Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio GW300A-2V Casio Solar, Atomic Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

I actually bought the black version of this watch, but the site no longer lists that version so I'll put my thoughts here...

First, the Pros & Cons...

Pros:
------
- Syncs to the Atomic signal for ultra accurate time keeping
- Solar Powered
- BIG display with BIG characters, nothing more than a quick glance is needed to get the info you need
- Auto-Illumination, in dimlit situations when you turn the watch towards your face it auto-illuminates.
- True to being a G-Shock, it's a thick and beefy watch and even the band is extra thick...Definitely has the G-Shock 'feel'

Cons:
------
- SWEAT! Also true to the G-Shock legacy is how this watch causes a sweaty wrist. This watch is even more prone to causing sweat from it's especially thick plastic band.
- Hard to get at recessed buttons
- No countdown timer

This is my 3rd G-Shock (gave my first to my brother, the 2nd I wore out the band and just threw it away instead of dealing with getting a new band). I bought it because the aspect of having a G-Shock that synced with the Atomic Signal was very appealing and having it be Solar Powered was a big bonus. I am NOT sorry for buying this watch!

I wanted an impervious-to-everyday-wear-n-tear, accurate, easy to read display and this watch fits the bill and then some. Though the recessed buttons are actually annoying to access, I don't use the other modes all that often so it's not that big a problem for me.

Great watch, I've already recommended it to a few friends
on March 30, 2006
First of all, it works, but it's almost like it has to learn where the radio tower is before it can set the time -- took several days before it began to receive a strong signal.

According to the mileage calculator at:
[...]
I'm about 1200 miles from the transmitter as the crow flies. This could have been sun spots; who knows? After "training" the watch has updated every night as per claims.

It's a BIG watch. It doesn't look too big in the mirror, but it looks big to me when I look down. Also, my shirt cuffs won't pass over it.

If you have ever worked on your car with a digital watch on, you will know why the push buttons are protected on this watch. There is absolutely no way you can press a button accidentally. There is almost no way you can press one intentionally, as well. Whoever designed this watch had tiny fingers. I suspect that part of the klutziness is because the buttons protect a water proof seal in order to meet the depth rating claimed.

I keep a specially shaped thumb nail handy in case I want to push a button to find out something in addition to the time and date. This is unfortunate because the watch is full of special functions that could be useful if one could get at them easier. The functions are in reverse order of how I would use them. First comes time zone, then stored times, followed by alarms, then the timer. You can't use most of these without the manual, so the difficulty of pushing the buttons is almost irrelevant.

The blue color is a nice touch. The strap and case are what I would call "midnight blue" with just hints of powder blue around the silver colored bezel. The blue lends some class to a plastic covered watch, in my opinion.

A big plus is that the digital display is easy to read without reading glasses because of the BIG numbers. For this reason alone, I will keep it.
on September 29, 2005
I got this watch to replace a Timex Sports Watch. I have been through two Timex watches that claimed to be water "resistant" to 100 m, but both crapped out swimming on the surface of a pool. So far, the Casio remains water tight. The radio controlled time reset function didn't work at first, but after about three days it started working and has worked ever since. My only complaint is the stiffness of the buttons. It is especially frustrating with the stopwatch function as I actually use it. Because the buttons are recessed, I have to use a pen to press the buttons and their stiffness compromises the accuracy of what I'm timing.
on April 13, 2006
So far I have found this watch to be a great investment if you desire a blend of high tech, ruggedness and versatility. I have not expereinced any of the problems of some of the other reviewers.... Gov atomic clock time synchonization worked perfectly right out of the box, whether manually or on auto (perhaps reading the instruction's many caveats helped me avoid typical problems). The buttons are what you would expect as to firmness ...when you consider they have to be leak proof at 200 meters. No regrets at all here and if I were buying a tough, hyper-accurate sports watch, its what I'd buy again today.
on February 20, 2006
I am very satisfied with the watch I purchased a month ago. Even the free shipping was very fast, it only took about 4 to 5 days. The price is very reasonable, The time is very accurate. I wear it every day and I am proud of myself of purchasing this product.
on August 10, 2006
I purchased this watch on a Marine base in San Diego. The reason I had to purchase a watch was that my Timex Helix (which was supposed to be water resistant) fogged up after running a mile and a half. After getting in touch with Timex, I was told that it would cost $50 for them just to look at it. Forget that! I wanted a rugged watch and found the features on this watch exceptional. Atomic time setting is fantastic, it is within a second of my bedside atomic setting clock. Solar powered and never having to replace batteries is great. I travel alot and the World Time is a must. When using the World Time the watch lets you know what time it is back home. Yes, the buttons are hard to reach but maybe that helps in the protection. It is a small price to pay for the great features of this watch!
on April 18, 2004
I first saw this GShock reviewed favorably in Men's Health magazine. I adore new gadgets but hesitated... did I really need a new watch??? Well, this one has four outstanding features that attracted me: 1) It's solar powered - never buy another battery again 2) it's atomic - receives a signal so you'll always have exact time! 3) world times are automatically configured from your home location 4) it's waterproof, attractive and vitually indistructable. I read some people had trouble synching the watch... but I followed the instructions and it works brilliantly, especially at night. It's fun to see my watch and atomic desk clock in perfect synch. I think of home when I'm away and my heart skips a beat. Not bad, if you're sentimental like me. I LOVE THIS WATCH!!!
on January 10, 2007
If you're looking for a watch that can take tons of abuse and still keep perfect time, this is your watch.

No longer do you have to worry about setting the time when you travel or purchasing a battery because your watch won't run without it. Put it on your wrist and forget it.

Durable, well constructed, and accurate, this watch works as hard as you do.
on June 14, 2010
This watch combines the convenience of atomic synchronization with the freedom from battery replacement as it is solarly powered. The only drawback is that after some time the night light feature stopped working.
on November 3, 2006
Resistant, sporty, durable... A good piece of equipment for those who have a tough job.