Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Discover it Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on July 22, 2014
This watch is for you If you are looking for a black, analog G-shock watch without all the bells and whistles of the more expensive models. The GA150-1ACR is a lightweight, sporty, rugged and just overall awesome looking watch. The watch looks just like the picture, check out my "Customer image".

Pros: I really like the carved out 3D look of the dial and face, and the watch materials and construction have a high quality feel. The negative digital displays are useful and pretty easy to read except in extremely low light conditions. It is also a relatively simple watch and it doesn't have solar battery charging; and that is just fine because you don't have to leave it in the light to charge. I agree with another reviewer who said its cool to watch the dial automatically adjust when you change time zones.

Cons: The dim, orange light function points down above the watch hands and don't do very much. And I wish the band was a little bit more comfortable (I'm used to metal linked bands), but this is my first G-Shock and I'm warming up to it.

This watch met all my expectations; I am extremely happy with my new watch and now I have an urge to collect G-Shock watches!
review image
44 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2013
First watch was other GShock, atomic, solar...good in theory, but hard to read and impossible to keep charged. Second choice was an Invicta (12345), looked bad azz, but was WAY to big to be comfortable for everyday wear. Third choice, this watch. Perfect size, very comfortable, easy to read, illumination is different then other Gshocks that it is an amber backlight that isn't perfect for reading the time but looks very cool and classy. For just over 100, I couldn't be happier. Hope and expect it to last for many years...thnks, Grshppr710
on June 23, 2014
Durable, good looking, and comfortable. I love the G-Shock and this specific model/color is great. I'm a big fan of the all black look. It's easy to read and extremely comfortable. It's a great "daily" watch or to use for more rugged activities so you don't risk damaging your more formal timepiece. Others have mentioned the back light being dim and this is true. However, it's still easy to see the hour and minute hand with the back light lit up. This is a great watch at a great price.
on December 29, 2012
This is my 5th G-Shock watch, and by far my favorite. My last one was solar powered and stopped holding a charge, so I decided to go back to a standard battery. This watch doesn't have a bunch of useless gauges or gimmicks that don't do anything, but it does have every useful function I need; timer, stopwatch, world time, and multiple alarms. It is also a very good looking large watch, which I happen to love the fact that it's big. The complaint I've seen about the light, in my opinion, is not completely true. I took it to a pitch black room and could read the analog time perfectly. The digital displays are unreadable, but if you need full visibility at night then I'd recommend getting a straight digital with indiglo.
on April 23, 2014
It's a good looking watch. Bought it primarily for hikes so I wouldn't have to pull my cell out everytime I needed the time but I do wear it as a regular everyday watch.
Here's the deal due to force of habit I still pull my damn phone out to check the time. That's my fault I hope that changes.

Pros:
Good looking
Tough as nails
The hands are big enough to get a general idea of the time.

Cons:
Digital read outs are hard to read especially in dim light
The light is pretty much useless and I mean useless!
on February 10, 2015
I own a nice dress watch and wanted one that I could bang around. Military guy, ocean swimmer, so I wanted something rugged. Some thoughts:
The good
- Big but lightweight. I tend to just leave it on because it's so light you don't even notice it's on.
- Accurate. Yea mechanical watches are stylish and show that you care but I don't anymore. Give me a quartz that you can set and forget anyday. At this rate I'll have to reset the time about once a month or two. FAR less than I ever did with a mechanical watch
- Low visibility. This is a feature not a defect. If you're in the military (for real vs. wanting to look like it) you really don't want a bright watch. In the old days I wore a mechanical diver's watch that had HIGHLY visible hands and I wore it turned in precisely because it was so bright that I figured it was a target. I can easily see the hour and minute hands on this using the light feature and you have the benefit of NOT seeing any light when you don't want to.
The not so good
- Others have mentioned it but I'm not young anymore and I just can't see the lower LCD without reading glasses unless the light is perfect. That means that I can't see the date or operate the timer or stopwatch without glasses. There is a kind of cool dial on the 3 oclock position of the face that is essentially useless. You could replace that with a larger LCD for the date, do the same thing at the 9 oclock position for the stop watch/timer and hugely increase the usability of the watch.
Bit of a PITA to set up but if you're reasonably tech savy and are willing to mess around with it a bit you'll get it set-up and know how to operate it in 20 minutes. Should be easier but it's not that big a deal.
It's not that the watch is poor, it's a good inexpenisve watch. Just can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't make the LCD's bigger.
on December 3, 2013
I've had the watch for about a week now. So far I really love this watch. The face of the watch looks awesome. I'm a big fan of black so I love the look of it.

The functionality of it is pretty easy to pickup. If you spend 10minutes looking over the manual you'll have it down. I saw a review that it was hard to navigate or change the time. I think it's pretty easy if you are used to digital watches.

It's light for the size of the watch and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I'm really a big fan!
on January 6, 2016
About two years ago (2014), I was looking for a shock resistant and magnetic field resistant watch for work. I found this G-Shock and did a good bit of research. I purchased this watch thinking it would live up to it's reputation. IT DID NOT. After about 3 months, about a week past the date that I could return it to Amazon, the watch started to reset itself (not keep time at all). I thought it was the battery. I had the battery replaced. Still had the problem with setting and keeping time. I did a little research and apparently you have to "zero" the watch. WHAT? It has to do with setting the hands on 12 AM/12 PM... Finally got the watch to "zero". However, there is a second dial on the watch face that has to do with the stop watch, I never have gotten it to "zero" again. Other the next two years, a few issues from here and there, but still not really happy with the watch. Then I got to work today...I had to "zero" it again. THIS WATCH IS NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE. If you are looking for a basic watch, I would not buy this one. I think I got a lemon. I'm going back to my Swiss Army watch that just tells time....
on July 5, 2013
This thing is awesome. I love this watch...yeah yeah, it sucks boo hoo you cant see the digital screens at night....by the time it gets dark I usually know what the date is anyways....If you like the murdered out flat black look to match your ar15, buy this watch...it's big too... about the same diameter as the 8.4 oz redbull can
on October 25, 2012
This is a good watch. The overall weight is low and the appearance is great. When you hit the illumination button you get a clear view of the watch hands to make a guess on the current time. The display is configured very well even though you do need the manual in order to change the time and date as it is not intuitive. Either way great watch.