‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G-Shock, therefore, not much needed to be said!, July 11, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's GD-X6900-1CR XL 6900 Digital Display Quartz Black Watch (Watch)
It's a Casio G-Shock... is there something else to say? Okay, here you have few tips... after reading the reviews, I noticed that some people claimed that it was hard to read the screen because it's dark. They need to change their prescription glasses. Someone else claimed that it wasn't as big as he thought it would be. Well, I guess that the guy was expecting to receive the Big Ben shipped directly from London. I am 6'1" / 210 pounds, so I am relatively big, and this watch represents me well for my size. Additionally, as a deep diver, I'm used to go to depths where most divers don't dare to go. Although I have a dive computer, I take my watch as a backup to those depths and it performs without a hint of trouble. The watch is great, period!

5.0 out of 5 stars Teenager proof, April 17, 2014
My 16 year old son wanted a watch he could wear to soccer practice, track & field practice & during general activities. I was hesitant to buy him one because I didn't think a watch could survive him. So far this watch has been drenched during track practice in the pouring rain, banged around while he climbed down a hillside & explored caves, been dropped while he ran for the bus, & overall been abused. It's still looks brand new & works fine. It is teenager proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars The size the 6900 series should have been (?), December 25, 2013
I sometimes thought the DW/GW6900's were a little on the small side, not so much with this GD-X6900. It's in Suunto Vector size territory!
The negative display takes a little getting used to, but I have been able to read the display...most of the time. I'd rather it had a positive display but hey, it works and looks cool at the same time.
To me the GD-X has a "semi-gloss" finish to the case and band. Maybe just a bit more shine than my GW6900. Not bad at all but, I'd prefer a more matte finish like on my older DW6900. But like I said before, it works.
Definitely comfortable on the wrist, it's a keeper for sure.

Update:
After living with this watch for awhile, I'm raising my review to 5 Stars. I've grown to really love this watch, it never leaves my wrist!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, January 23, 2014
This latest addition to my G-Shock collection is quite a standout, the XL size looks great on the wrist!! This watch marks my 12th G-Shock watch to date and counting...

5.0 out of 5 stars My GW-500 took a back seat to it's new big brother, September 18, 2014
It's only been a few weeks but I'm really loving rocking this watch. Negative display isn't hard to read at all to me and my eye sight isn't that great. The resin does have an almost glossy look. A lot nicer than plain matte black to me. One reviewer said like Darth Vader and he's exactly right. I call it my "Vader Shock". I know kind of corny but if you let this baby ride on your wrist, you would understand. It's big but not heavy at all. It just looks incredible. The beeps are loud and the time, day and date are pretty large. The best thing to me is the led back light. It is unbelievably bright and lights the whole face bright blue. Not that aqua EL that you've seen for nearly 3 decades. This back light is more like your smart phone screen. I've never seen anything like it. Please, if you are debating buying this watch, let the debate be over. I honestly am going to buy another one soon and put it up in case something ever happens to this one. Thanks Casio. Thanks Amazon and thanks watch trendz. This is the most awesome watch ever and I get to rock it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice-looking, durable, digital, waterproof watch with multiple functions. Really liking ti so far!, August 17, 2014
N. Beitler "Avid Reader" (Aurora, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This is my first G-Shock watch, and so far I've been very pleased with it. Casio has a whole line of multi-colored and stylish watches in their catalog of G-Shock watches, so there is a great selection to choose from. I went with the solid black watch simply because I didn't want anything too flashy, and I wanted a watch that I could wear with any outfit without clashing. The watch is still very sharp in solid, glossy black, and I have received several compliments in the few weeks since I started wearing it. I chose this particular line of watches because I wanted something that was durable, waterproof, had timer and countdown functions, looked nice, and had a reputation of reliability. This watch fit all of my needs and I am quite pleased with this purchase, thus far. I would recommend this watch (or others in the G-Shock line) to others who are looking for similar qualities in a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars The GD-X6900-1CR is an awesome and flexible watch to own, August 28, 2014
The GD-X6900-1CR is an awesome and flexible watch to own. This watch is simplicity at its best. It does not come equipped with a crazy module. However, the modes which it does possess are more than enough to make this watch a daily wearer. The watch fits nicely on the wrist and who can ignore its attention getting presence while wearing the watch. Its not a heavy watch at all given its dimensions being 10% larger than the original DW-6900. The backlight is very bright and does the job for illuminating the watch's face nicely. Another cool feature of this watch it comes equipped with a TEN YEAR battery; so you won't have to worry about this at least for a good decade.

In conclusion, G-Shock delivered once again in this new version of the all time favorite and durable 6900 model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice sized, November 13, 2014
This is an excellent sized G-Shock. I'm 6'2", 280 lbs and my wrist is about 9 inches in circumference; this G-Shock doesn't look big on me at all. It's build is standard G-Shock quality = super solid and extremely durable. The display is very dark and next to impossible to read in a dark room, but in daylight and under standard room lighting, it's just fine. The "Super Illuminator" lights up the entire display, making it easily readable even in total darkness.

I got my first G-Shock in 1991 - during deployment at Operation Desert Storm - it ran for 14 years on the same battery. If I can get only half that out of this one, I'll be happy. So far, I'm more than pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars G-Shocks collection is growing!, July 30, 2014
Disclaimer - I didn't buy this from Amazon but I should have!

Really like the look and feel of this watch. When I first bought it, I wasn't that crazy about the shiny face and bands, but it really grew on me. I think of it as the G-Shock Darth Vader would wear if he wore a G-Shock!

It's a bit larger then the regular DW6900. The illumination is terrific and reads equally well in low light and full light. Isn't totally overloaded with useless features. I've gotten a few compliments on it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, June 17, 2014
I am very picky about watches and have been looking at a few for awhile now. I wanted something simple and long lasting which this watch overall is. It is a comfortable watch but gave a rash the first day from not usually wearing watches. But I like the 10 year battery and the display is very good and wasn't hard to set-up to meet my timezone. Also for those allergic to nickel like I am, don't worry about this watch bothering you. I was worried about it acting up but I get no allergic reaction from this watch so its good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›