Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on July 13, 2013
I owned the earlier version of this watch and it lasted through two overseas deployments (including one in the jungle in Uganda). The only reason I upgraded to the newer black style (GWM530A-1)one was because it had a countdown timer and the black color scheme looks much better than the silver and black one (GWM500A-1). It may cost a little more, but it's worth every penny. Looks much better in person than the photos.
review image
0Comment42 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2013
I had the older version of this watch and its awesome! Its 7 years old now and still works the band broke and is being held together with duck tape but it still works and I love it. 7 years for a watch is a long time and totally worth the money and. Once this one breaks i am getting one just like it again.
11 comment12 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2013
Great for world traveling. Just click through to the time zone you are in -- or are traveling to. It's done! No struggling to set and reset. Because it'd "G-Shock" you don't have to worry about bumping it on something or getting it wet. The solar power works fine and eliminates any concern about batteries dying.
on August 30, 2013
I really like this watch and all its functionality. One thing keeps it from getting five stars....

I have sent this watch back to Casio two times to have them work on it because it keeps getting moisture in it. The first time they fixed it, it was fine for a year or so. Then, moisture got in again and the display went bad. I had it fixed a second time and now, within a couple of months, moisture in in the watch again. I'm not sending it in a third time.

I just ordered a GW3500B-1A. Hopefully, it won't suffer the same issue. I'm giving Casio a second chance. I hope I just got that "one in a million", bad unit.
44 comments11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2013
This watch has many great features. The solar charging function is great so far. It was down a little when I got it. A few hours under the lamp and it was at full power. Hasn't droped down yet. I left it by the window a few nights. Check in the morning and it got the signal from the satelight confirming the corect time. This another feature it has, requires some detail and care to take advantage of but it is good to have.

The other basics stopwatch, alarm, countdown time are all good. For me I thought when I decided to buy it. If I am ever stranded on and island I'll be able to know the time and keep trck of the years, and never have to worry about finding a battery.
0Comment19 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2013
This watch is perfect for adventure! I use it at the gym for timing and it is great because you can push one easy button and the display glows! Just what I needed. I don't have to worry about breaking it because it is tough. Thanks!
on November 11, 2013
Like the big numerals on it for us with poor eyesight. Can read it without my glasses. Just wish Casio would make a G shock like it with a sapphire crystal. I'd pay the extra as I have already gotten a small scratch on my brand new one. my fault! But a sapphire crystal would match the toughness of the watches concept.
on September 29, 2013
Solar-powered, water resistant, and it will sync the time with the atomic-clock signals. It's all I need for a SHTF.
on June 22, 2014
This is a rally nice watch and does exactly what I was looking for (solar, large digits with seconds, atomic sync can be turned off).

NOTE: The picture on Amazon is a bit misleading. The purple looking face is the Solar panel and they've captured it at an odd angle. In real life it's black as seen on pictures on the Casio website.
on March 25, 2013
Needed a watch for travel that was easy to set, change time zones and keep accurate time. Couldn't have made a better choice that this beauty. Rugged (if a little large), power from the sun or indoor light, auto-syncs to world time signals and keeps dual time (one for where I am and one for home). Can't beat the value for the money.