4.0 out of 5 stars special purpose watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing reliability, hard to set
Published 5 months ago by ed w

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars special purpose watch, August 31, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's GW4000-1A G-Shock Shock Resistant Black Resin Analog Sport Watch (Watch)
I love this watch. It is, as the other reviews say, difficult to setup the 1st time (watch a couple youtube videos on how to set up after reading manual) but once you get it set it works flawlessly. I really like the large face, night floresence, spot on time keeping, UTC/zulu time and its ruggedness. I am a swimmer, pilot, mtn biker and this works well for all plus I honestly enjoy putting it on my wrist every day.

4.0 out of 5 stars good looking & accurate watch, May 26, 2012
I have been waiting a long time for this watch to be available in the states. Good looking and accurate watch. It was more stylist than I thought it would be. I love the idea of no more batteries, that is the main reason I bought it. The reason I did not give 5 stars, the stopwatch section is kind of small to read and the top left hand 24hr I think is useless. Since this is analog watch, it does not have a light, but still keep trying to push the top-right button, I will have to get use to it. When it updates at night, I checked it on the official USA time and it spot on, very cool. The idea of no more batteries and accuracy really drove me to purchase the watch and this has been fulfilled.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best rugged formal watch, May 13, 2014
I love everything about this watch. This is my 4th Casio watch. My first G-shock was purchased in 2004, it was a regular G-shock (non-solar, non-atomic) and it came with a 8-year battery life. I'm happy to report that it is still going strong (even after 11 years). I dropped that watch on cement pavement, banged it against the door and even took a dip into the pool a couple of times... and my g-shock handled all that without breaking a sweat. So after discovering the toughness of these watches, I bought few more casio g-shock and pathfinder watches and I absolutely love them all. I find these to be a perfect balance of technology, product build quality and price. They are a very nicely engineered timepieces. Also, I like the general style of these rather large and sometimes gaudy casio watches. Although, I might never understand the value of a $1500 MT-G but I will gladly pay $350 for an atomic, solar, titanum, 200m water resistant awesome looking watch. As for this particular watch here, I like that its black so I can wear it to work everyday. The bright orange highlights near the edges of the crown/strap make it stand out without looking gaudy. The numbers and other detail inside the dial is very pretty. The metal body of the watch (underneath the rubber face) is not exactly black (more like grayish-greenish tinge) and it looks really good. The rubber strap felt slightly thin at first but feels absolutely perfect now. If it would have been any thicker, it wouldn't be as comfortable on the wrist. Upon receiving the watch, setting up the time was not intuitive but I watched a video on youtube and figured it out. I don't care about any of its outdoor features and will never use them. I'm just glad that this watch will last me a lifetime and since its solar, it will never have to be taken into a watch repair shop for changing batteries and stuff. I don't know about you but I could never look at my watch the same way once its been to the repair shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant't go wrong, June 17, 2012
I collect watches, and this has resulted in the one I use most! No Batteries, no water problem and exact it is always there doing superb ally what a watch is suppose to do. I really do not care for the other fine print bells and whistles.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, June 2, 2012
The watch looks a lot better in person than in the product pictures, also it's a lot lighter than I would have expected.

Set-up takes a while as all the "menus" and actions are represented through the watch hands, but ~30 minutes you're good to go.

love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this watch (if you're man enough) and become something!, July 18, 2014
I bought this watch as an everyday wear because I was beating up my GWA-1000 too much. I love it! It doesn't have all of the advanced features of the GWA, but it still has the important stuff, atomic timekeeping, tough movement, solar powered, alarm, and stopwatch. These atomic GShocks are the most accurate watches I've ever seen! They are more accurate than the time on your cellphone which is pretty cool. This model is perfect size, not too tall, and feels very comfortable on the wrist. I haven't taken it off in over three months for any reason and I don't even know its there when I'm wearing it. I have ridden motorcycles, fished, swam in pools and the ocean, showered, climbed trees, shot guns, snorkeled, blasted off tons of fireworks, cooked, cleaned, built a fence, fixed my roof, wrestled a bear, worked on my car, built a rocket and flown to the moon, arm wrestled Arnold Scwharzenegger (and won), knitted a quilt, and slayed at least ten vampires all while knowing EXACTLY what time it was. You too can be as awesome as me if you wear this watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing reliability, hard to set, March 4, 2014
Great looking watch. Super light and comfortable to wear. Solar feature and atomic time keeping are enough to make me never go back to a regular battery powered watch. It's also very clear and easy to read. Sadly I've had this back to Casio a couple times. First time the second and minute hands froze and wouldn't move. After repair the watch went back only to keep incorrect time. They fixed it again, and keeps good time now, but constantly have problem with the day of the week dial where it loses calibration and points in the wrong spot. Out of warranty now so guess it's my problem. It's also very difficult to set up. I'm normally very good with gadgets and electronics, but I have to follow along with the YouTube video every time I need to adjust something. I'm still a big fan of gshock, but will prob stick to a digital one for my next watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, October 12, 2013
Nice piece, loads of features. Only thing I would add is a backlight of sorts. The lume is pretty good, but does taper off into the night, or really long flight.

5.0 out of 5 stars COOL., July 29, 2013
this watch is pretty cool on my wrist. because my wrist is thin, so the band is too long .
But it's looks pretty COOL, LOVE IT . this is a gift for my friend..

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect watch, April 27, 2013
I am very happy with it, very cool and looks much better than picture on hand.
Also, i found a way to syn my time with atomic time clock in Japan from Australia.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›