5.0 out of 5 stars WOW.
I was surprised when the watch arrived today. I'm stationed at a remote outpost in Afghanistan and it kind of made my day.
Published on June 24, 2012 by Garcia

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price but could be better
Published 5 months ago by Survival Dude

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW., June 24, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's G9300-1 Mudman G-Shock Shock Resistant Multi-Function Sport Watch (Watch)
I've always owned G-Shocks and have been slowly making my way up to their top of the line watches. By far, this is the most advanced watch they have. I calibrated the thermo/compass and shazaam! It's excellent. I definitely recommend this watch to anyone who needs function and fantastic form.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gshock, November 2, 2011
rock solid gshock, mud buttons take a little extra pressure, but very waterproof. Compass is quick and alarm is loud. Numbers are bright, size is perfect for larger wrists, not too thick, but heavy feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid watch., April 24, 2012
Good bang for buck and very solid watch. I was on the ropes about ordering the solar/atomic, but the atomic feature on a quarts was not worth the extra $100+ to me. Easy to configure as long as you read the manual. I wanted a good, solid "beater" watch and this fits the bill and then some (almost looks too good to abuse... almost...) I will put it through its paces over this summer, but it looks like it will handle anything I throw at it.

The watch is pretty big, but does not feel like a brick and wears comfortably. If you have a smaller wrist, you may want to try one to see if it fits you.

Of course shortly after buying it, I saw Suunto is about to release a Suunto Core Alu Deep Black, so I might have to order that one just for varieties sake as the Suunto is a bit more "Office Friendly" and casual looking, but no regrets whatsoever about getting the Mudman.

ETA 8/3/2013

Still going strong after putting it through it's paces and then some, while my Suunto eats batteries like they are going out of style. From compass to cooking timer, this watch has not failed me once. If Casio is listening, please make an ABC watch in this casing/style!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price but could be better, February 4, 2014
I've had this watch for about 4 months now and would like to give feedback for those who might be purchasing this for the same reasons I did. First I chose the brand because a close friend of mine from the military swore by the G-Shock watches. He was deployed to Iraq a few times and said him and many of the older soldiers used them, and that they were rock solid. I wanted a watch that was:

- Water resistant
- Shock proof
- Self powering (solar)
- Had a built in compass
- Was built well

I can safely say that it was built well is shock proof, water resistant, and that the built in compass works ok, but I wouldn't do any navigating with it.

The temperature measurement is highly inaccurate. You have to take the watch off of your wrist and let it sit in the elements for a good 20+ minutes to get a somewhat accurate temperature reading.

The major issue I have with the watch is the battery life. It's speced as giving 8 months of battery on a full charge. When I first received the watch I got it up to full charge and it only lasted me roughly 2 months. Since then the battery life hasn't been great. I've charged it up to "medium" two or 3 times now and the watch has died on me twice. No every night I set the watch on my lamp so that it charges extra before I go to bed and while I get ready in the morning. This seems to keep it from dying, but I was under the impression it would charge from normal daylight during my daily activities. (It is exposed to light a good 8ish hours of the day already). This is just a bit frustrating since I've purchased $20 watches 5 and 6 years ago that are still chugging along on the original battery.

Over all the watch is definitely solid and could take a pretty hard beating, but if the purchasing point is because of the solar option, or the temperature reading you should probably look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, October 29, 2013
Joel A Cook (Middleboro, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This is a great watch especially for those of you that do a lot of outdoor activities. I was originally worried that the watch would be too big for my wrists, and that it would look like a giant wall clock, but it didn't. I have very small wrists and it looks fine. This watch has it all..time, compass, tempature, stop-watch, countdown timer, alarms, times for different country's, backlight, moon settings, and it other benefits include being water and mud resistant. I am VERY pleased with this watch and with it being solar charged, I don't foresee getting another watch for years.

4.0 out of 5 stars G-Shock FOR Life, December 5, 2013
I bought the G-9300-1ACR Dec. 3 and I received it the fifth. This G-Shock is very cool. It has a lot of features and the light glows very bright. There's a lot of detail on the band and the dial. I'm still getting to know the watch. One thing I wish that the strap was a little thicker, other then that this watch BAD ASS. This watch is very tough and easy to clean. I will be getting the GW- 9400 to go in my collection. This is great G-Shock

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Love Love, August 23, 2013
I just got this watch today, it's a little bit too big for woman's wrist, however I love this watch so much. If you are active women, like to take an adventure, you might like this watch. Also this watch has a ton of function so it is really good for you to take it with you when you go diving or hiking. highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compass and map instructions, January 11, 2014
Cologodan (Ft. Collins, CO) - See all my reviews
The best first - - The section of the manual that describes adjusting the compass and using it with a map to take bearings is as clear and competent as anything I have read on the subject in fifteen years teaching wilderness navigation. The other excellent feature is that current time is displayed in stopwatch and timer modes. This is essential for anyone wearing a watch in situations that require both hands - sailing, backcountry skiing, many types of work, etc. Casio should include this feature on every model with a stopwatch and/or a timer, but the company persistently ignores pleas to do so. The moon phase indicator is interesting and possibly useful. The temperature sensor requires removal of the watch from the wrist for fifteen or so minutes to be accurate. The resistance of the buttons is about right for a watch intended for robust, outdoor use. True, the strap is too long and its keeper is loose, but Casio owners soon learn to use O-rings. There is writing all over the watch, advertising qualities and identifying features that owners will know and others cannot see clearly. Some of it can be obliterated with a felt pen. This clutter seems shoddy on an excellent piece of engineering, and the tiny, virtually unreadable manual is an incompetent document to explain imaginative and capable engineering features. The website downloads can be enlarged to a sensible font size, but why not just make it right in the first place? Thus Casio watches receive four stars rather than the five that the engineering alone would deserve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not scratch the bezel, or it would look awful., October 17, 2013
Love this watch. The bezel is steel with black coating, and the outer-ring part is warped up with resin. I find that because I just scratch the bezel, and it shows some metallic luster.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recomanded, July 31, 2013
Works great. i have chosen this because it has the solar recharging battery.
Everything works fine.
the reason i gave it only 4 starts is due to the fact that the temperature sensor is sensing the interior of the clock so probably not accurate at all - it is always impacted by the hand itself (but does not measure your own temp).

Rate and Discover Movies