5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!
This watch is perfect for adventure! I use it at the gym for timing and it is great because you can push one easy button and the display glows! Just what I needed. I don't have to worry about breaking it because it is tough. Thanks!
Published 14 months ago by Norman

3.0 out of 5 stars GWM530A-1
I really like this watch and all its functionality. One thing keeps it from getting five stars....

Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, May 15, 2013
Norman "Sinner saved by grace!" (CHARLOTTE, NC, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's GWM530A-1 G-Shock Atomic Tough Solar Digital Watch (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars This great, January 18, 2013
This watch has many great features. The solar charging function is great so far. It was down a little when I got it. A few hours under the lamp and it was at full power. Hasn't droped down yet. I left it by the window a few nights. Check in the morning and it got the signal from the satelight confirming the corect time. This another feature it has, requires some detail and care to take advantage of but it is good to have.

The other basics stopwatch, alarm, countdown time are all good. For me I thought when I decided to buy it. If I am ever stranded on and island I'll be able to know the time and keep trck of the years, and never have to worry about finding a battery.

3.0 out of 5 stars GWM530A-1, August 30, 2013

I have sent this watch back to Casio two times to have them work on it because it keeps getting moisture in it. The first time they fixed it, it was fine for a year or so. Then, moisture got in again and the display went bad. I had it fixed a second time and now, within a couple of months, moisture in in the watch again. I'm not sending it in a third time.

I just ordered a GW3500B-1A. Hopefully, it won't suffer the same issue. I'm giving Casio a second chance. I hope I just got that "one in a million", bad unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, January 24, 2013
I had the older version of this watch and its awesome! Its 7 years old now and still works the band broke and is being held together with duck tape but it still works and I love it. 7 years for a watch is a long time and totally worth the money and. Once this one breaks i am getting one just like it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Companion, April 11, 2013
S. Willoughby (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Great for world traveling. Just click through to the time zone you are in -- or are traveling to. It's done! No struggling to set and reset. Because it'd "G-Shock" you don't have to worry about bumping it on something or getting it wet. The solar power works fine and eliminates any concern about batteries dying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent with one caveat, December 18, 2013
The watch is great. This is my second G-shock Casio watch. I got the first one 13 years ago. It works well, but the bottom of the bezel broke and that demanded an upgrade.

As soon as I learned about the solar charging capabilities of Casio's solar watches I knew I wanted one of those. It is incredible that you can have this watch and never have to worry about replacing the battery. The charge indicator is useful.

The size is very appropriate. My previous G-shock was extremely bulky. This one is somewhat small, yet incredibly sturdy and well designed. The display is easy to read and the backlight is great. The wristband is comfortable.

As per the functions, 4 regular alarms, 1 snooze alarm, several time zones, stopwatch, and atomic timekeeping. That is also really cool, as not only do you not have to worry about replacing the battery, you also do not have to worry about setting up the time!

Now, the caveat:

Nowhere in the specs did they mention that the timer can only be setup in increments OF ONE MINUTE! In other words, the smallest number from which the timer can count down is one (1) minute. Yes, it can go all the way to 24 hours, but not under 1 minute. This is a problem for me because I like to train in 30-second intervals and I was hoping I could set the time to, say, 35 seconds and do my interval.

Not a deal breaker though. My solution is basically to start the timer from 1 minute, breathe for 25 seconds, wait until it gets to 35 seconds remaining, and start my interval training. Not so bad because after each interval I actually take 2-3 minutes of rest.

Thus, I will keep the watch because I can use it comfortably for all my sports such as running, playing tennis, swimming, scuba diving, biking, etc. Additionally, It will withstand pressure, bumps, vibration, and rough use. Finally, I am loving the design, size, and three basic awesome things: g-shock, solar powered, and atomic timekeeping.

But BE AWARE of the timer's limitation stated above before you purchase this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, September 29, 2013
Peter Samson (Snohomish, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Solar-powered, water resistant, and it will sync the time with the atomic-clock signals. It's all I need for a SHTF.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for., March 25, 2013
Needed a watch for travel that was easy to set, change time zones and keep accurate time. Couldn't have made a better choice that this beauty. Rugged (if a little large), power from the sun or indoor light, auto-syncs to world time signals and keeps dual time (one for where I am and one for home). Can't beat the value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars T. Baker, February 20, 2013
I'm writing this review with this watch being on my wrist for 4 1/2 years. I figured that was a long enough track record. I have multiple watches, but this is my go to watch. Accurate, functional and I don't ever think about it being off or not right. In fact I set all my other watches with it. The only problem I've had was the band split and I had to replace it. I bought the replacement on Amazon and did it myself in no time. So in almost 5 years I've never set this watch, changed a battery, or wound this watch, and it still does the job like no other. In fact the only reason I was looking at it on Amazon was because I'm afraid they will stop making them and I want a back-up. The thought of going to work without this watch scares me. You know when you get something that works well they either change it or stop making it, never understood that. So if you need an accurate watch that you don't need to worry about this watch is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST G-SHOCK EVER!!!, July 13, 2013
I owned the earlier version of this watch and it lasted through two overseas deployments (including one in the jungle in Uganda). The only reason I upgraded to the newer black style (GWM530A-1)one was because it had a countdown timer and the black color scheme looks much better than the silver and black one (GWM500A-1). It may cost a little more, but it's worth every penny. Looks much better in person than the photos.

Rate and Discover Movies