5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!
I received this watch today. Thank you Amazon for fast shipping (lousy packing, but the neither watch box nor watch itself was hurt).

Perfectly comfortable. Easy instructions. Great functionality.

All-around delighted by this great looking timepiece.

Published on August 21, 2008 by R. Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars This Watch is Awesome...for three years...
I've had this watch for almost a year now and can confidently say that this watch is the best watch I've ever had the luxury of wearing. I've worn a variety of watches, including Fossil, and always ended up losing them because I hardly cared enough about them. But this Casio takes watches to the next level. It has everything an average consumer could ask for. In order of...
Published on November 25, 2010 by Prad Bitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, August 21, 2008
This review is from: Casio Men's GW9100-1 G-Shock Gulfman Solar Atomic Watch (Watch)

Perfectly comfortable. Easy instructions. Great functionality.

All-around delighted by this great looking timepiece.

I've been wearing it and playing with it since it arrived about 5 hours ago (I should have spent more time actually working...), and having gone through all the functions and settings, I have found no (ZERO) negatives.

Highest recommendations.

Update... Day 2.

I wore the watch all day yesterday and forced a synch with the atomic clock at 6:39 PM. It worked flawlessly and caught a 'L3' signal even in the hills where I live.

Last night I put it on my desk and at 12:04 this morning it re-synched automatically.

This is a truly outstanding watch. I am wearing it again this morning and probably will all weekend. BTW... this kind of watch is usually not my style. I have worn mechanical Swiss watches for years; mostly automatics. This is my 3rd G-Shock and is my favorite by leaps and bounds.

Great watch.

Update...

After a little over 2 weeks I can say that this is the best digital watch I've ever owned. It rarely leaves my wrist. I wear it to work, the gym, hiking... everywhere.

When I don't feel it necessary to put on a 'dress' watch, this is what I wear.

The buttons are easy to push. The dial is easy to read. It's incredibly functional... and great looking!

Again, the absolute highest recommendations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Titanium G-Shock Solar Powered Watch, March 15, 2008
Casio's G-Shock Titanium Solar Powered Watch is amazing so far. Lightweight, radio wave controlled time (for even greater accuracy), the battery recharges on it's own through solar polar & indoor lighting; overall, the features that come with this watch might not have everything that a 1k watch would, but what it does contain has outstanding performance. I have had this watch only for a month now but years from now I'm sure I will still be impressed by this watch. When the time changed, the time automatically adjusted for daylight savings - that's news to me.
Comfort - 7/10 'the band that comes with the watch isn't too comfortable but the watch is lightweight. With a Velcro band the watch wears a lot more comfortable.
Style - 9/10 'for the outdoor use, great look; it's a little thick though.
Technology - 10/10 'of the features the watch contains, everything seems almost flawless. User can enable auto-backlight, 5 alarms, worldwide timezone settings, of course the G-Shock feature, etc.
Price - 6/10 'the price paid for this watch was around $180. It is neat and I'm sure the cost will pay for itself down the road, but for the features, I think it could be a little bit lower (~$120)

If you're looking for a great watch that is going to withstand the outdoor heat/cold/dirt/water/hard hits, this watch (as long as any Casio G-Shock watch) is perfect for you. They have many styles and features; just pick which one that suits you most.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Watch!, August 21, 2008
This is a large, good looking, solar-atomic watch. The Casio Waveceptor body is titanium so it will be light as air on your wrist. You can wear this precision instrument without fear of breaking it. Excellent construction. This baby is built to last.

The feature I like best is when fully charged, it will run for about 9 months without additional exposure to sunlight. The other solar watches I researched all required almost daily sun exposure or you face the proposition of early battery failure.

With the additional benefit of owning an atomic watch, you will enjoy superb time accuracy. Try it - you'll like it! Two thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Sports Watch with Compromise between Features and Size, August 13, 2009
I've always liked the Ironman watches but I wanted 200 meter water resistance and something a little more sturdy that would last me for several years unlike my last Ironman watch.

My previous turnoffs for the G-shock line were just the sheer size and thickness so I've always avoided them (I have 6 3/4 to 7 inch wrists). They always looked like hockey pucks on my wrist when I tried them on.

