Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on May 13, 2014
I love everything about this watch. This is my 4th Casio watch. My first G-shock was purchased in 2004, it was a regular G-shock (non-solar, non-atomic) and it came with a 8-year battery life. I'm happy to report that it is still going strong (even after 11 years). I dropped that watch on cement pavement, banged it against the door and even took a dip into the pool a couple of times... and my g-shock handled all that without breaking a sweat. So after discovering the toughness of these watches, I bought few more casio g-shock and pathfinder watches and I absolutely love them all. I find these to be a perfect balance of technology, product build quality and price. They are a very nicely engineered timepieces. Also, I like the general style of these rather large and sometimes gaudy casio watches. Although, I might never understand the value of a $1500 MT-G but I will gladly pay $350 for an atomic, solar, titanum, 200m water resistant awesome looking watch. As for this particular watch here, I like that its black so I can wear it to work everyday. The bright orange highlights near the edges of the crown/strap make it stand out without looking gaudy. The numbers and other detail inside the dial is very pretty. The metal body of the watch (underneath the rubber face) is not exactly black (more like grayish-greenish tinge) and it looks really good. The rubber strap felt slightly thin at first but feels absolutely perfect now. If it would have been any thicker, it wouldn't be as comfortable on the wrist. Upon receiving the watch, setting up the time was not intuitive but I watched a video on youtube and figured it out. I don't care about any of its outdoor features and will never use them. I'm just glad that this watch will last me a lifetime and since its solar, it will never have to be taken into a watch repair shop for changing batteries and stuff. I don't know about you but I could never look at my watch the same way once its been to the repair shop.
review image review image review image
on August 31, 2012
I love this watch. It is, as the other reviews say, difficult to setup the 1st time (watch a couple youtube videos on how to set up after reading manual) but once you get it set it works flawlessly. I really like the large face, night floresence, spot on time keeping, UTC/zulu time and its ruggedness. I am a swimmer, pilot, mtn biker and this works well for all plus I honestly enjoy putting it on my wrist every day.
11 comment15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2012
I have been waiting a long time for this watch to be available in the states. Good looking and accurate watch. It was more stylist than I thought it would be. I love the idea of no more batteries, that is the main reason I bought it. The reason I did not give 5 stars, the stopwatch section is kind of small to read and the top left hand 24hr I think is useless. Since this is analog watch, it does not have a light, but still keep trying to push the top-right button, I will have to get use to it. When it updates at night, I checked it on the official USA time and it spot on, very cool. The idea of no more batteries and accuracy really drove me to purchase the watch and this has been fulfilled.
22 comments13 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2014
I bought this watch as an everyday wear because I was beating up my GWA-1000 too much. I love it! It doesn't have all of the advanced features of the GWA, but it still has the important stuff, atomic timekeeping, tough movement, solar powered, alarm, and stopwatch. These atomic GShocks are the most accurate watches I've ever seen! They are more accurate than the time on your cellphone which is pretty cool. This model is perfect size, not too tall, and feels very comfortable on the wrist. I haven't taken it off in over three months for any reason and I don't even know its there when I'm wearing it. I have ridden motorcycles, fished, swam in pools and the ocean, showered, climbed trees, shot guns, snorkeled, blasted off tons of fireworks, cooked, cleaned, built a fence, fixed my roof, wrestled a bear, worked on my car, built a rocket and flown to the moon, arm wrestled Arnold Scwharzenegger (and won), knitted a quilt, and slayed at least ten vampires all while knowing EXACTLY what time it was. You too can be as awesome as me if you wear this watch.
on June 17, 2012
I collect watches, and this has resulted in the one I use most! No Batteries, no water problem and exact it is always there doing superb ally what a watch is suppose to do. I really do not care for the other fine print bells and whistles.
on June 2, 2012
The watch looks a lot better in person than in the product pictures, also it's a lot lighter than I would have expected.

Set-up takes a while as all the "menus" and actions are represented through the watch hands, but ~30 minutes you're good to go.

love it!
0Comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2014
I spent a great deal of time debating internally which watch I should select. I tend to be rather frugal in terms of watches (bad experience with the first moderately expensive watch I purchased), but decided that the convenience of never having to worry about the battery (solar), or changing the time (DST) or date (thanks to atomic syncing), made it worth it. I was concerned that the 51mm case would be too big on my wrists (6.8"), but it fits perfectly. The watch looks better than I thought it would. Additional functions are nice to have, and are usable, although if that is a major purpose for the purchase, this might not be the best option.
on June 23, 2012
I collect watches and mostly they are stainless steel so I was looking for something that was a little more suitable for everyday use and wouldn't get scratched easily. This Casio is perfect for that reason. The rubber casing and bracelet mean that it passes the durability test easily and the layered design of the dial and sub dials means that it looks pretty good too especially with the orange accents. There is no backlight, however, the hands and digits are very luminous and easy to read in poor light. The best thing about this watch is not only is it solar powered but it sets itself automatically and is accurate. If it hasn't been worn for a while and stops then as soon as it receives enough light to charge itself again it auto sets the time including the seconds!! This is great considering the instructions are a little complicated (hence 4 stars). I'm not a fan of japanese watches but I'll make an exception in his case as this is a great everyday watch.
0Comment7 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
The watch is sharp looking. The watch font is like, 1 point, making using the majority of its features impossible for me. I don't wear reading glasses (yet), though am closing in on them, and there is no way that I can read all the minute features of the watch face in normal lighting - forget about subpar lighting. As such, setting the alarm is no longer an option. The flourescent hands are little weak, making reading them in the dark mildly problematic. It is a great looking watch and I would consider purchasing it again for only that reason, I guess.
on December 6, 2012
I like the sporty look of the watch, it feels good on my wrist. This is my first G Shock atomic and I was downright confused as far as the setup. Instructions could be a lot simpler but the watch itself stands out in a good way. There are some decent videos on the internet demonstrating initial setup. I find that it's within +/- 2 seconds compared to the NIST clock. I've gotten a few compliments already and a few "where'd you get that?"s.