5.0 out of 5 stars Casio GA201-1 Sports Watch
Published on April 29, 2012 by James Oneill

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looks, but hard to read time...
Published on April 1, 2012 by AY

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looks, but hard to read time..., April 1, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's GA201-1 G-Shock Shock Resistant Black Resin Analog Sport Watch (Watch)
This is my very first G shock and I looked at pretty much all of the X-large G shocks out there online. Without a doubt, this is by far the best G shock out there...if you're just talking looks. With looks, comes sacrifices...because of all that shiny chrome-like metal parts in the face of the watch, including the hands, which seem to blend into the background, it is often hard to tell exactly what time it really is, especially out in the sun and often times under fluorescent lighting. Other than that, which is THE main function of a watch (!!) it's just like any other G shocks, a reliable, tough, manly watch. Needless to say, I immediately returned the product and got the GW3000BB-1A, which I've had for a week and can say with confidence that it beats all other G-shocks out there. If you're looking for the price range of $100-150 digital-analog G shocks, I would go with the GA-120 or GA-100 versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio GA201-1 Sports Watch, April 29, 2012
This Casio watch's analog and digital display is much more elegant/sportier in hand than its picture leads to believe. It looks much more expensive than the great amazon price paid. The day I received it, my co-worker liked it so much that he ordered one for himself. I liked the fact that the watch comes in a small metal box with plenty of foam padding and not with the usual plastic cases you find included with most econo sport watches. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch!, February 24, 2014
I wear this watch pretty much everyday for my work purposes, street wear, casual wear.

Aside from the days I go to church or formal gathering, this watch is worn pretty much everywhere I go.

Great watch for the price, didn't think Amazon would have a good deal for a G-Shock but I was wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks stunning!, November 21, 2012
W. Holcomb (Birmingham, AL) - See all my reviews
My wife ordered this watch for my birthday. I picked it out after 2 weeks of researching. I've wanted a g-shock for a few years and now this is the one I ended up with. So glad I picked this one out as it looks amazing and is the perfect size. Only down side like many have stated is the back light which is a bit dim. But, other than that, this watch is great! Also, shipped in 3 days using regular shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Inexpensive Watch, November 15, 2012
My husband, someone who only ever asks for expensive top of the line products, asked for this for his birthday. I thought he was kidding, but I bought anyway. He loves it. Wears it every day and tells me how much he loves it. I guess it's kind of cool?

1.0 out of 5 stars Casio Men's GA201-1 G-Shock Shock, January 30, 2014
The lighting for this watch is a joke! I cannot see anything with this orange LED. G WHIZ this sucks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy! Great Watch!, November 21, 2012
I bought this watch for my boyfriend for his birthday and I just received it. The picture does not do this watch justice it's a beautiful watch. Can be dressed up or dressed down. Can't wait to give it to him. It came very quick too!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my favorite watch at the moment for every day wear, November 30, 2014
This is my favorite watch at the moment for every day wear. Even though it is a larger watch it is still very comfortable and very sharp looking! I like the rugged feel and have no reserve of wearing it to the beach or out shoveling snow (we have both in MI). Like others have said it is a little difficult to read, and the light is pretty much pointless. Still it is great and other people always take notice of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars looks great, good price, September 28, 2014
I have a lot of watches including a couple pro-treks and this is one my favorite ones to wear. It has a lot of depth and the design makes it look like the watch face is chiseled into stone. It's also extremely light.

On the downside it gains about 10 seconds every few weeks, so it will eventually run a little ahead if you don't adjust it. Not a bad thing if you have a tendency to be late for stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014