I've had this watch on for over a month now and I'm impressed and it has lived up to my high expectations and exceeded in others.

Pros:
- Looks great with black and titanium. The faces also matches the look well.
- Easy buttons to press that don't protrude outwards and are protected.
- No fake chrome or corrosion prone metals
- Water resistant to 20 bar = 200 meter
- Time sync even works from inside my house when the watch syncs at night (impressive and I live down in Texas)
- Solar recharging is great and it holds a long charge (days at a time) without needing light. Charge meter tells approximate charge.
- Auto-power saver works when watch is in the dark and not on your wrist. It is a great plus for conserving power even though it probably has enough juice to last you for days.
- Titanium case is corrosion resistant even against salt (that's why it's called the Gulfman).
- Fits on slimmer wrists without looking like a hockey puck
- Lightweight which surprised me yet feels solid and sturdy.
- Clear glass with a raised rim for protection (G-Shock design).
- Light illuminates the entire face. Watch is easy to read in the day or at night with light.
- International time display for many cities around the world. Convenient for my international family.
- Truly the perfect sporty outdoor watch.

Cons:
- Honestly, none that I can think of.

I've been looking for a watch like this for a long time. Can't think of a con. For some the price might be an issue but I think it's well worth the $130+ price tag over the other similarly sized G-shock watches as it is sturdier and has better features. Basically, for the price, I expect that being a G-Shock with titanium, atomic time sync, and solar powered that it will keep time for me for quite a long time and outlast my other previous watches before having to replace the internal rechargeable battery.

Other outdoorsy type watches: The Pathfinder watches seem cool but I have no use for their size, bulk, or the baro or temp meters. This particular Gulfman is the ultimate compromise in features and sturdiness and size.

CONCLUSION: I highly recommend this watch for those in search of a high quality, nicely designed, outdoor sports watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars cool upgrades, December 6, 2008
Hal Grotke "biophile2" (Fairhaven, California) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a dead Casio G-Shock that had served me well for over 10 years. That one was a replacement for another that had also lasted over ten years, so I am into my 3rd decade of Casio watches. I like the radio link to the atomic clock. That's a minor laziness issue, but convenient. I like the idea of the solar thing although I am not yet convinced that I gain much from that.

A couple things I don't like about this:
1)I use this watch primarily while I am jogging. I jog 30 minutes...15 minutes out and 15 minutes back. The countdown timer on my previous G-Shock was set at 15 minutes and it told me when to turn around. Then the timer restarted itself and told me when to stop. The new one doesn't restart so it is now set at 30 minutes and I watch the time for when to turn around.
2)When the timer goes off the light doesn't flash. Sometimes I jog after dark and want to see the face of the clock, especially current time in the second little window. This is also a change from the previous model.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Feels Perfect!, January 31, 2009
synthezatory (Sunny California) - See all my reviews
Great Watch, great materials, comfortable to wear, good features, very very rugged, for me it's perfect. Reason i bought this one is that i really love the style on this one, has a titanium ring on the face, plus most of all, i don't need to worry about battery no more that the replacement might cause water leak if you don't do it right like other reviewers' experience on other models of g-shocks. The buttons feels right, not too stiff, not too soft. The band is really comfortable, soft surfaced. Clear display. The size is not as big as i expected (which is good, cos i have a small wrist), just perfect. I attached some photos so you'll get the picture on your head how it looks like on the wrist. Now i'm happy and don't have to worry about reviewing to get watch anymore. Amazon have always been a great source of shopping and information for me, very reliable and satisfying. Thanks so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one - You'll Love it!, April 20, 2009
What a fantastic watch! The buttons are large and easy to press, the digital readout is easy to read, the backlight is awesome and living in Illinois I have had NO problems with Atomic time sync (even wearing it while sleeping). The colors in the stock photo's show the titanium as really silvery. In reality however, the titanium is more greyish than silver. To me, it looks better in "real life".
I've had this watch for almost two weeks now and it never leaves my wrist except when I exchange it for my Sunday watch.
The GulfMan is a very rugged, lightweight, not too big and suprisingly handsome watch. The band is very comfortable as well. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G-Shock Gulfman Watch, September 14, 2008
As usual Casio has created a product that will withstand the rigors of life. The watch is better than ever, with solar power supplementing the battery. As I have an allergy to metals, the rust resistant Titanium backing was an uncertainty for me, but it would seem that the metal does not exacerbate this condition. The face is easy to read and the ability to set conditions such as the amount of time the backlight stays on and the power save feature have yet again convinced me that this is the ONLY watch for me. It is rugged, and I don't have to worry about damaging it as I go about my day to day business in both my work environment or my active recreational lifestyle. I purchased my last G-Shock 15 years ago and it is still going strong, but due to my reaction to metals, I modified the band and wear it on my belt, mostly for work. It is a refreshing change that I can wear this stylish watch on my wrist and I fully expect it to last as long or longer. G-Shock does it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so great, November 21, 2009
I just received this timepiece from Amazon yesterday (five days ahead of schedule, mind you), and after one day I'm very pleased. The watch looks better in person than it does it photos I've see (more understated), and it fits my skinny wrists better than I could have imagined a 45mm diameter watch would.

