5.0 out of 5 stars The size the 6900 series should have been (?), December 25, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's GD-X6900-1CR XL 6900 Digital Display Quartz Black Watch (Watch)
I sometimes thought the DW/GW6900's were a little on the small side, not so much with this GD-X6900. It's in Suunto Vector size territory!
The negative display takes a little getting used to, but I have been able to read the display...most of the time. I'd rather it had a positive display but hey, it works and looks cool at the same time.
To me the GD-X has a "semi-gloss" finish to the case and band. Maybe just a bit more shine than my GW6900. Not bad at all but, I'd prefer a more matte finish like on my older DW6900. But like I said before, it works.
Definitely comfortable on the wrist, it's a keeper for sure.

Update:
After living with this watch for awhile, I'm raising my review to 5 Stars. I've grown to really love this watch, it never leaves my wrist!

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G-Shock, therefore, not much needed to be said!, July 11, 2014
It's a Casio G-Shock... is there something else to say? Okay, here you have few tips... after reading the reviews, I noticed that some people claimed that it was hard to read the screen because it's dark. They need to change their prescription glasses. Someone else claimed that it wasn't as big as he thought it would be. Well, I guess that the guy was expecting to receive the Big Ben shipped directly from London. I am 6'1" / 210 pounds, so I am relatively big, and this watch represents me well for my size. Additionally, as a deep diver, I'm used to go to depths where most divers don't dare to go. Although I have a dive computer, I take my watch as a backup to those depths and it performs without a hint of trouble. The watch is great, period!

5.0 out of 5 stars Teenager proof, April 17, 2014
My 16 year old son wanted a watch he could wear to soccer practice, track & field practice & during general activities. I was hesitant to buy him one because I didn't think a watch could survive him. So far this watch has been drenched during track practice in the pouring rain, banged around while he climbed down a hillside & explored caves, been dropped while he ran for the bus, & overall been abused. It's still looks brand new & works fine. It is teenager proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, January 23, 2014
This latest addition to my G-Shock collection is quite a standout, the XL size looks great on the wrist!! This watch marks my 12th G-Shock watch to date and counting...

4.0 out of 5 stars G-Shocks collection is growing!, July 30, 2014
Disclaimer - I didn't buy this from Amazon but I should have!

Really like the look and feel of this watch. When I first bought it, I wasn't that crazy about the shiny face and bands, but it really grew on me. I think of it as the G-Shock Darth Vader would wear if he wore a G-Shock!

It's a bit larger then the regular DW6900. The illumination is terrific and reads equally well in low light and full light. Isn't totally overloaded with useless features. I've gotten a few compliments on it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, June 17, 2014
I am very picky about watches and have been looking at a few for awhile now. I wanted something simple and long lasting which this watch overall is. It is a comfortable watch but gave a rash the first day from not usually wearing watches. But I like the 10 year battery and the display is very good and wasn't hard to set-up to meet my timezone. Also for those allergic to nickel like I am, don't worry about this watch bothering you. I was worried about it acting up but I get no allergic reaction from this watch so its good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Watch, June 5, 2014
simply it's amazing watch very nice ! i am happy to buy it , very very cool watch , great watch .

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Casio I Own, May 7, 2014
I have had many Casio watches over the years and I am a big fan. This is probably my favorite of all time. It is very large and looks good on my wrist. Great functions, great value, very cool watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, April 27, 2014
I bought this watch back in the middle of January right before I was scheduled to head up to Canada for business. Well, it survived the brutal Canadian weather and is still going strong months later down in sunny Florida.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 6, 2014
it does all I need. Quite surprise when I realized that I can set many countries times...good buy for sure. Looks great at black. looks sharp.

Rate and Discover Movies