Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 26, 2011
Just recieved my watch today and all I can say is Wow! What a beautiful watch. Picture dose not do this watch justice.
this is my 3rd G-shock. My first was Casio GW300A-1V solar atomic that I got at costco in 2005 for $39.99 and boy do I wish I had bought more of them at that price, it has gotten a beating and never once has it failed me I've droped, smashed, washed it and it's still going strong and I use it daily for work.
This Casio Ga 110-1a XL (paid $98.) Iam soley grading on looks and construction 5 stars seems sturdy but looks and fits so good I dont want to abuse it like my other G-shock. I can see where people might complain about led light not reading analog dial when lit but that is not an issue for me, I will Update if I have any issues but all I can say is get this watch it will not disappoint.
on December 14, 2014
I have had this watch for 2 years this month. I have been very pleased with it and I would certainly recommend it. The only drawback is the light. There is only one yellow LED projected from the 6 o'clock position and the light reflects off the hour marks in the bezel. It is difficult to read the time by analog and impossible digitally. One of the best features is the protected glass. I am rough on my watches and I have yet to scratch the glass after two years!
on March 6, 2012
I got this watch in the hopes of it being easy to see. It's not a bad watch but since I'm visually impaired it's hard for me. Great G shock otherwise. No complaints there. I was able to set it okay and it works and looks great. I do recommend it to anyone. If you have low vision, check out other G shock models.
on July 18, 2011
This is the coolest G-Shock watch I've owned so far. I've had a few over the years. I could always find them on base when I was in the military. But nowadays I couldn't seem to find this watch or any Casio G-shocks at all for that matter around town. Ebay turned up lackluster results. Amazon was the best bargain by far. I got this watch about $40 cheaper than what it was going for anywhere else, and I got free shipping. Can't beat it.
on June 21, 2012
This is an awesome watch! I am a Fire Fighter and be assured the watch I have gets abused and exposed to some serious conditions. It holds up and had no scratches on the face and is still keeping accurate time. I would suggest it to anyone who is looking for a stylish rugged watch and you want it to perform under the most extreme conditions.
on June 17, 2015
I work in the emergency medical field and need a watch that can take a beating. This watch meets all my needs the only down side and its really not to bad is the LED backlight. I am a big guy and have big wrists and this watch fits very comfortably i would definitely recommend this to any one looking for a great watch at a great price the pictures dont do this watch justice it looks amazing!!
on February 3, 2015
Quick and easy, this is a great watch but does have a few flaws. The main one being the lighting feature. As other reviewers have stated the light seems to be the wrong type and in the wrong location. It's not a back light like commonly seen in most digital watches so you have to angle the watch so the light bounces the correct way so you can see the time. If that isn't a huge factor, this watch is great for it's price.

Long and complicated, I have had this watch for about 2 years now. It's been through some rough times with me but nothing too extreme. It still works perfectly and there has only been on situation where the watch was not operating as intended.

Comfort:
The watch fits great on the band and has enough slots that it's easy to find a spot that fits your wrist snug without being too tight. The face of it can look quite large if you have a small wrist. For reference the circumference of my wrist is about 7in (roughly 18cm) and if my wrist were any smaller it would look too large on my arm. The band is made out of the same rubber material that most digital watch bands are made of so it isn't the best if you are going to be sweating quite a bit with it on. I would recommend a breathable sport band if sweat is something you're going to be doing often in this watch.

Functions:
This watch does a lot. So much so that I recommend you don't toss that manual out as soon as you put it on. I found myself, the first year I had it, looking up just how to do a specific function involving switching the time for daylight savings both times I had to do it for the first year. I'll give a somewhat brief rundown of what the watch does when the mode button is pressed each time at the time (home) screen.
1 Press
This takes you to the stopwatch. Nothing too special here, if you have owned a digital watch previously. It shows hours, minutes, seconds, and a second dial on the face track your milliseconds. It can show lap times and also does split time.
2 Presses
This is your timer. Set it for X amount of time and it will countdown. Upon hitting zero you will get an alarm. You can set this to repeat so necessary; helpful if you need to check something every X hours or X minutes.
3 Presses
This is world time mode. This is extremely helpful if you find yourself traveling quite a bit between time zones. It has several cities for a total of 29 time zones and cycles through them as you press another button. The nice function about this is that you can swap your current 'home' city with any of these at any time. It stops you from having to reset the time on your watch every time you will be spending a length time in a time zone that isn't home. Each time here can have it's own daylight settings time as not all time zones practice DST.
4 Presses
This is your alarm. You can set up to four standard alarms plus a snooze alarm. The only difference between the two types is that any button press silences the normal 4 alarms. The snooze alarm will silence, temporarily, when a button is pressed and will continue to go off every 5 minutes until you come back to this menu and turn it off.
5 Presses takes you back to the home screen

Lighting:
The watch has some type of glow in the dark/reflective coating on the hour and minute hands. It's an attempt to allow you to read the analog hands in low light. It honestly doesn't come off very well. The edges of the clock aren't numbered or reflective. The hands also aren't the most distinct size wise so it can be difficult to tell which hand is which. If the LED button is pressed, a light will shine from just underneath the 6 position, and nowhere else. There isn't a back light that is commonly seen on digital watches. It causes you to have to tilt the watch at a certain angle to get a good enough view to see the time. It can be very inconvenient if one has to see the time in the dark. It almost requires you to have the light set for the longest setting just so you have enough time to tilt it and get the correct angle so you can see the watch. Having trouble seeing the face of a watch is a major problem as not seeing it completely removes its functionality.

Durability:
I have banged this watch up and put it through the ringer. I've dropped it in wet concrete, had it on for hours in the ocean (no more than ~25feet/~7.6meters), and have had it on in some extreme climates. And an extreme climate is the only time I've had a serious issue with the watch. I was in an area where the average temperature outdoors was consistently around 100°F(38°C) with an extremely high humidity percentage. The temperature change from going indoors to outdoors would cause the watch to reset. I'm not at all sure but humidity may have been the culprit here as the face of the watch would heavily fog.After wiping it off, the fog would remain, meaning it was occurring on the inside as well. Outside of this environment, I have never been able to recreate this problem.

Look:
This category is definitely based on perspective, but it's clear this watch was built for function over from. It's large and isn't the prettiest of watches. It's not the first thing I would put on if I were concerned about matching a watch to formal or professional attire. If that is something you're looking for, I would definitely look for one with a smaller face.

Overall I would recommend this watch if nighttime viewing is something that is not a major factor. It's been good to me even though I have been quite rough to it. It has more functions than the average person needs but they are quite handy if used. The lighting situation is the only thing stopping this from being a 5 star, definite recommend product.
on June 2, 2011
I love this watch. I have been wanting one for a while and i finally decided to get it and it was a great decision. The size is perfect because i like bigger watches but its nothing too drastic. The watch has held up amazingly i tested it in the waters last week and it ran smoothly.
on May 14, 2011
Good watch overall ecxept the light it lights up from the bottom of the watch which makes the watch hard to read in the dark
on July 28, 2015
Beautiful and functional watch. If you are in the market for a digital watch, you can blindly trust the reviews of this product and purchase it. Its only been a couple of weeks, but I've enjoyed playing around with the settings and wearing it.