The display is bold and highly legible and very attractive. Functionality has been first-rate so far. I read the entire manual to familiarize myself with the many operations, then last night I placed the watch on my nightstand just prior to going to bed. Not on my window sill, as recommended, but on my nightstand. I had intentionally set the watch about 18 seconds fast, but when I woke up, it had synched itself perfectly, which I confirmed at time.gov. After reading all the squawking about atomic time not working properly, I'm pleased that mine appears to work perfectly. And I live in the mountainous Pacific Northwest; not exactly next door to Fort Collins.

A few minor beefs are as follows:

1. The countdown timer is limited to one hour. I don't know why Casio would limit it like this, but, truth be told, I'm unlikely to need a longer timer most of the time.

2. The day and date cannot be displayed simultaneously. Not a huge issue, but an issue nonetheless.

3. The current time is only displayed in two of the four modes, alarm and timer. No go for the stopwatch and world time.

4. The backlight is somewhat disappointing. I bought my brother the battery powered version of this watch, and the two stage backlight on that watch is fantastic, the best I've seen on a G. This watch, however, sports a dimmer, single stage backlight. It works and does what it's supposed to do, but it's out of character for the watch and this price point. I believe the solar panels are the reason for the missing second backlight (no room), but if this watch had the other Gulfman's backlight, it would be even better.

Minor complaints aside, all in all, this is a terrific, comfortable, functional and good-looking timepiece, and I would definitely buy this one again. I'm also very pleased with the service and pricing at Amazon, which has only been good to me.

Udate: Well, I've lived with this watch for a few weeks now, and I can say it's the best digital watch I've ever owned. It has synched every night, and the combination of features and wearability make this an outstanding timepiece. All that and it looks great too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G-Shock Gulfman Solar Atomic Watch, November 13, 2008
J. Wyatt "mike1" (Mars Hill, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Casio's G-Shock Titanium Solar Powered Watch is a great watch for wearing everyday, anywhere. Lightweight, radio wave controlled time (for even greater accuracy), the battery recharges on it's own through solar polar and indoor lighting. I have had this watch for only a few days now, but I plan on using it almost daily for years to come. My son has had a couple Casio G-Shock watches over the last ten years and has worn them daily for about six years working on the Beach Patrol in Florida, and now wears them as a Firefighter/Paramedic/Rescue Diver. I own a Citizen Eco-Drive, all Titanium and Atomic Time Control, so I wanted no less in my everyday work watch. This watch satisfies all my gadget needs, is more accurate and less harmful to our environment than my past watches that require about yearly replacement of the battery. The band that comes with the watch is comfortable, stays in place on my arm and the watch is lightweight.
This watch has a great look even though it's a little thick compared to many watches today, but it doesn't bother me.
The price I paid was the best price I could find on the internet, and I believe it's a reasonable price. Shipping was free and I received it in seven days after placing the order!
I already know from my personal experience and that of my son's, that Casio G-Shock watches are tough, functional and good looking watches. This is generally advertized as a "Men's" watch, but I believe many women will find this watch just as useful and look just as great as men do! So, ladies don't let the Men's Watch title head you in a different direction. This is a great watch for everyone!