5.0 out of 5 stars I watch I don't feel bad about abusing
Apparently I don't know how to take care of watches, I'm notorious for busting the pins from the straps and the watch, and I've scratched and cracked a few of my watches faces, so instead of constantly repairing my watches my wife suggested I get something I can still wear daily but at the same time would be built to keep up with me.

Enter G-Shock. I don't deny...
Published 16 months ago by Mr. Fancy Pants

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective buttons
This buttons are not always responsive. You'll learn this the hard way when you go to set the stop watch only to realize many minutes later the stop watch hasn't been set and is still at 0:00. Sometimes, it takes multiple presses before the buttons function.
Published 6 months ago by blackomen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I watch I don't feel bad about abusing, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's GA110C-1A G Shock Analog/Digital Grey Resin Strap Watch (Watch)

Enter G-Shock. I don't deny it was with a semi joke that I started looking at G-Shock but after reading all the reviews I couldn't help but notice that it might be for me.

After picking through all the watches I decided on the looks of the GA-110, mostly because it was a hybrid of analog and digital, plus it showed the date (I'm a simple guy), the speed gauge is more of a nifty conversation piece, though I'll be honest, I need to sit down and figure out how to use it properly. The multiple time zones are nice but in all honesty I spend most of my time on the west coast and Hawaii and that's of course where the water resistance is going to come in handy because I would really rather keep it on my wrist rather than trying to tuck it away in my backpack when I'm out in the water. Yes the light is dim on the watch but none of my other watches lit up so it's not really an issue with me since it never meant anything to me. The face was initially hard to read because I'm use to much simpler designs but it didn't take me long to get used to it and now I can read it easily at a glance, even in a dark room.

2 months into having the watch it has survived a low side on my motorcycle, multiple attacks by my cat, and just daily banging around without a scratch. I think I've made a very wise purchase, plus the big playful look of it catches the attention of my friends who like to poke fun of me for being so "trendy".

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch, August 4, 2011
First off, this watch is really cool, I loved it straight out of the box. It is more gray than I was expecting from the picture, but it's cool. It catches a lot of attention, but WAY more subtle than white. This watch is more bulky than my other watches, so I'm always bumping it on stuff. Good thing this sucker is bomb proof. It'll be around way longer than the person wearing it. One thing I really like is that it goes pretty much with everything, from dressed up to casual. One thing I don't like is that it's kind of a pain in the ass to set, and use all the functions. You will need to read, and re read the manual. Overall I'm very happy I went with this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, you would think it's perfect, June 13, 2014
I really love the design of the watch, but there's enough annoying parts on the watch to get a 4 star. For one, the light is actually the worst thing I've ever seen. It's practically useless if you're in a really dark place. Another thing is that the tickers get in the way and since it's a digital watch I rarely ever look at the tickers. On my previous illuminator, the date was on the watch without having to press buttons, now you have to find the date and I wanted to just be able to look quickly because they're supposed to be able to save time. But I can't really complain because talking about looks, they're supreme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweeeet!!!, December 20, 2013
This watch is BAD A$$, period. You won't be disappointed. The dark charcoal grey is much better looking than black. Way cool. Oh, and the stopwatch, timer, alarm clock, and auto light are great features to have on a watch. I have a buddy that bought a $350 dollar G-Shock, and he was jealous when we saw mine. He was so bummed my was better looking and cost half of what his did! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Purchase, November 25, 2011
The watch arrived on time and in great condition. These sellers are great. I would be careful with these G-Shock watches because the booklet of directions is extensive. There are so many settings to make sure to get right. Overall great quality item, just a little hard to program.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, December 30, 2014
Pros:
- I own many G-Shock watches. And I'm pretty good at setting the time and figuring everything out without using a manual. This one not so much. It's a little complicated, but THANKFULLY, it comes with a manual.
- It has the standard G-shock features - stop watch, timer, time in various time zones, etc.
- Nice size. Won't look masculine on a woman's hand. Conversely, won't look feminine on a man's hand.
- Goes with almost anything.

Con:
- There is no truth in advertising. I expected a grey face with a black band, as indicated by the product description. Not so. It's ALL grey. I'll keep it because I like it and I collect G-shocks but disappointed by the band color.
- As mentioned, don't even think about trying to figure out certain functions without the aid of the manual. It can be done, but would be incredibly time consuming.

Overall, a great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, December 16, 2012
good luck trying to find a guy who can dial it in for ya, the directions are like a small novel. im trying u toob

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch! I love it!, June 26, 2013
I did a ton of research before buying this watch. I pretty much agree with what many other have to say. I love the fit and look of this watch. It seems to have plenty of adjustment. Pretty simple to operate with a little bit of time spent playing with its features. So far has been very rugged. I wear it to work and its got pretty dirty, still in great shape. Only down side is the light as others have mentioned. It only stays on for 1 second, and its pretty difficult to read the LCD when its on. However, it doesn't bother me that much. I would surely buy it again!

4.0 out of 5 stars The watch has a ton of features just like most Casio G Shocks, February 18, 2015
The watch has a ton of features just like most Casio G Shocks. The only thing that is very disappointing with Casio is their ability to have a "Louder" alarm tone in most of their watches...So, That been said this is not a watch you will buy to depend on it as an alarm type of watch. I was very surprised with how light it is for the size. Other than the alarm squeamish beep I am very happy with it. Also it is not black it is grey in color but still very cool! Cheers Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Sporty and Durable, March 6, 2014
ok guys i ran my Silverado over this watch just to test! i am still wearing this watch everyday, should say something about it! fantastic watch this is my 2nd one, since my first one was taken away by my brother. def. recommend this, the dial is very crisp and clear and digital readability it great!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›