4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool new G-shock
Published on November 11, 2010 by Mr. Ben

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings
PROS:
Looks as cool as a techno-watch gets from Casio; looks are stunning and attract lots of attention. Most of the features are common to digital watches day, date, alarms, chrono, timer, world time, etc.

CONS:
Published on May 5, 2012 by Amazon Vinny

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, May 5, 2012
PROS:

CONS:
The white gets dirty and stains from shirts and jackets. You can barely read the busy display and the minutes hand is black. Why black? The hour hand is white. The speed/distance feature is useless for most people, and the worst part is that the LED system truly is the worst implementation I've ever seen on any watch since the birth of digital watches in the late 70's - it looks bling when you activate it, but it completely fails to illuminate anything adequately enough to see in any level of darkness.

COMMENTS:
Make all colored plastics solid with zero painting (Otherwise, how can you say this is a "tough" watch?), dump the speed thing, redesign the backlight, get green by adding solar power, and you'll have a G-Shock worthy of the price tag or more.

OVERALL:
It's a fabulous LOOKING watch, and for its vibe I recommend it. But wear it sparingly to keep it clean. Beware of it's shotcomings before you buy - there are many more practical and useful models out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool new G-shock, November 11, 2010
At first when I started seeing the GA-110 design, I thought it was ugly. Some of the Japanese versions of this were a little out there as far as color pallette, and I thought the Dee and Ricky limited edition was hideous. but the more you see it, the more you come to appreciate the odd styling of the watch. Having it in person it kind of reminds me of the styling of a Star Wars Stormtrooper. I don't have the kind of money to import a G-shock, and the Dee and Ricky edition is skyrocketing in price. But the basic models that we have here in the US, black and white. Are both very worthy additions to your G-shock collection.

I have enough black watches, so this white and grey one had to be mine. A lot of sites comment on this model being large, but it really does not take up much more space on your wrist than a DW 6900, and in fact the profile of the watch is a little flatter than that particular model. The band is the "double hook" design, similar to the Mudman and Riseman watches which makes the whole thing look a lot thicker. The face is wonderfully "techie" even by G-shock standards. The LCD is split into two parts and you have a "speedometer" dial on the left side of the face, underneath the hands. I do have to say the hands on this white version can be hard to read against the busy background, I think some of the limiteds, with their vibrant hand colors are more readable, but you still have the digital face which is nice and clear.

Sticking to the analog portion of the watch, the hands do not smoothly sweep, instead you can see the minute hand "click" each minute, making the hand positions very precise- something I prefer over the gradual smooth movement you see on other watches. The hands do move smoothly when you set the time, however, which is very cool to view because you set the time the same way you would on any G-shock.
The LED illumination is a disappointment. The LCD is not electro-luminescent like on almost every other G-shock, instead there is one bright LED under the 6 o'clock position that illuminates across the face (its a yellow light). I think they only went with an LED for battery life, but that's just a guess. It does not do a good job of illuminating the hands OR the LCD, so its more for show than anything.

The watch has a good array of features: 4 alarms (plus snooze and an hourly signal), auto-light (which only stays active for 6 hours at a time, against to preserve battery life), Stopwatch/speedometer*, a 24 hour timer, and a world clock. The speedometer is a weird one since you set a distance (just a number, no actual unit like Miles or Kilometers) and then it basically seems to divide the time by that distance... and report it through the small analog arrow. I don't really get it, but I guess it does technically function as advertised, even if its pretty pointless (but then again, you're buying a ana-digi watch in an era where everyone has phones and computers with clocks built in). The other functions are pretty much the same from any G-shock.

So, if you're looking for an interesting (in that "so ugly its cool" way) looking watch, and something that is plenty durable, this is a fun watch. I wouldn't necessarily make it my daily "go-to" but its got a new, unique design and is a solid package with a few quirks and shortcomings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!! Doesnt compare to the picture even better!, April 5, 2011
Seen alot of kids in my school with different gshocks and thought they looked pretty cool. Wanted to get one nobody has yet but also nice and this watch was the one. Got so much compliments on the watch in and out of school. Very happy with my purchase, its a little expensive but worth the money. Sick watch overall looks even better in person has a nice clean design finish. Makes any outfit look ten times better with it on. Perfect size and easily stands out.

Con: Be careful to not hit it on a edge of something especially if it sharp, the paint will chip. Happened to my first one that came in the mail the first few days i had it and exchanged it for a new one the next day. Had my second one for a month now and it is still brand new with no damages and ive been wearing it everyday but just being more careful with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Grey background and grey dials don't mix, January 18, 2013
Strosek (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
The background and the dials are too similar on this watch. The watch itself is beautiful, and being a G-Shock, no doubt it is a extremely rugged. The dials look readable on the website, but on your hand it is extremely difficult to read. I like to be able to glance at my watch and tell time. This one required staring at it for 30 seconds. I ended up returning it and buying one with a black background and white dials. I love G-Shock so I'm hoping this is much better. If you have super eyes this may be a good pick for you but if not I'd stay away.

5.0 out of 5 stars incredible!, March 24, 2011
i always wanted to get a Casio G Shock watch, but was worried that none of the series would have a large enough face to look good on my wrist. This model of the G Shock is perfect, with it's large 50mm+ bezel.

the photos do this watch no justice, it's a work of art. beautiful, tough, rugged and built to last, i can not begin to convey how happy this watch has made me.

i highly recommend this watch for any man, and i will be picking up the all black model shortly.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOTTEST WATCH AROUND, March 25, 2011
This is a guy watch, as I was told. Its great with jeans and hanging out. I don't see this as a "going to a wedding type of watch". Tough there may be the guy out there that might do that. Its A MUST HAVE watch though who appreciates the G Shock. Beautiful and trendy Watch for a guy. I was informed its comfortable to wear. Affordable and keeps time perfect. No colour fading, which is important being that its white; though my guy really takes care of it. Great seller, great product and great packaging. Item arrived quickly.
Will purchase again. Highly recommeded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, like most of the G-Shocks I own, BUT...., February 4, 2012
G-Shocks are awesome watches, they really are. Stylish, look big but actually are lightweight, very comfortable, durable, keep time perfectly, nice features, I mean I can go on and on and on. There's only one thing I don't like about this one in particular is the LED illumination on this one is bad. Even in dark areas, if you turn on that light you can still barely make out what time it is. I think it's because of the background and color of the screen. My other G-Shock that has a similar illuminator (G-Shock GA100 X-Large Digital Military Series Watch) except it actually works perfectly. The screen on that one is all black with grey numbers so the light makes it super easy to make out. This white one lights up with an awkward yellow LED, two on each side at the bottom, and I'd almost rather try to read the time without it. Otherwise, its a great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch, October 29, 2013
Bought this watch for work because I work in a physical environment and an constantly hitting my wrist and hands on things and I didn't want to bang up some of my nicer watches. This is a great watch, lots of functions that I didn't think I would use but I am finding myself using them all the time. Its a big faced watch which I like but its very light weight, you hardly notice its there. Ive received lots of compliments on it so far. I would recommend anyone who wants to a durable but stylish watch they get this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now Im jersey shore, July 1, 2013
This review is from: GShock XL Combi Watch (Watch)
what can I say, this watch makes me feel like going out getting drunk and sleeping with all the local snookies and go to the gym the tanning bed and the laundry mat hung over the next morning

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet watch, April 25, 2013
What an awesome watch! I have gotten so many compliments! It is a must buy! Would recommend to any one purchasing it!

GShock XL Combi Watch