Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

on July 14, 2013
I'm very happy with my Casio GWX5600C-7. The fit and finish is very good. I was attracted to this watch because of the 'negative' display (light colored characters against a black background.) The black display stands out against the bright white glossy case and band for a unique look. Be aware that this type of display is not that great in low light situations. This watch is at its best outside in daylight. There is the option to press the illumination button, but the instructions warn that repeated illuminations will drain the battery. This is a solar-charged watch and it requires a bit more involvement on the users part to maintain an adequate power reserve. I put the watch out in the sun whenever possible. So far the power indicator has not dropped below 'high'. I don't want to make it sound like keeping the watch charged is a lot of trouble. I have three solar watches, two G-Shocks and a Citizen Eco-Drive. I wear all three on a rotating basis and leave them in the sun for an hour or two whenever it's convienient. So far none of them have shown any signs of running down.
To get the most out of the GWX5600C-7, you need to read the manual. Casio refers to their watch movements as 'modules'. This watch uses Module 3222, and the included manual is very detailed and well written. My favorite features of this module are the negative display, moon phase graphic, MultiBand-6 radio controlled timekeeping, and the ability to set four different alarms.
The negative display shows the part of the moon that is illuminated in a light color, which more accurately represents its actual appearance in the sky.
The radio-controlled timekeeping function on my watch works well. I performed a manual receive operation when it arrived without difficulty. The watch displays the signal strength of the time broadcast and the time and date of the last successful receive operation. Automatic reception has been successful every night .
I like having four alarms available. Setting is not difficult. There is also a cascading countdown timer that alternates between two user defined intervals. It can be set to repeat up to ten times. It's a neat feature, but so far I can't think of anything to use it for. There is of course the usual stopwatch function as well.
If you are considering this watch, I recommend that you download the manual from the Casio website and read it first. There are quite a few features that I have not mentioned. I can say that everything that I have tried to do on the watch has worked exactly as described in the instructions.
on November 27, 2013
Great versatile watch! I use this in the ED and it works well with the negative display given the lighting. I wear it all the time, even in the shower or pool, and it hasn't failed me yet. The moon and tidal charts are neat features too because I occasionally go on boardwalks or rent a canoe so it's good to know. Plus you can try to correlate all the weird cases coming in with high tides or full moons. As a side note, it won't sync properly if you have the daylight savings time (took me a day to figure that out) - so make sure to fix your daylight savings time settings if you watch isn't syncing properly!
on February 17, 2014
I love the watch! Has all of the features that I wanted. Its slim, fits under sleeves and the tide feature is really usefull for surfing. Its easy to read when its bright or really dark, but when its cloudy or indoor fim lighting you need to have it at a good angle to read it.
on May 1, 2014
I bought the GWM5610-1 for myself and absolutely love it. However I bought the GWX5600c-7 with the reverse display for my wife who is a nurse and under most conditions the display is almost unreadable. I am going to give it away and buy her a Casio with a normal display.
on September 9, 2014
i am happy with casio for making this retro g-shock watch in white. i love my red version so much, i eneded up buying this white version also. what makes it more awsome is its updated with atomic solar! this watch looks real slick. on the glass face, its black in the center with a blue border. the white is smooth and shiny. whenever i wear this watch, it draws a lot of attention just like my red version does. i love this watch!
on March 27, 2014
Great looking watch, loaded with features. Syncing to the atomic clock works well (better than on other watches I have) - it manages to sync practically every night. The green backlight looks amazing -- however I wish the display was easier to read in daylight (hence the 4 stars but think of it as 4+). I would absolutely recommend this watch to anyone.
on August 12, 2013
pros: stylish, g shock toughness, unique reverse LCD display, multiple functions, light weight, solar powered reserve battery.

cons: harder to read display in low light conditions.
on May 29, 2014
I love Casio G-Shocks and own quite a few. But the one thing that Casio cannot figure out is how to make a readable reverse display. The standard black on white displays are quite legible, although Casio appears to be making the digit size smaller and smaller on each new generation of watches. The white on black displays are terrible, and this watch is no exception. It is simply too dull to read in daylight, and even in dimmer light, not that clear. You can use the backlight, but the backlight doesn't stay on that long (and drains battery quickly), so if you need to perform a function, e.g., setting the timer, you'll have to constantly engage the backlight.

I own a Suunto Ambit, and its reverse display is perfectly legible in both bright and dim light. Other than the display, some might not find the shiny white band to their liking. It appears that it will wear over time. Otherwise, a very fashionable and reliable timepiece.
on June 29, 2015
Good looking G Shock for those that don't normally wear G Shocks. I have a couple of mechanical watches I love to wear, but don't want to risk in saltwater, gardening, shop work, etc. Not worth an expensive repair.

This "5600" style G-Shock is smaller than most of their line, and the reverse display looks great (a little hard to read indoors, but it's better looking. Note, Casio introduces new variations all the time and it's confusing as can be.

Desirable features are 6 band tome keeping, Solar power and the tide and moon displays. Some 5600 G Shocks look like this one but _don't_ have those features.
on March 9, 2015
I think it is a great watch with just a few shortcomings. First, the manual as well as generally accepted opinions online, despite the product description, it is not guaranteed to be suitable for scuba diving and maintain its warranty, for this it must be rated by the ISO as a Diver's 150m or Diver's 200m. In older versions of the manual it was rated for scuba diving, and many people suspect this was removed when testing requirements increased. See "macspite's" comment in: Secondly, I followed the directions perfectly, turned on the auto illuminate, paying very close attention to lighting, and the angle in both axis of importance, but I still cannot get the auto illuminate to function. Otherwise this watch is really cool. Great glossy appearance, as long as you don't shower with it a lot, or so I've read.