by far the best so far, the band is very comfortable, the illumination is easily seen at night, and the watch is very light weight. This model watch has all the functions I need for day to day workouts and combat operations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, January 21, 2011
I bought this watch just before i left for basic training for the United States Army, and this watch never let me down. The alarms came in vary handy. I was the only one in my barracks who woke up 10min before the lights turned on..(and by the end i woke up most of my battles so we could bet everyone to the sinks lol) The watch outperformed everyone else's watches bar none. From the mud to the firing range it still looks brand new. Im still wearing my watch a year later and it runs like it just came out of the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Mudman G9000-1V G-Shock, August 14, 2011
It's great to have an all-weather watch I can torture without worry. I tell my son "Check this out: a military issue.", and I put it through my tamer paces--competitive tennis, golf, landscaping the yard in the rain, auto repairs, etc. this watch can take it and more. The buttons are a bit stiff and the alarm settings hard to read hence the four stars. But no real bother; it takes a licking and ticks quite precisely. If you need a very durable watch I recommend this one to you. And the price at Amazon.com was the best I could find plus reliable.

Rate and Discover Movies